Sneakers

Bad Penny

Banned
Reaction score
anyone else find it schizophrenic and full of plot holes, or was I just not paying close enough attention?

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Sneakers... wow. I vaguely remember liking that movie circa ninth grade. I'm afraid I don't remember enough for an intelligent discussion, but thanks for the blast from the past.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
I enjoyed Sneakers. It had a pretty good cast: Redford, Strathairne, Mary McDonell, River Phoenix, Dan Ackroyd, Sidney Poitier, Ben Kingsley, and a small bit at the end with James Earl Jones. It had some pretty funny moments in it, like the negotiations at the end.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sneakers is one of my favourite films. I think there are plot holes and some not quite explained enough jumps, but I've always been so entertained by the whole thing that apart from a moment or two of mild distraction, I've skipped right past them!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I think Sneakers was one of the better heist movies -- not the greatest, of course, but really entertaining. And for once, the tech stuff didn't annoy me.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
My husband loves this movie and asked me to watch it with him. I actually liked it. We don't always agree on movies, but this one we did. I think he might even have it on DVD. I can't remember for sure.

Bad Penny

Banned
Reaction score
I enjoyed Sneakers. It had a pretty good cast: Redford, Strathairne, Mary McDonell, River Phoenix, Dan Ackroyd, Sidney Poitier, Ben Kingsley, and a small bit at the end with James Earl Jones. It had some pretty funny moments in it, like the negotiations at the end.

It's a notable cast alright, but at the same time a strange one. Who would have ever expected Akyroyd and Poitier to take such small and trivial roles in an ensemble piece about computer hackers? James Earl Jones was great at the end though. It was entertaining enough, I just thought the comedy and suspense didn't quite gel and alot of the tech scenes cut to the chase too much to gloss over some of the plot holes