I got a request for a partial! WOW!

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am just ecstatic that I have had a partial request on my revamped Query letter for my first novel, Walk of Fire, and I am so excited! Sent the requested material just a little after two PM, this was to a letter sent out originally around 4 PM yesterday, I came home after shopping to a reply from this great agent I am hoping will be interested.

I just had to share that here with you, I know so many of you struggle with this agonizing porcess as much as I know I did. So I am delighted to be able to share this joy here! :D

I know she could say no still, but I'm better she's going to love it, so we'll see what happens. I sure hope she calls or emails asking for the full, I can't wait to see what she thinks of my story now that she's got the first fifty pages, cover letter and synopsis. Oh HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY! :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you gerrydodge! It IS great, I am so excited! Thanks for the validation! I knew people would be happy for me! :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you all so much, I have dreamed of this moment and it feels so good. I am bouncing in my chair! ;) :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks TIP! I sure hope that is an indicator that I did my job on the query letter. I need to post a big thank you to the people who'd helped me refine the new query. ;)

*off to the SYW thread she began for Walk of Fire*

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks SoccerMom! I see those dancing feet! :D I think I will be smiling for the next few weeks until I hear from her, I don't expect her to be replying anytime soon, so this feeling will last and hoefully help motivate me to keep on working on my other WIP's. :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Lily! I am just so happy and feel it's perfect timing, I just finished revamping it a few months ago and worked hard on the query letter posting it here on AW for feedback which I acted upon making my letter stronger. :D

Thanks for caring! :D

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS
:TheWave:

I hope the agent requests a full! You've got a great story and I wish you luck in finding an agent, editor, and getting it on the shelves ASAP!!!

:partyguy:

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you reenkam! I am so happy, words can't pin down the incredible feeling of having a request off a query you worked so hard on...I know you know the feeling from your sigy, so your kind words flatter me. Thank you so much for caring! :D

:snoopy:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is wonderful news! Yes, ride the high for as long as it takes her/him to request the full :) Then you can ride the even-higher :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Tori! Thank you MidnightMuse! It feels so good to be able to celebrate something so monumental as the first step towards landing an agent. :D You guys are the best! :D

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much Susan! I am so excited, it's definitely showing me that my work has merit and can attract the agents. IT's so awesome to be able to come here and post with all of you and not celebrate alone, thank you everyone for the supprt and well wishes. :D

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: :hooray:

Yeah!!! Very nice to hear, Pam!! I wish you the very best.

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That is beyond awesome.

Now be sure to walk around and tell people to ask you if anything interesting happened today. Then, offhandedly tell them 'oh, I just got a request for a partial on my novel' like it's no big deal. Rinse and repeat. It takes awhile to sink in.