I survived!!!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
My MIL just left. No more pretending to be a nice little wifey who cooks and cleans and just luuuuvs to do the dishes after she gets home from a long day at work. No more smiling and saying "Oh?" when she disagrees with everything I say. No more trying to keep a straight face when hearing about how wonderful and polite and incredibly civilized her son is...while thinking, honey, I could tell you things that would shock the hell out of you.
(she'd probably just blame me anyway. she might even be right.)

My writing space is my own again. Woohoo!! I made it! :e2thud:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When are you going to give us grandchildren?

I always make the bed with "hospital corners". Let me show you how.

You should use another brand of laundry detergent.

You should always clean under things . . . not just around them, dear.

You spend a lot of time on your hair when you could be helping Sonny to relax.

Oh, is that your idea of a cake? Well, it's very nice.

It's so hard to make a good cup of coffee. Not everyone has the knack.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
When I'm sure you won't be around to mess with their little heads.

I just put people in the hospital. It's easier and more fun. Let me show you how...

I had Downy, but that all went in your tea this morning.

When did I clean around them?

I thought I'd wait till you were asleep before I did that, actually.

I'm glad you like it. It's the fruitcake you mailed us in 2001.

That's shampoo.

...Man, that felt great. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When Harold and I were just starting out I ran the household on $8 a month . . . and saved enough to buy Harold the bass boat he'd always wanted.

Perhaps you should be a little more frugal, dear. Remember, you don't have to have the best of everything. You're not the Queen of Sheba . . . no matter how much you might think so.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Ooooo, this sounds like fun...

I'm concerned about the physical strain of being a pallbearer at your funeral jeopardizing a pregnancy. As soon as that risk has passed, we'll get right on it.
(For the record, my in-laws DO ask us that -- when they're speaking to us, which right now, they're not -- even after almost 4years of infertility and 2 miscarriages)

Yes, you might want to get used to all sorts of "hospital" things...

True. This detergent just doesn't get the smell of death and decay out of your clothes.

Okay fine. Get off your ass so I can clean up under you. And sit on a coaster next time; you're leaving rings on my furniture.

Fair enough. Would you mind holding my hair back while I give him a BJ?

I made it from one of your recipes. Guess it's back to Duncan Hines for me.

I know, but I'm trying. Just trust me on this, after a few cups, you won't even notice the taste of bitter almonds...

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Okay fine. Get off your ass so I can clean up under you. And sit on a coaster next time; you're leaving rings on my furniture.

:ROFL: :roll:

Yep, I get the baby question too - though she mostly just squinches up like a dessicated prune when one of us says something about not being ready. And talks about the family legacy, which her only child is bound to carry on...really, she actually said that. I feel like I wandered into some dynastic medieval soap opera.

:happy sigh: It's so beautifully quiet here right now.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't mean to be critical, dear. I know you're trying as hard as you can. I know it's hard going from being a slutty gold-digger to being a wife. It's not like you can help not being good enough for my son . . . what with your family.

Please though, try not to end up on the Jerry Springer Show.

Sincerely,
Mom

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
:ROFL: :roll:

Yep, I get the baby question too - though she mostly just squinches up like a dessicated prune when one of us says something about not being ready. And talks about the family legacy, which her only child is bound to carry on...really, she actually said that. I feel like I wandered into some dynastic medieval soap opera.

:happy sigh: It's so beautifully quiet here right now.

My in-laws already have two grandkids, one of whom lives with them. But they want a grandDAUGHTER, and the pressure is on us. *rolls eyes* I'm so not kidding you -- less than 6 months after my last miscarriage, MIL called me (for the first time since before I miscarried) and said, "Oh, I'm so glad to hear you're working out and getting healthy so that when (DH) gets home from deployment you guys can give Grandma the granddaughter she so desperately wants!" Ugh.

In my next life, I'm marrying an orphan.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When we were married for about three years with no kids (took us eight years to get pregnant) my husband's grandmother told me during a Christmas dinner what worked for her. (The subject was not on anywhere on the table, either!) She just suddenly turned to me and said, "Hon, you need to climb on top! That's what worked for me--I didn't get pregnant until I tried that, and it took only once!"

Ain't the in-laws grand?

Glad you survived them. Did your hubby regress to being their wittle boy while they were around?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
less than 6 months after my last miscarriage, MIL called me (for the first time since before I miscarried) and said, "Oh, I'm so glad to hear you're working out and getting healthy so that when (DH) gets home from deployment you guys can give Grandma the granddaughter she so desperately wants"

Ok, you just gave me some perspective on my MIL.....that's absolutely horrible. That woman needs to be dumped in the nearest septic tank and welded in there. At least mine tries to be subtle about it.

And ya gotta wonder...do they really think, after treating their son's wives like this, that they would be allowed to have contact with any possible grandchildren? I'd be more likely to feed my hypothetical child to piranhas.

It's not like you can help not being good enough for my son . . . what with your family.
Your sympathy is appreciated. I guess I'll just have to keep trying to win him over with sex, then. Could you excuse us?

I think I'm agonna have to go out on the town tonight to celebrate being MIL-free.....truffletinis, here I come. :D

Last edited:

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Did your hubby regress to being their wittle boy while they were around?

Holy crap, did he ever. It was thoroughly alarming. Nobody warned me that they did that. It should have been somewhere in the vows, or something.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're right! It should be somewhere, in there. But I can tell you they can't promise not to do it--it just happens.

I didn't mind it so much until after we had kids--we'd go visit his parents, and he'd be sitting there still being one of the kids, whilst I had to go chasing after ours. I'm lucky I'm married to a man who is responsive to my rants (!) and is self-aware enough that he was able to see his behavior.

You deserve some el primo pampering by your hubby, after putting up with his mommy! I hope he knows that!

althrasher

Prodigal Muser
Registered
Reaction score
You're all giving a cynical college student more and more reasons not to get married. :Clap:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Wow, my sympathy to all with horrible MIL's! Mine actually goes the other way... she's very nice, but she and the FIL are both really DOWN on my hubby. The first time I met them, they actually sat me down and asked me, very seriously, exactly WHY I wanted to date their son???

And they wonder why he had issues with depression. Well, he doesn't any more, now that we moved 10 hours away!

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
:ROFL:

Congrats on your survival!

I just escaped my inlaws when my husband came down with a stomach thing in the wee hours this morning. So, I'm suddenly footloose and fancy free, myself. Inlaws can be brutal. Enjoy!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
My in-laws recently visited from Florida. A few days after they returned home, they found a house to buy. 3 blocks away from us.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
My PAL refused to meet me and disinherited their only son, in favour of his kids from a previous marriage.

A few months ago my MIL deigned to meet me for the very first time - after bad-mouthing me behind my back for 17 years.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
My MIL just left. No more pretending to be a nice little wifey who cooks and cleans and just luuuuvs to do the dishes after she gets home from a long day at work. No more smiling and saying "Oh?" when she disagrees with everything I say. No more trying to keep a straight face when hearing about how wonderful and polite and incredibly civilized her son is...while thinking, honey, I could tell you things that would shock the hell out of you.
(she'd probably just blame me anyway. she might even be right.)

My writing space is my own again. Woohoo!! I made it! :e2thud:

Do what I do and ignore her. Literally. She speaks and I don't react.

It works fine. ;)

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
You're all giving a cynical college student more and more reasons not to get married. :Clap:

Just marry an orphan.

My in-laws are one of the primary reasons my husband and I asked for orders (Navy) to Norfolk, VA, which is 3,000 miles away from where we were currently stationed (near Seattle...my hometown, where both of our folks live). They are EVIL. Right now they're not talking to us though -- YAY!!!