Some good news and some not so good

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
Well, let’s see . . . some good news and some not so good. I’m stalled on my third novel, so I wrote a few short stories. Was going to submit to Amazon Shorts, then decided to submit to Alfred Hitchcock magazine. I haven’t heard anything but it’s only been a month and they say on their site that it could take up to eight months. I wrote another and did submit to Amazon, and one more will be published in November’s edition of The Talking Stick, a MN literary journal.

And, I was interviewed for the July issue of Wow-Women on Writing. That was amazing.

http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com/11-20questions.html

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
Hi Saundra! Thanks. Have you heard anything more about Luke?

And Sury, what an attention-getter title for your book. I can understand the confusion you had about the language. The difference between proper English and Americanized English is something my friends and I have laughed about for years. Even in different parts of this country, certain words mean different things.

Years ago during my first visit to my former mother in law in the Midwest, I so desperately wanted her to like me, but she said things like, “Put your clothes in the press,” or “close the register.” I know I looked blank and she must have thought her son married someone not very bright. BTW, the ‘press’ was the closet and the ‘register’ was the heater vent.

To callalily and britlitfantw, thanks!

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Brenda, how lovely. Nice to know it can flow from one source when the other is making you grit your teeth and throw things at the cat.

You inspire me.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's great, Brenda. You go, girl! P.S. Don't think about the no-so-good stuff, only the good stuff. :)

jenfreedom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.growingagreenfamily.com
Well, let’s see . . . some good news and some not so good. I’m stalled on my third novel, so I wrote a few short stories. Was going to submit to Amazon Shorts, then decided to submit to Alfred Hitchcock magazine. I haven’t heard anything but it’s only been a month and they say on their site that it could take up to eight months. I wrote another and did submit to Amazon, and one more will be published in November’s edition of The Talking Stick, a MN literary journal.

And, I was interviewed for the July issue of Wow-Women on Writing. That was amazing.

I love Wow; congrats.
~ Jennifer

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations, Brenda; the interview's awesome! And thanks for introducing me to Women on Writing. :)

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
What a smart use of your time! I'll have to remember to keep writing *something* even if a big project stalls. Congrats!

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
My God, Susie. Ten to fifteen fillers a week? How on earth do you manage that? I’m in awe.

jenfreedom, atthebeach, and Pat, thanks. I love WoW too. The owners/editors are young, beautiful, slim, and so very nice. And they’re also excellent writers. Did I mention they’re beautiful, slim, AND talented??? Makes me want to jump off the bridge.

MeowGirl, my goal is the same as yours, except where you want to be comfortable, I want it all. Lots of money to finally live where and the way I want, and I want the fame and glory. I’m practicing being gracious, ya know, trying to perfect that slight twist of the hand in the royal wave.

*Sigh* What would we do if we didn’t have our dreams . . .