Friday the 13th 3-D

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone here a big horror buff? I don't mean the mystery/thriller type...I mean the slasher stuff?

Anyways, if you have or havent' seen Friday the 13th Part 3-D you've missed a pretty decent film. Although the DVD isn't in 3-D it's still good.

Anyways, there is an alternate ending where Ali comes back and he and Chris (female) leave. Now---there's also a scene where Jason chops off Chris' head (but was cut to avoid an X rating)

Let's petition Paramount to get that version on DVD :)

Some of my favorite lines:

"Be a man, man"

Vera: "What's in your box?"
Shelly: "My whole world."

Where Vera gets the harpoon through the eye..she says, "Who are you?"

"It's you"--Chris

Last edited:

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't care for the first 35 Friday the 13th movies, so I'll probably skip this one too. :)

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I used to love the Friday the 13th movies. I saw Part III at a friend's house on cable (back when cable was something truly special). I've seen it since then, and kind of view them differently now than I used to. I guess I can see them now for their inherent cheesiness, but I enjoy the nostalgiac feel they offer me.

I can't recall III's story all that well, but I remember the 3D effects: a yo-yo coming to the camera, a guy holding a long pole? and waving it to the camera, Jason squeezing a guy's head (but I think the head popping part was cut to avoid that heavier rating).

I thought Jason X was a lot of fun, and Freddy versus Jason was awesome ("Dude, that goalie was pissed about something!"). And I think I saw Jason Goes to Hell in the theater, I later bought the director's cut on VHS.

Part VII, The New Blood (the one with the psychic girl) was supposed to have been much more violent and gory, according the alternate versions on imdb. I haven't seen this version for sale anywhere, and would surely buy it if it was.

allen

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I wish they would put out a directors cut of this film..but is highly unlikely...there are better movies than this one.. Just saying :)

SatinDoll

I love horror movies!My brother has loads of them,including the Friday the 13th dvd collection,and the Terror on Elm Street ones.They're not scary,but they're good fun.