PDA

View Full Version : Interesting writing conditions

citizen_erased
07-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Hello fellow writers. Well started writing this evening with lovely warm sun shining through the window but now its thundering and lightning! Crazy! Nice atmosphere to get that story flowing though! Dogs howling (my dogs, nutters they are), crashes, bangs and flashes! I'm writing away, loving it. Don't know why I posted this...just thought i'd mention it lol.

Thank you very much

Birol
07-20-2007, 12:22 AM
As long as you've got plenty of food and caffeine, and don't spring any leaks, it sounds perfectly lovely.

Welcome to the Roundtable.

Stew21
07-20-2007, 12:24 AM
I love a good thunderstorm! Looking like we'll be getting a storm like that soon.

How about you, Lori? Is it raining your way yet? We never did meet up for coffee, did we? are you coming down for nasfic?

Birol
07-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Right now, the sky is still mostly blue, but I see some clouds building on the horizon.

I'll definitely be at NASFic. That's racing up on us, isn't it? I wondered if you'd be there.

Stew21
07-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Right now, the sky is still mostly blue, but I see some clouds building on the horizon.

I'll definitely be at NASFic. That's racing up on us, isn't it? I wondered if you'd be there.

You'll see me at dinner on that Saturday night. :) Did you see the thread on it?

TheIT
07-20-2007, 12:34 AM
I miss thunderstorms. We get nice, consistent weather here in California, but never the same crazy storms like in the Midwest. There's always such energy in the air during a storm.

Azraelsbane
07-20-2007, 12:40 AM
I completely underestimated how caffeine affects my writing. I went off the stuff for over a year, and I was having the most unproductive writing days. Then one day I popped open a Dr. Pepper and out comes 5k words in a matter of hours! Needless to say, I'm back on the stuff. :flag:

citizen_erased
07-20-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't like Dr Pepper but maybe I should just hold my nose and give it a go? As for thunderstorms, here in the UK we don't really get any powerful ones like in the US. See some of the footage from storms in the US and it's quite amazing.

zahra
07-20-2007, 02:40 AM
I was at my mother's as she is in the UK for a couple of months, being dutiful daughter, and although she left me alone to get on with my writing, I got to a part in the screenplay I just KNEW I had to be home to write.

I just felt it. And it was great. I don't know why i had to be here, but I did.