Visiting my avatar Mummy!

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Who wants to come with me to visit my avatar mummy?

He lives (I used the term loosely) in the catacombs of Palermo, Italy, with all his similarly mummified friends, lots of them in their original clothing. I'm planning to go and visit him in September, to ramp up my inspiration for my next screenplay, about mummified zombies!

Come on. I dare ya. Or are you too chicken? (Insert chicken-noises, which I can't reproduce phonetically...)

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Something like Bwwaaaaawwck! I should think.

When irate chicken farmers have an argument they cluck off.

So let me get this straight -- the first member who says yes gets to join you on a month-long all-expenses paid trip to Italy in September?

Yes! Mind you, the scenario might take a bit of explaining to my other half... so I could arrive slightly maimed at the airport... or slightly dead... but count me in! Glad to be aboard.

-Derek

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
I'll join you as well. You'll have to ante up for a first class ticket though. Those transatlantic flights can be so tedious in coach.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
'All-expenses...' 'First class..' ??? Have you both been sniffing formaldehyde?

No, you come to Palermo under your own steam, simply to pay your respects to Avatar Mummy and gawk like ghouls at the rest of the nice dead people.

Perhaps I should move this to the horror thread, where they understand the lure of Avatar Mummies, without talking weirdness about my paying for companions, like I'm some elderly Victorian lady.;)

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Well in that case, I prefer my Italian excursions to revolve around gelato, art and shopping. Mummies I can find here, in museums. (not that yours isn't special... somehow)

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
Well in that case, I prefer my Italian excursions to revolve around gelato, art and shopping. Mummies I can find here, in museums. (not that yours isn't special... somehow)
Don't let him hear you dissing him...You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
'All-expenses...' 'First class..' ??? Have you both been sniffing formaldehyde?
Mainlining on dried camel dung. RLB has a secret source.

Color me disappointed. You're just like all the rest.

-Derek

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
Mainlining on dried camel dung. RLB has a secret source.

Color me disappointed. You're just like all the rest.

-Derek
I'd hoped I was ever so slightly worse...:Shrug:

Besides, you were gonna get maimed or killed by your wife, and I ain't paying for damaged goods...

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
I'll join you as well. You'll have to ante up for a first class ticket though. Those transatlantic flights can be so tedious in coach.

Weakling. I've done transalatinc flights in coach with two elementary aged kids and two drunk parents! Not to mention the guy I thought was a pedofile next to me. . . eww.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Weakling. I've done transalatinc flights in coach with two elementary aged kids and two drunk parents! Not to mention the guy I thought was a pedofile next to me. . . eww.

Christ Duch-how many times have I told you-I AM NOT A PEDOFILE!!!!

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score

I just figured i was my chance for one of those seats that makes out into a full bed and to be right next to that little bar-thing.

I usually do the transatlantic coach thing. Last time, I even forgot a book, and for some unknown reason it took almost ten hours to fly from Amsterdam to Detroit. Longest. Flight. Ever.

The dried camel dung helped though.

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
I can't even imagine those longer-than-a-whole-day flights. Did you do that with children?? You are brave.

No, that was before the Duchlings. I would travel like that with my kids though. Becuase I'm crazy.

Actully I really want my kids to have a pick up and go attitude so I really want to start globetrotting with them soon.

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Besides, you were gonna get maimed or killed by your wife, and I ain't paying for damaged goods...
My wife? Good lordy no, she's just some strumpet I picked up on a street corner, who-can-remember-how-many years ago. We do jig-jig, ten bucks, everybody's happy. Only she won't leave! Every morning I tell her, "Get the hell out!" but she just smiles and asks what's for breakfast. Can't resist the smile, dammit.

-Derek

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
Do they have beer over there? Is there a bar in the 'viewing rooms'?

JJ
I certainly wasn't planning on going in sober. Avatar Mummy wouldn't wish me to.

I really can't imagine a 27hr flight, by the way. I'd probably come out looking like Avatar Mummy's considerably older and less moisturised sister.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
My wife? Good lordy no, she's just some strumpet I picked up on a street corner, who-can-remember-how-many years ago. We do jig-jig, ten bucks, everybody's happy. Only she won't leave! Every morning I tell her, "Get the hell out!" but she just smiles and asks what's for breakfast. Can't resist the smile, dammit.

-Derek
Strumpets don't eat 'breakfast'. They lounge on the bed in a state of silken disarray, eating grapes and chocolate, drinking gin and smelling of 'Agent Provocateur' and sex.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
It's not so bad. Exspecially after the first time. You start to love airports. Its like whole nother society in there.
You know, I do like airports - AFTER all the checking-in gubbins, of course - though flying itself gets a big 'Yikes' in my book.

There's bookshops and duty free booze. All I need in life.