Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Snip:

10. Noisy doors.
You can't walk three feet in a starship without some door whooshing or screeching at you. My office building has automatic sliding doors. They're dead silent. If those doors went "wheet!" every time a person walked through them, about once a month some guy in accounting would snap and go on a shooting rampage. Sorry Scotty, the IEEE has revoked your membership until you learn to master WD-40."

And this:

"If you're going to put me in front of a fuseless exploding console all day, the least you could do is let me sit down."

10 things i hate about star trek

Last edited:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Whew, how many decades has "trekkie" carried that angst around inside him? It's just oozing out like purple puss from a Rigellian poisonous puss creature.

This Star Trek episode guide homage/analysis is shaping up to be a fun frequent visit: EL BUNCHO'S BALLS-OUT STAR TREK (start with the bottom item and work up). Not for prudish types.

-Derek

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
0002hbsd.jpg

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Folks are misunderstanding my James T. Kirk post above! Jimmy and I go WAY back... as in WAAAAY back to the '60s when he first boarded the USS Enterprise. We've been through a lot together. He IS awesome. And it's perfectly understandable that he can't hear how awesome he is over the roar of those of us who think he's awesome.

And not only that, but he never takes himself too seriously. He wasn't my first captain, but he's lasted longer than my others. :)

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Sorry Dawno, I must register an official complaint, that Wheaton fella ain't nearly as funny as he thinks he is.

If anyone can beat this, let's see it:

billandted.jpg

-Derek

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure the series improved much with age--at least in terms of irritating parts.

For example, I couldn't stand way they'd spew techno-gibberish in "Star Trek Voyager" at every problem.

"Captain, I believe that if we align the tachyon particle emitter array with our gravitational pulse beacon, we will-- in theory--be able to output antimatter into our dialithium crystal chamber, resulting in a geometric increase in force field intensity.... Or, we could simply bazzfazz the shimstock."

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I didn't even watch Voyager. Hubby got me to watch the last season of Enterprise, that was good, but then it was canceled.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Folks are misunderstanding my James T. Kirk post above! Jimmy and I go WAY back... as in WAAAAY back to the '60s when he first boarded the USS Enterprise. We've been through a lot together. He IS awesome. And it's perfectly understandable that he can't hear how awesome he is over the roar of those of us who think he's awesome.

And not only that, but he never takes himself too seriously. He wasn't my first captain, but he's lasted longer than my others. :)
Man! He was a looker in those days wasn't he? :D