Oliver says...

glendalough

Not so new as all that, really
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Can I have some more?

I want to see if my new avatar shows up...just don't tell my yorkie! This (if viewable) is Oliver, my new African Grey parrot! HE LOVES meatballs, but then who doesn't? LOL

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
An African Grey!!! I am so jealous!!!

BTW, is his neck really six inches long or is that just a trick of the photo???

glendalough

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
OHMYGOSH he looks great! lol I am so blessed by him, he's such a goofball! Right now he is standing on one foot and eating a piece of dried banana, holding it in his other foot. He can't talk yet but I think that once he starts, he is going to talk me into a pile. He's a yappy bird!

No, his neck is craning for a meatball in sauce. LOL

I love yorkies Azraelsbane, you need to post a pic!

glendalough

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I love yorkies! I love that photo, tooooo funny! What a cutie pie! I just cut my york's hair..I missed seeing his eyes, lol

Reigningcatsndogs, lol How many do you have? I have three dogs (lab, bernese mountain dog and a york...plus a green cheek conure, a cockatiel and Oliver the Gray. Not Gandalf. Plus fish and a lizard..ick)

He hasn't farted yet, but if he's going to fit in here...he better start! LOL Just kidding. He does make a huge mess with his food, especially peanuts..but these darn dogs clean it up as soon as it falls most of the time.

Greys are great. I would suggest anyone with a love of parrots get one.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
Reigningcatsndogs, lol How many do you have? I have three dogs (lab, bernese mountain dog and a york...plus a green cheek conure, a cockatiel and Oliver the Gray. Not Gandalf. Plus fish and a lizard..ick)

He hasn't farted yet, but if he's going to fit in here...he better start! LOL Just kidding. He does make a huge mess with his food, especially peanuts..but these darn dogs clean it up as soon as it falls most of the time.

Greys are great. I would suggest anyone with a love of parrots get one.

three weiner dogs, two cats, two cows (Herman and Howie, but everyone else calls them Ham and Burger). We used to have budgies, cockatiels, an iguana named Eugene, two more cats and a bassett hound. But we really really want a parrot. I had a sergeant who had an African Grey and he was wonderful. We hope to build a big sunrom/conservatory on the front of the house and then for sure I will have my parrot and I will name him Pajamas II.

glendalough

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Az...wow! Tell me that is a puppy! lol You look like you just woke up, lol

Reign...I say get one! You can find a decent cage, shipped, on ebay for under $100. Join a rescue now, maybe they will rehome a grey for you!

Anyone from Florida? I wonder if birds are cheaper there...as we paid good money for a lizard we could have taken straight out of our hotel room in Florida while on vacation!

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Yes, that is one of the little girls from our last litter. She was about four weeks old in that pic. She's gone to her new home already. The first one is Leia, she's 3.5 lbs and a year old. As for me... I always look like I just woke up. I wake up, grab breakfast and bring it to the comp while I type. In the evening my hubby comes home and cooks dinner, which I usually eat at the computer as well ;)

I live in Florida. Not sure how expensive birds are though. I could check it out for you if you want.

glendalough

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Wow! Do you freelance or are you working on your books all day? I was going to do other things today, but have promised myself I would stay on the pc all day today through Thursday, getting as many freelance articles out as possible. If I don't have any interest at all, I will....uh...I dunno. lol

My yorkie is probably 7 pounds. I can't imagine having one smaller but would LOVE LOVE LOVE to! Lucky you! If you ever have an extra, rolling around...and can't sell it...I will take it! lol

Oh, and if you get out to a bird store ever in your area, I'd love to know what greys go for there. They are typically $1000 and up. Don't go out and check..just if you ever run into a pet store and see one.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
I'm usually working on my books most of the day. That's my schedule right now. I have to do it while I can, because I travel a lot and train 6 hours a day most of the year. With Beijing coming up next year my sched is packed starting in September, between having people fly down to sunny Florida so that I can train them and doing my own training, I doubt I'll have any time to write. I'm trying REALLY hard to get my main WIP done by the end of August (edits and all). As you can see with my sig word count, I'm almost there.

It is driving me a bit nuts though :)

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Oliver's a cutie. And I love the way they hold things in their little feet; it's so adorable.

I've heard that grays are like children - they don't usually start talking until their second year or so. However, you then discover that they've picked up pretty much everything you've ever said to them...