PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Actors Studio

jennifer75
07-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Does anybody watch this on Bravo? I've seen it twice now and I love it! Matt Damon and Julia Louis Dreyfus (aired last night, or a repeat?) and they both put on great interviews. Highly recommend you check it out.

http://www.bravotv.com/Inside_the_Actors_Studio/

maestrowork
07-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Well, I'd say you haven't "arrived" yet as an actor until you're invited on Actors Studio.

aadams73
07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
I love the Actor's Studio, although Lipton (AKA around here as "the lipper") creeps me out. My all-time favorite interviews so far are Hugh Grant and Clint Eastwood.

PattiTheWicked
07-17-2007, 11:53 PM
I like the Johnny Depp one. It's great when he sits there and rolls his own cig right in front of Lipton, who apparently had never seen anyone do that before.

jennifer75
07-17-2007, 11:58 PM
I love the Actor's Studio, although Lipton (AKA around here as "the lipper") creeps me out. My all-time favorite interviews so far are Hugh Grant and Clint Eastwood.

Yea, he seems a bit creepy in a hard way. I half expect him to scold the actors, or just say something mean. I feel the same way about Larry King. Creepy.

But it's great. I love that the actors are being as candid (as I hope they actually are being) as possible.

Justin91
07-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Great show! I think I have seen just about every episode.

My favorite guests were Al Pacino, Sydney Pollack, Neil Simon, Holly Hunter, Christopher Walkin!!!, Willem Defoe (one of the best I think!), Charlize Theron (My dream girl!) and Martin Scorsese.

aadams73
07-18-2007, 01:49 AM
Poor Charlize. "The Lipper" was practically drooling all over her when she was on. She seems like a really decent sort(and gorgeous to boot). The Kiefer Sutherland interview was good too. I came away liking him more than I had before.

The ones who surprise me are the ones who are practically personality-free zones. Pierce Brosnan bored me to tears, and John Goodman...what a dull man.

Then there are the WTF? ones. Like J-Lo and Elton John.

Rainy Night
07-18-2007, 01:49 AM
It's been a while, but the Robin Williams interview had me rolling on the floor.

aadams73
07-18-2007, 01:57 AM
It's been a while, but the Robin Williams interview had me rolling on the floor.

Ohhh yes! Apparently a member of the audience had to be taken to hospital during the interview. The reason? He was laughing so hard he had a hernia.

Justin91
07-18-2007, 03:06 AM

Robin williams is hard for anyone to interview! He is just all over the place. He always acts like he has had a little nose candy! But my God he is quick witted.

Justin91
07-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Poor Charlize. "The Lipper" was practically drooling all over her when she was on. She seems like a really decent sort(and gorgeous to boot).

I always liked her, but after that interview, I would have been just as giddy as Lipton was! she does actually seem really down to earth though.

jennifer75
07-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Then there are the WTF? ones. Like J-Lo and Elton John.

Alright, I loved the show until this point.

Mel
07-21-2007, 02:44 AM
Enjoyed Austin Powers when he was on. His wife was there also, in the front row. I think she keeps him somewhat grounded.

TrainofThought
07-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Inside the Actors Studio is great. It’s a good way to see them in a relaxed setting, but I can do without Lipton, he bugs me. I saw Sean Penn (rough guy with little class), Matt Damon (He was funny), Barbra Streisand (acts like a Diva) and *sigh* Hugh Laurie who at that point only saw him on House and was shocked hearing his British accent.

ChunkyC
07-24-2007, 02:42 AM
Love Inside The Actor's Studio. I actually have no problem at all with Lipton. I think he's a good host who asks insightful questions.

I agree there have been some that make me wonder what the heck is going on. They had Billy Joel on once, of all people. Maybe he has done soundtrack work, but they never said so (at least not that I noticed). Mind you, it was a great show, but I couldn't understand why him on that show.

Michael Douglas was one I really liked. And Donald Sutherland.