PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Writers Really Are Born To Write

rugcat
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM
A friendís eight year old daughter wrote and illustrated a picture book. (Photocopied and bound) Itís really good (Yes, I know, everyoneís child, niece, granddaughter, etc is incredibly talented and special.)

But hereís whatís interesting. On the inside cover she wrote a note to me:

ď...Iím also writing a new book. (Invisible to Human Eyes) I canít tell you what itís about cuz when ever I tell someone what itís about I just stop writing the book.Ē

Out of the mouths of babes.

Will Lavender
07-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Profound! And similar to my own experience, really. I'll give the title, maybe, and tell people "I'm working," but I don't like going any further than that.

aka eraser
07-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Yep. Took me years to realize that talking about a project vaporized a goodly portion of the energy necessary to write it.

Keep an eye on that girl. She's a winner.

Lyra Jean
07-19-2007, 07:52 PM
That happens with me too.

I tried doing this thing where I wrote a chapter and letting people read it thinking that if they thought it was good I would continue writing. It backfired and I had some disappointed friends.

I just tell people I'm working on a new story. Speaking of which I have some editing to do. *groan*

Justin91
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Amazing little girl! Hopefully she will keep the passion for writing as she grows!

jhtatroe
07-19-2007, 08:26 PM
It sounds like this 8-year-old was born with a writer's soul. I love that she's realized the magic in words at such a young age!

Bubastes
07-19-2007, 08:27 PM
That is just too adorable! She definitely has the makings of a writer. I love it.

Celia Cyanide
07-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Very insightful. And it's amazing how many of us agree, and yet have probably never told anyone that.