Any doctors out there?

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
So I'm taking a break from Harry Potter to ask the following:

Say I found a surprisingly effective remedy to an otherwise practically untreatable, erm, affliction. Whom should I speak to, and how?

This might be a big deal, methinks.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Tru, that's super and hope it cures a bunch of peeps, but aren't ya gonna tell all your closest friends here what the remedy is and what the affliction is? Purty please with a cherry on top.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Tell me, a former AP Bio student who is reading an eight hundred page book about plagues.

Come on. Ask me about Lassa virus in the seventies. Or about the emergence of AIDS, first known as GRID virus (gay-related immunodeficiency disease). Ask me about hemmorhagic fevers, African green monkeys, Toxic Shock Syndrome, and periodic outbreaks in South African hospitals of drug-resistant strep!!

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Do you have a doctor that treats this condition?

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
As far as my doctor was concerned --as well as many other doctors, too-- said condition is virtually untreatable, so they don't treat it.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Why don't you google the affliction and the "cure?"

BTW can you PUH LEEZE say what the affliction is? You don't have to say the remedy but this is going to drive me nuts if I don't know what it is. :)

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
It's herpes, isn't it?

And, hate to burst your bubble, but putting Cinnaburst toothpaste on your ding-ding ain't gonna cure it.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Email Kevin Trudeau (charlatan hack guy who sells the wildly popular "health cures the government doesn't want you to know!" books) with it.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
It's herpes, isn't it?

And, hate to burst your bubble, but putting Cinnaburst toothpaste on your ding-ding ain't gonna cure it.

"The tingling sensation means it's working."

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
You guys are all hilarious. I'm being serious here. I had an idea, ran it like an experiment with controls and everything, and it worked -- quickly, unlike anything I've ever found on the internet, in books, or from a doctor's goddamn mouth.

But thanks for taking me seriously.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Not that I'm a doctor, but I'd have suggestions for you if you'd be much less secretive and ambiguous.

dub

He ain't right...
Registered
Reaction score
My doctorate is not medical. However, I could help you find the origin of the word or germ, diagram the parts. Create a syntax structure using the disease and make it look like a rose. We could form a critical pedagogy and set up a study. At your service :)

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Was gonna suggest you write about it, for a regular magazine or the American Medical Journal (or whatever it's called), but can see problems with that. Maybe you could google the person who invented Airborne, and email her/him to see what she did. If I remember right she's a teacher. Of course, she could also be a doctor too, who knows. Fwiw.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
You guys are all hilarious. I'm being serious here. I had an idea, ran it like an experiment with controls and everything, and it worked -- quickly, unlike anything I've ever found on the internet, in books, or from a doctor's goddamn mouth.

But thanks for taking me seriously.
Take you serious? In Office Party? Riiiiight...

I know this is some kind of set-up.

Btw, Cheeto fingers is not a medical condition. The orange stuff just washes off.

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Take you serious? In Office Party? Riiiiight...

I know this is some kind of set-up.

Btw, Cheeto fingers is not a medical condition. The orange stuff just washes off.

Well, we can pretend to take him serious can't we? Then when he says "Psych, it was a joke" we can nod knowingly and go about our business whilst he sputters and fumes cause his joke fell flat. Besides, I couldn't think of anything funny to say, ya'll are much cleverer then me.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Truman - I'm not a doctor, but I've been to them (like that qualifies me to talk about anything...).

But I think talking to someone in medical research would be your best bet for the possibility of getting the word out. Maybe an organization like the National Institute of Health? I know you're in China...

They have contact information here: http://www.nih.gov/about/contact.htm

There's also the World Health Organization, but they look pretty difficult to contact. You might want to start with a more localized group. Even a medical university might prove helpful -- I see (thanks, Google :) that China is a strong participant in medical research.

A doctor or doctors may not be able to do anything with the information. It's far more likely that you'll get somewhere with researchers.

At any rate, it's really awesome that you've discovered an unknown cure, and I hope that you can get the word out about it!

ETA: Just had a thought -- you've probably discovered a natural cure, and not a drug, yes? If that's the case, you may want to contact holistic/naturopathic health organizations - two of them are the American Holistic Medical Association (www.holisticmedicine.org) and the British Holistic Medical Association (www.bhma.org). Also, whatever you do... don't contact Kevin Trudeau. :)

Last edited:

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
A research pharmacist at a hospital could help you. Or maybe have a word to a retail pharmacist, to test the waters. You'd need to test your remedy for contraindications, etc. and have it approved by the relevant medical authorities before it could be marketed properly. (A meeting with a drug company may be warranted for manufacture and distribution if it's unique--and lawyer at your side, of course.) Most drugs derive from natural sources. We've just synthesized a lot of them. :)

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
I just really want to know what the condition is. Seirously, I don't like secrets, I feel left out. Come on you can tell us. :)

But if you don't want to I understand. As long as you understand that I'll be revoking you rights to waffles for all eternity. Do you really want to live a waffle free life?

Think about it.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it's a viral disease, you'll have to show that your cure does more than just clear up symptoms. Many of the "untreatable" viral diseases have hiding places in your person where they can wage periodic war with your body. Also, many anti-viral meds come with a long list of contra-indications. If your sample size is N = 1, I'd suggest you go to Google Scholar and do a search for the specific disease (you may have to go to a more general search), find out who are the active researchers in that kind of research, and pitch your ideas to them. They might think you're a crackpot, but you might generate some interest. Medical doctors generally don't get involved until it's time to do large scale testing of treatments.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just really want to know what the condition is. Seirously, I don't like secrets, I feel left out. Come on you can tell us. :)

But if you don't want to I understand. As long as you understand that I'll be revoking you rights to waffles for all eternity. Do you really want to live a waffle free life?

Think about it.
Truman should be invoking HIPPA laws right about now.

Don't tell us, Truman. It's none of our business. Health is private.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm taking a break from Harry Potter to ask the following:

Say I found a surprisingly effective remedy to an otherwise practically untreatable, erm, affliction. Whom should I speak to, and how?

This might be a big deal, methinks.

My suggestion would be, first, to contact the US Patent office and patent your idea. Then write up an article for the academic magazines and get your idea out there.

I could be way off base, though.

Any chance you'll tell me what it is in PM?