Young Indiana Jones

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
First episodes are going to hit DVD on 10/13.

Definitely looking forward to seeing these again.

I don't remember them being that good but even bad Indy is good.

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't his life saved with acupuncture at some point? I'd never heard of an emergency acupuncture procedure before....

askeladd

Polyglot
Registered
Reaction score
He had some sort of fever and there were no Western doctors, so his mother consented to acupuncture or some Chinese traditional medicine. It's been a while since I've seen that episode, so the details are a bit fuzzy.

Bad Penny

Banned
Reaction score
The two hour movies they did were pretty crappy aside from the one where Indy gets a job as a maitre D in Jazz era Chicago, and juggles 3 girllfriends. The one hour episodes were good fun. Many hated them because they were history lessons and lacked in action, but quite a few were excellent for that very reason. I loved the series. Too bad it didn't last longer

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
I'm glad they are releasing these as a promo for Indy 4. I don't remember what I posted in the other Indy thread about it now, but I do think a lot of these are better than some of the exotic action fanfare out there. The Scorpion King? Come on. Still, I don't think I'll be watching the 10 year old Indy episodes if I can afford the get these on DVD. Who has a 10 year old protaganist on a network prime time show, that's not a comedy?

I like the two hour movies, and I believe the final season of the series was never completely shown on network. I think the Family channel repackaged and showed a few. So it will be neat to see those 'lost' eps on dvd. I have some on vhs somewhere.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Never could seem to watch these when they aired.

I won't buy, but Netflix when I get around to it.

Allynegirl

Wax the Cat
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy:

I have been waiting and waiting for these to come to DVD! I had only caught maybe 2 episodes, but what I saw I liked.

:snoopy:

jedimaster107

Registered
Reaction score
HOOAAYYY!!!!!

It's about time Indy came out. I loved that show and watched every episode. I have almost all the tapes they had out. I just hope Lucas doesn't go and changed them like he did with Star wars. The tapes were turned into 2 hour movies, they just put two episodes together to make a movie :cry:

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Jedi master, I was reading on Wikipedia about when the series was officially released on VHS, significant changes were made, including reshot and extended scenes and the elimination of old Indy bookends. Don't know how true that is, but definately intriguing to see which version will end up on DVD.

Are there enough fans from the original run to be pissed at Lucas for tweaking things again? Or will most not matter and no controversy erupt? Time will tell.

I remember the show originally aired Saturdays at 8 p.m. the death slot of today, and when it wasn't on, I actually watched Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman! Hey, there were a few years there where anything remotely western was tough to find. Speaking of which, The Magnificent Seven series is available for an affordable price.

Oh, there's another stinker, how much is Lucas going to charge for these dvds?

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Given how there's a rumor of Indiana Jones 5 and 6 in the pipeline, I wonder if one of them could be a Young Indy feature film maybe featuring Shia LeBoeuf as Indy.

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
My nieces are always like Even Stevens! How many ten year olds can pronouce a name like that? I did like him in Distrubia, but he just seems to know how to play the average joe kind of guy. What's the big deal?

I used to trust Lucas' ability to pick talent. Some may say Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill were less than stellar compared to Harrison Ford, but they've moved to bigger things in different mediums. Likewise he struck gold with Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman. Even Hayden Christensan can act. I really liked Life As A House.

Man, I hope the script for Indy 4 doesn't suck. At the end of Young Indy, the dialogue on the series became so obvious. "You're so and so? Wow, I bet you'll *really* be famous someday!"

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Much as I love Lucas (forgiving those Star Wars prequels) I'm not sure how much talent-picking ability it took to cast the stars of 'Trainspotting' and 'Closer'/'Garden State', who've both put in great performance after great performance.

My nieces are always like Even Stevens! How many ten year olds can pronouce a name like that? I did like him in Distrubia, but he just seems to know how to play the average joe kind of guy. What's the big deal?

I used to trust Lucas' ability to pick talent. Some may say Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill were less than stellar compared to Harrison Ford, but they've moved to bigger things in different mediums. Likewise he struck gold with Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman. Even Hayden Christensan can act. I really liked Life As A House.

Man, I hope the script for Indy 4 doesn't suck. At the end of Young Indy, the dialogue on the series became so obvious. "You're so and so? Wow, I bet you'll *really* be famous someday!"

jedimaster107

Registered
Reaction score
With our luck, Lucas will digiually put something in the epsiodes. like he did when he brought the orginal star wars trilogy out on dvd. HE CHANGED FETT'S VOICE TO BE THAT FETT WANNA BE FROM THE CLONE MOVIE!!!! :rant: Now Fett's just....pathetic.

All i know is Lucas better put the orginal episodes as they aired on TV. None of this making chapters out them.

I check amazon.com and here is what they have:

that's that they said about it. Nothing. Here's the link for it. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005JOPV/?tag=absolutewritedm-20

check out the picture of Sean Patrick Flanery they have up. :Hail:

When are they coming out again?

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I could see a special reduced price chapter edition for schools and educational programs but not as the real dvds. Its a nice premise on paper, but so is communism. It just doesn't work in real life.

Yes, Lucas has a hinkering I think for assembling talent is perhaps the better way to say it. Then he wants to claim credit later. On my Star Wars special edition VHS tapes, there is a feature with Lucas saying something like 'special effects without a story is nothing.'

Bingo, George!

Now Jedimaster, the VHS editions on the Amazon page are billed as The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, not The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Hmm.....very intriguing how this is going to be butchered, er I mean shaped.

btw, read your profile. I watched The Island recently and was totally torn at the end. Go Sean! Go Ewan! I couldn't cast bets in that fight.

Last edited:

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Totally unrelated Ewan McGregor story...

A few years ago he did an interview on an E! show called Revealed with Jules Asner. She was talking about him doing nude scenes, and he recounted that it was only fair for a man to expose because women always are. Jules said, "Was it ever hard for you?"

(Hello! Professional reporter makes that mistake!) Ewan starts to answer, then stops and says like What? I never saw a girl turn so red before, and Ewan politely answered that during his first sex scene he did get an erection.

Since then I've always corrected people on the differences between the words hard and difficult. I generally tell my nieces to just say tough. Improper grammar can get you in trouble people!

Okay, back to Indy talk! I wonder if there will be commentaries? Does Flannery embrace or hate the Young Indy image?