PDA

View Full Version : Sneakers

Bad Penny
07-18-2007, 06:43 AM
anyone else find it schizophrenic and full of plot holes, or was I just not paying close enough attention?

RLB
07-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Sneakers... wow. I vaguely remember liking that movie circa ninth grade. I'm afraid I don't remember enough for an intelligent discussion, but thanks for the blast from the past.

Bad Penny
07-18-2007, 06:51 AM
When you get as old as me 1992 was 8 minutes ago

maestrowork
07-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Is that the one with Robert Redford? I don't remember much about it, but was entertained.

Foinah
07-18-2007, 06:55 AM
David Strathairne was the blind computer whiz? I remember that film...and so do I.

Bad Penny
07-18-2007, 07:03 AM
:Shrug:

Serenity
07-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I enjoyed Sneakers. It had a pretty good cast: Redford, Strathairne, Mary McDonell, River Phoenix, Dan Ackroyd, Sidney Poitier, Ben Kingsley, and a small bit at the end with James Earl Jones. It had some pretty funny moments in it, like the negotiations at the end.

auntybug
07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I think I liked it.....maybe it was my Robert Redford phase....

Older than dirt here too.

Try having a beer and watching it again.:D

Sophia
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Sneakers is one of my favourite films. I think there are plot holes and some not quite explained enough jumps, but I've always been so entertained by the whole thing that apart from a moment or two of mild distraction, I've skipped right past them!

maestrowork
07-18-2007, 05:20 PM
I think Sneakers was one of the better heist movies -- not the greatest, of course, but really entertaining. And for once, the tech stuff didn't annoy me.

Southern_girl29
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
My husband loves this movie and asked me to watch it with him. I actually liked it. We don't always agree on movies, but this one we did. I think he might even have it on DVD. I can't remember for sure.

Bad Penny
07-19-2007, 03:08 AM
I enjoyed Sneakers. It had a pretty good cast: Redford, Strathairne, Mary McDonell, River Phoenix, Dan Ackroyd, Sidney Poitier, Ben Kingsley, and a small bit at the end with James Earl Jones. It had some pretty funny moments in it, like the negotiations at the end.

It's a notable cast alright, but at the same time a strange one. Who would have ever expected Akyroyd and Poitier to take such small and trivial roles in an ensemble piece about computer hackers? James Earl Jones was great at the end though. It was entertaining enough, I just thought the comedy and suspense didn't quite gel and alot of the tech scenes cut to the chase too much to gloss over some of the plot holes