PDA

View Full Version : I have no excuses this weekend...

ccarver30
07-20-2007, 12:11 AM
My bf is going on vacation with some friends/family (I didn't want to go).
My best girl pal is going camping.
My sister is working afternoons (ew).

If I don't get an assload of writing done this weekend, I am worthless!!! :tongue

/end randomness

citizen_erased
07-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Good stuff. I've had a free house for near on two weeks as family been on holiday. They are coming back at about midnight so i'm trying to get as much done as possible. :)

Birol
07-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Then what are you both doing logged in here? Back to work! ;)

Bubastes
07-20-2007, 12:31 AM
:poke: Go. :poke: Write! :poke:

Azraelsbane
07-20-2007, 12:37 AM
I wish I could say the same. I leave tomorrow for Spokane, WA, where I will spend a week sweating in the hot sun as finish line official at a juniors national track meet. Fun! Oh well, at least I finished an article today, so I'm not feeling completely worthless.

Good luck with your writing! I'm sure you'll get tons done as long as you stay off the forums ;)

reigningcatsndogs
07-20-2007, 12:59 AM
One wave of company left yesterday, the next one comes tomorrow. Working at night, I managed to finish one WIP (first draft), but during the day I get five minute snippets of solitude. I miss writing.

scarletpeaches
07-20-2007, 01:00 AM

If I don't get an assload of writing done this weekend, I am worthless!!! :tongue

/end randomness

Hmm...*strokes chin thoughtfully*

ccarver30
07-20-2007, 03:51 PM
LOL! He is going to Mackinac Island with his family. She is going to Tawas with her BOYFRIEND. ;)

seun
07-20-2007, 04:09 PM

/end randomness

I dream of this. Not the having a boyfriend part. Or my lady friends going camping. More the freedom to write without interruption part.

Calla Lily
07-20-2007, 04:41 PM
scarletpeaches, don't be so evil! Save it for your writing. ;)

The DH and older son are off to Brockport (an hour away) for a soccer tourney. Younger son and I will clean house, because mom and dad are coming up Sunday. Maybe...just maybe...I can get some writing done after the housecleaning. Argh.

And gear up to explain to the parents--again--why it'll take 2-6 months for either agent to respond to the fulls.

(Although 12 new MST3Ks are SO calling my name...)

Soccer Mom
07-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Catch a little MST3K time. I won't tell.

I have time to write this morning, but I just sent off a query and now I'm in a tizzy and can't write. I'm such a dork.

Don't be like me. :whip:

Stew21
07-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I love weekends to write, but I think I like weekends that have bazillions of fun excuses better.
:)

ink wench
07-20-2007, 08:53 PM
No excuses this weekend? Um... HP 7? I will get no writing done Saturday. I have to finish the entire book before I get on a plane, just in case someone evil decides to spoil it in the air. I'd hate to be that passenger that forces an unplanned landing... :guns:

ccarver30
07-20-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm glad I have no iterest in HP- it would be an incredible distraction.
Ask me August 7th when the new Stephenie Meyer book comes out (Eclipse). I'll be all messed up. :)

Calla Lily
07-20-2007, 09:15 PM
I preordered 7 from Amazon 4 months ago ($18, no tax, no shipping!). It might come Saturday (6 did when I preordered it). Since elder son is away, I could skim it in about 2 hours. I don't like Harry--I already live with a whining teenager :D -- but I do want to know what happens. Not enough to read every word, tho.

So truly, only Mike and the Bots will tear me from making my MC's life miserable. ;)

(Now if a new Tracy Groot were to hit the shelves...)

Soccer Mom
07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
heh--I've got my Harry Potter pre-ordered. It's guaranteed to be delivered tomorrow. :D I'm gonna be reading like a mad woman this weekend.

Whoot!

Funny note: You know you order too many books on line when your kids call the UPS man, the Amazon man. :D