Inside the Actors Studio

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I love the Actor's Studio, although Lipton (AKA around here as "the lipper") creeps me out. My all-time favorite interviews so far are Hugh Grant and Clint Eastwood.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I like the Johnny Depp one. It's great when he sits there and rolls his own cig right in front of Lipton, who apparently had never seen anyone do that before.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I love the Actor's Studio, although Lipton (AKA around here as "the lipper") creeps me out. My all-time favorite interviews so far are Hugh Grant and Clint Eastwood.

Yea, he seems a bit creepy in a hard way. I half expect him to scold the actors, or just say something mean. I feel the same way about Larry King. Creepy.

But it's great. I love that the actors are being as candid (as I hope they actually are being) as possible.

Justin91

Registered
Reaction score
Great show! I think I have seen just about every episode.

My favorite guests were Al Pacino, Sydney Pollack, Neil Simon, Holly Hunter, Christopher Walkin!!!, Willem Defoe (one of the best I think!), Charlize Theron (My dream girl!) and Martin Scorsese.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Poor Charlize. "The Lipper" was practically drooling all over her when she was on. She seems like a really decent sort(and gorgeous to boot). The Kiefer Sutherland interview was good too. I came away liking him more than I had before.

The ones who surprise me are the ones who are practically personality-free zones. Pierce Brosnan bored me to tears, and John Goodman...what a dull man.

Then there are the WTF? ones. Like J-Lo and Elton John.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a while, but the Robin Williams interview had me rolling on the floor.

Ohhh yes! Apparently a member of the audience had to be taken to hospital during the interview. The reason? He was laughing so hard he had a hernia.

Justin91

Registered
Reaction score
Poor Charlize. "The Lipper" was practically drooling all over her when she was on. She seems like a really decent sort(and gorgeous to boot).

I always liked her, but after that interview, I would have been just as giddy as Lipton was! she does actually seem really down to earth though.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoyed Austin Powers when he was on. His wife was there also, in the front row. I think she keeps him somewhat grounded.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Inside the Actors Studio is great. It’s a good way to see them in a relaxed setting, but I can do without Lipton, he bugs me. I saw Sean Penn (rough guy with little class), Matt Damon (He was funny), Barbra Streisand (acts like a Diva) and *sigh* Hugh Laurie who at that point only saw him on House and was shocked hearing his British accent.

Last edited:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love Inside The Actor's Studio. I actually have no problem at all with Lipton. I think he's a good host who asks insightful questions.

I agree there have been some that make me wonder what the heck is going on. They had Billy Joel on once, of all people. Maybe he has done soundtrack work, but they never said so (at least not that I noticed). Mind you, it was a great show, but I couldn't understand why him on that show.

Michael Douglas was one I really liked. And Donald Sutherland.