Need somebody to help me polish my novel---will pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

WisconsinBadger

I have a manuscript, and am currently rewiting it. I did pay somebody over $800 to help, but she is from another country and is not being very prompt or helpful. I need somebody to work closely with me. I can pay monthly or in a lump sum, in which case I wouldn't utilize the services until January. I am an eager writer, and just love inventing characters and plots. I write fiction of no particular genre and would like to try to make my novel professional. If anyone knows of anybody who can help, or is willing to help herself/himself, please e-mail me at [email protected] I feel like I've already wasted a lot of time being cheated---I am NOT rich...lol.

I am very open to suggestion and do not get offended easily, but I do like to work with people who are tactful and want somebody who has had publishing experience. Female preferred. No self-publications.

Thanks. Hope to hear form you.

Pam :)

veingloree

For that kind of money you should be able to get an copy-editor with a track record and a good reputation. I am sure people here will be able to make suggestions.

If you have a fairly rough manuscript (as you seem to) I suggest starting with swapping comments with other authors. This is good for picking up glaring plot holes and typos. Then you can present the paid editors with a much cleaner manuscript and they will be able to do the job a lot quicker/cheaper.

In either case don't wave too much money around in open forums, it draws the sharks! You can get recommendations re: good copyeditors and ask what their going rates are. Go with a respectable professional that is within your budget.

mammamaia

i could do it for you for free...

...if it doesn't have any violent content... email me and we'll talk it over... contact info is on my website below...
love and hugs, maia

MThomas2003

Re: i could do it for you for free...

You might also consider this site: www.onlinewritingworkshop.com/

It's $49 a year. Their specialty is sci-fi and fantasy, however they are beta testing fiction and romance as well. It is a very professionally run online critique situation. You would need to be willing to provide critiques for others, in order to get critiques for your own work. If you're not comfortable with critique groups, this one might not be for you. However, the price is certainly right considering what you've already paid, and the critiques will run the gamut from detailed to brief commentary.

And, lest you be curious, I am a member of the workshop, but not a recruiter. :) I've found that both posting to receive critiques there, and critiquing the work of others, has improved my work tremendously (and gotten me published).

The only drawback I can see for you is that you may need to be active for a few months before finding a few people willing to read the entire novel. Best of luck on your writing!

mammamaia

Re: i could do it for you for free...

i got your message in the other post on this, badger... i wish you the best in finding the appropriate help...

love and hugs, maia

Status
Not open for further replies.