Published Writers Wanted for Interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybest

Hi all!

I'm looking for published writers, editors, English teachers, librarians and copyeditors with fond childhood memories of the library for a article I'm writing.

I am also looking to interview past poetry contest winners for a diffrent upcoming magazine article I'm writing.

To contact me, please email: [email protected]

mammamaia

ever hear of the 'bookmobile'?

it's one of my fondest childhood library memories... email me if you want more... see contact info on my site [below]...

hugs, maia

cleoauthor

Every year my parents would take me to a resort at Clearlake, CA. The goal was for me to swim, water ski, hike, get some clean air into my smog-filled lungs. In point of fact, I'd stand at the Lakeport library, waiting for the librarian to open the doors. It was one of those old-fashioned libraries with all those familiar library smells: wood, leather, ink and paste. And there I'd sit, reading my Nancy Drews until the librarian kicked me out until the next day. Those were some of my favorite childhood memories.

Linda Hamner

Ravenlocks01

I have fond memories of a certain library in northern Pennsylvania that I usually visited about once a year (on vacation) while I was growing up. It was a ramshackle old place in the process of falling down, full of interesting books (and not-so-interesting books). In later years you had to walk through a construction tunnel to get in because pieces of the building were falling off, and the library folks didn't want anybody to get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.