Not open for further replies.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
It'd be nice to have a get together sometime. I just started going to a writing group that meets once a month in Jax. It was the first time I had ever gotten together with other writers, and I loved it. Sadly, I was the only person there under 50. Still, I found myself wishing we'd meet more than once a month :) Hopefully some more Florida people will pop in!

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
I'm in Jacksonville, and I just discovered the Florida Writers Association thanks to another thread here on AW. I went to the FWA website and discovered they have a chapter in Jax. I'm planning to go to their speaker's meeting next month. There's no fee to go visit.

Their site is http://www.floridawriters.net/dnn/Regions/NorthEasternFL/tabid/79/Default.aspx. You're welcome to check it out, and if we both make it, maybe we'll run into each other.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I live NW of Saint Pete in Seminole, about a mile from the Gulf. I'm not big on networking or writers' workshops and stuff; but I know some decent bars where we could hang out and gossip about the crazy people who inhabit AW. :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
My aunt lives in Seminole :)
It's nice here but very crowded. I'd like to leave and find a quiet place somewhere. I grew up in this area and can't believe the transformation and growth that has taken place over the years. I have strong ties here, but the feeling of being hemmed in is often overwhelming. On the bright side, my home is worth about eight times what I paid for it over twenty years ago. I've been thinking of selling the place and getting the heck out of Dodge for good.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
I get lost going to Sarasota but give me enough warning and I'll attempt to come to wherever. Hanging out is just cool. I'm a bit embarrassed about my output of writing.

No reason to be embarrassed. Everyone is at different stages in their writing. Hell, I've been sitting on a completed manuscript for over six years. I'm just too terrified to query. But I keep writing anyway, because published or not, I just can't get enough of slowly going blind and getting carpal tunnel while sitting in front of a blinking cursor. ;)

I'm flying out to Spokane today (so I can bake while officiating a track meet), but a friend and I are doing a girl's weekend in Orlando the 3-5th of August, and if any of you guys want to get together for drinks or something the 3rd or 4th my friend and I would be fine with meeting somewhere around the Tampa/St. Pete area. Just let me know!

SpookyRabbit

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm new to AW and just moved to the Ocala area (and no, I do not smell like horses). Lloyd, I tried contacting the woman in charge of the FWA for Ocala to see if their group was still meeting at the same bat time at the same bat place, but received no response. Talk about rejection. I finally decide to break out of my shell and my query to join a writer's group is denied. :cry: Maybe because I am not a paying member yet?

Anyways, it is great talking to everyone. I have about a week and a half before it's back to school if we decide to get together. I can meet after than, but I cannot make any guarantee that I will be sane. :e2tongue:

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Hey Spooky, welcome to AW! It's good to see another Floridian. If you ever feel like getting together to chat/crit whatever, just give me a yell. I live in Jax, but Ocala isn't too far away for me. I commuted 5 days a week to Gainesville for 3 semesters at UF. I can drive that way in my sleep. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.