Home Remedy Urgently needed!!!! HELP!!!!

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
Please do not laugh. Hubby has a bunch of business associates coming into town for a couple of days -- sort of 'career important' shit. Everything has to be perfect, we have to make the right impression (I am not good at this stuff at the best of times!!). The problem is last week I took our dog to the vet and he put her on heart meds and a new diet -- and THAT's the problem. The dog is very...odorously effervescent. I called the vet -- heart health trumps bad gas, and besides, it takes on average three to five days for the food to clear her system so even if I changed her food now it would make no difference. (The also 'don't consider a farting dog to be a medical emergency'). I can't keep her locked up because she panics and barks non-stop (not proper background noise for a dinner party). And yes, it is very bad!!!!! We're talking eye-watering here, even outside becuase she always slips under the table to be close to me.

OMG -- she always sits close to me. I just realized that! Oh crap, they will all think its me! Please or please, someone have some idea of how I can made her stop!!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm laughing anyway, but still, I feel for you. Can the dog go visiting at a sympathetic friend's or neighbor's for the day?

glendalough

Not so new as all that, really
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Don't feed her for a day. It's totally safe, just don't feed her for a day...vets suggest this as a good way to clean the dogs' system. Then, try boiled chicken and a little rice.

Also, have her eat a little something with some PARSLEY in it. Helps both ends.

Lastly, put something good smelling into the air. Boil a LOT of water with any variation of: Orange peel, apple peel or juice, cinnamon stick, cloves, mint leaves. Then turn to a very low simmer and just let it work it's magic all day.

Can you put the dog someplace away from humans?

By the way, most folks have dogs. So they all know how gasious they can be. If it comes up (or out) just mention it. lol

glendalough

Not so new as all that, really
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
PS

Look for BEANO (??) site and see if it's safe for humans. There are several non-farting meds available. Also, look up natural cures for gas.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm laughing anyway, but still, I feel for you. Can the dog go visiting at a sympathetic friend's or neighbor's for the day?
'Howdy neighbor, can I bring my stinky farting dog by for a play date because we can't stand to have her here and we're afraid she'll cost my husband her job?' They are all too busy laughing at me, and I don't know that any of them are that sympathetic. I am, however, looking for one with hayfever or a sinus infection.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can dogs take that baby bubble medicine?

Simethicone I think it is...comes with a dropper...

Ask a vet first. My kid's long past that stuff.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
she might take someone's eye out.:)

I now know I'm at a desperate point -- I think I may have to invite my mother over. The dog likes her and hangs out with her almost as much as she does with me, and since my mom is 85, no one would say anything if they thought she was the root of the problem.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you must let us know how it works out for you.

We had a German shepherd who once ate some of that Gravy Train stuff. Oh, it was nasty. She kept having explosive, smelly farts that scared her to the point she'd yelp and leap onto our bed. We finally had to just put her outside for the evening so we could sleep. (I think the poor animal was afraid she was going to poop every time she passed gas, too.)

She did recover nicely after a night. But yeah, folks know how bad dog gas is. If she has to stay, well, it might be an interesting ice-breaker. And/or you could get a great story out of it, right?

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you must let us know how it works out for you.

We had a German shepherd who once ate some of that Gravy Train stuff. Oh, it was nasty. She kept having explosive, smelly farts that scared her to the point she'd yelp and leap onto our bed. We finally had to just put her outside for the evening so we could sleep. (I think the poor animal was afraid she was going to poop every time she passed gas, too.)

:roll: LOL

She did recover nicely after a night. But yeah, folks know how bad dog gas is. If she has to stay, well, it might be an interesting ice-breaker.

Or our personal major contribution to global warming and greehouse gas emissions! Hope Al Gore isn't reading this!!!

And/or you could get a great story out of it, right?
:snoopy: -- hope this one doesn't fart!!!!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The reply I should give: What exactly is this new diet? Is she having diarrhea? Do not feed Beano to the dog without consulting your veterinarian first.

The reply I'm gonna give anyway: Dogs fart. Simply continue talking/eating/smiling as if nothing is happening, and your guests will do the same. Or, for even more fun, occasionally say "What is that? Do you smell that? What in God's name IS that?" :D

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
I keep thinking about that scene in Mona Lisa Smile where the girls are taught how to hold the proper dinner for their husband's business associates -- like THAT's going to happen here!!

She's a small dog, a yappie dog -- now when she barks, she... you know... like a freaking gattling gun:guns:

:cry: - I think she's loaded for bear!!! Perhaps I should be looking for smelly recipes as well???

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just put out a plate of that smelly cheese with some crackers.

You know the one - - smells like dog farts? I can't think of the name.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously. I would just explain the situation to them beforehand and apologize for the odor. I'm sure they would understand. Hiding it would be embarrassing. Besides, farts are funny. Of course, the stink isn't funny. Anyway, good luck.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
A willing neighbor or family member to take her for the day?

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Oh, please come back tomorrow and let us know how it went!

My two little stinkies are out in their kennel at the moment. One ate *something* very nasty - from the litter box, I think!
So cute - so stinky!

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously. I would just explain the situation to them beforehand and apologize for the odor. I'm sure they would understand. Hiding it would be embarrassing. Besides, farts are funny. Of course, the stink isn't funny. Anyway, good luck.

My husband is, to say the least,:cry: a prude. When our boys were little, if one of them 'created a foofie' in the same room as him, he would punish them. The word 'fart' is not allowed within his hearing -- seriously, the guy has some major issues about this and I have no idea why. If he thought a three-year-old boy giggling about a fluff was bad, wait till dinner time!!! I should probably check to see if his life insurance is paid up.
On the good side, it helps keep the creative juices flowing (no pun intended) to have to think of new ways to say fart.

askeladd

Polyglot
Registered
Reaction score
Have you read about "Cedric the Farting Boxer" from James Herriot? I immediately thought of that story when I read about your predicament. He tried everything to take care of the flatulating pooch, but nothing worked. They ended up giving the dog to the gardener, who had lost his sense of smell.

Sorry, I have no concrete ideas for you.

Smelly dogs are the reason why doghouses exist.