Looking for Urban Fantasy/Non-classical Fantasy readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDavidPaxton

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. You can probably tell that from the unabashed neophytery.

Briefly: I'm the most serious person about publishing a novel I've ever met. I recently completed my first, the re-write is at 70,000 words, and I'm doing anything and everything I can to get the piece accepted by an agent.

I'm looking for urban fantasy/non-classical fantasy readers. Looking for harsh, scathing, mean and demeaning critiques. Or nice ones. Whatever you've got. Happy to give you as little or as many words as you want. Happy to point you to the SYW section or the forum or to e-mail you directly.

I will do ANYTHING to make my story better. Get it published. I can't assure you that I'll follow your advice but I can promise to respond and consider it to the fullest extent that my black heart will allow.

The book is entitled Ether but if you have another title, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you for considering this and also for your time. If I bother you I apologize. But not much.

It's part of that zealotry thing.

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
Is this YA or adult? what does it involve for fantasy elements? (werewolves, faeries, fey, vamps, demons, witches, etc.)

You might want to start with a few pages in the SYW forum, if you haven't already done so. You'll at least get advice on the writing style, dialogue, and other elements in whatever you post, although if you want an opinion of the plot, it might help to post a synopsis or a few sentences of what Ether is about.

Just MHO.

Btw, you're in the right place to get advice :)

JohnDavidPaxton

Registered
Reaction score
Is this YA or adult? what does it involve for fantasy elements? (werewolves, faeries, fey, vamps, demons, witches, etc.)

You might want to start with a few pages in the SYW forum, if you haven't already done so. You'll at least get advice on the writing style, dialogue, and other elements in whatever you post, although if you want an opinion of the plot, it might help to post a synopsis or a few sentences of what Ether is about.

Just MHO.

Btw, you're in the right place to get advice :)

Thank you. All pertinent questions.

Adult. Thriller. Mystery. Closed Urban-Fantasy.

I have started the first chapter, or 5,000 words, in SYW. I intend to do the rest.

What fantasy elements? In this book? Magic. It's the typical opening fish out of water OMG POWERZ story.

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
There is a section for requesting beta readers ;)

My advice - stick your first few pages (or first few paragraphs, at least) on these forums for critique.

And I'm an urban fantasy addict who has run out of reading material, so if you don't mind a blindfolded Ninja Bunny with a tendency for talking too much diving into your work, toss it my way! I'm not picky about the flavor of creatures so long as the story is good. I'll take a good ol' familiar werewolf/vampire/wizardry story, or a more exotic fae/demon/insert-other-thing-here story. I can't help you correct nit picky things like grammar or spelling (unless it's obvious), but I can help with the bigger picture and I won't hesitate to tell you if it bores me to tears or makes my head hurt.

Gratz on getting finished, and I hope one of us can help you do the last bits of cleanup to get your work published :)

Status
Not open for further replies.