My Masters

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished the last part of my comprehensive exam for my masters in Lit. The last part of the exam was to write a formal paper on Longfellow's Snow-flake. The other two parts were on theme--regarding Wole Soyinka's Death of the King's Horseman, and then using three texts to discuss "simple alterity" in the context of Freud's notions about hetero- and homosexuality. If I didn't pass I have to do the whole ball of wax again in October. In the meantime--Wild Turkey tonight!

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, jhtatroe! The proctor said no longer than two weeks, but some of my colleagues said it can be done in four days. I'm sitting on eggs sort of, but the last few days were so intense, tonight I don't give a damn.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
That is not in my future, veinglory. I only did this for the dough. I'm a teacher. Nope, my ambition has to do with writing fiction not trying to sound smart about writing about fiction. I written my last sentence with the word paradigm in it!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Big congrats, gerrydodge! Hope you pass with flying colors!

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Hope you get good news fast. Congrats on the hard work.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, fingers crossed for you here, too. Well done, hope you're through and flying! And have a great weekend.

Last edited: