Not open for further replies.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
With the end of Jaycinth's Cookie Auction, ladies and gentlemen, the Absolute Write Auctions have reached a new milestone! With the help of our donors and our bidders, we've raised over $4000.00 so far for AW!

Thanks to all of you for the ongoing support! It couldn't have been done without YOU.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
That is fantastic! Thank you for all your help, too, OFG. It's a big job and you handle it with great efficiency and a sense of fun.

Yay, for Ol' Fashioned Girl!

Judy:hooray: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hooray: :Trophy: :Trophy::Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :hooray: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hooray:

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Thanks, but hey, all I do is sit here and goad ya'll to gimme more - which you always do! A little follow-up now and then, a plea or two for donations - which you always give! And Silver King beside me to do the accounting paperwork. Piece o' cake.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let's see . . . I bought cookies. And a rock.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you remembered which to eat and which to admire...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh. I just thought these oatmeal cookies were a little stale. Uh, oh . . . the ants are eating my display rock.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I look at the dollar amount in Jen's sig line and shake my head in wonder. We never dreamed the auctions would be such a success, especially since they got off to such a slow and halting start. Auctions #1 and #3 and #12 combined netted exactly zero dollars.

I remember the excitement of reaching the first hundred dollar mark; and our heads were positively spinning by the time we exceeded a thousand dollars. By then, folks had really taken to the auctions and gave us the belief we had struck on an effective means to help support AW.

You know we've come a long way when our new goal is to reach $5000 by November 1st, which will mark the first year anniversary of when the auctions started.

I was joking with Jen early on and mentioned she would reach ten grand one day. With the generosity displayed by AW members, that doesn't seem like such a far-fetched amount anymore. :)

Thanks to all who bid and donate goods, and a special smooch goes to our Fearless Auctioneer, who stands ten feet tall at the helm and guides us along with such ease as to make it seem effortless when we all know it takes dedication and hard work to keep the auctions afloat.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to all who bid and donate goods, and a special smooch goes to our Fearless Auctioneer, who stands ten feet tall at the helm and guides us along with such ease as to make it seem effortless when we all know it takes dedication and hard work to keep the auctions afloat.
You forgot to mention her rawhide whip and certain instruments of torture donated by Medievalist which OFG isn't afraid to use if the bids aren't high enough.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
whoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Kudos to all who haunt the auction threads! I've gotten a lot of nifty stuff. :D

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
The support for the auctions never fails to amaze, humble, and inspire me.

There are a lot of costs associated with running AW, and the boards -- and the support and generosity of all of you makes it possible.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.