finished!

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished my current WIP!!! :)

I don't know why I'm so excited this time...but I feel like this book has been through a lot during the writing. And I really like my revision plans, so I'm hoping for a great product in the end.

Now...on to the edits!

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
That's excellent, congrats. Put up your feet (if only for a minute) and treat yourself to something indulgent. You've earned it!

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
thanks everyone!

i'm finding that this editing is a lot harder than the actually writing...(I'm deleting a major plot line)

*sigh*

Ziljon

Tortilla di Patate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daviddepalo.com
Many congratulations!

Did you stand up quickly, knocking the chair down behind you, lift both fists to the sky, shout "Yesssss!" then place your hands on your lower-back, bend stiffly, and sit back down to begin editing?

or

Did you fix yourself a bologna sandwich with an extra slice of cheese?

Really, what did you do?

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
Many congratulations!

Did you stand up quickly, knocking the chair down behind you, lift both fists to the sky, shout "Yesssss!" then place your hands on your lower-back, bend stiffly, and sit back down to begin editing?

or

Did you fix yourself a bologna sandwich with an extra slice of cheese?

Really, what did you do?

I turned to my younger sister and said,

"I finished my book!"

And she looked at me and said, "OK."

I love the support she gives me... :tongue

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Reenkam!! I have five WIP's right now and I still haven't finished a single one. (Mind you I started one WIP three years ago.) So as everyone else is saying...you've already accomplished something big.

britlitfantw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vlawinning.ca
That's awesome!! I think it's so cool that you have a revision plan all worked out. Do you have it written down or just in your head? How much detail does it go into? (Yes, I like revising.)

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Way to go!!! How does it feel finishing such a big project? Break out the champagne. You deserve it!

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
It's a great feeling, isn't it? I cried when I finished mine. Way to go and congratulations.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome!! I think it's so cool that you have a revision plan all worked out. Do you have it written down or just in your head? How much detail does it go into? (Yes, I like revising.)

Some is written down...some's posted here, some's in my head. It's not detailed in that I know exactly where things need to be changed, but I know what needs to be removed, so I'm typing everything over and deleting the unneeded sentences and fixing everything else along the way. This is definitely the biggest revision I've ever done on anything in my life...

And thanks everyone! :) It's definitely a good feeling. I really wanted to take off from work today to keep working on it, but I don't think they would have liked that very much... *sigh*

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Whoo hoo! You need to give yourself a reward, if you haven't yet.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score

And nope, I haven't rewarded myself yet...any suggestions?

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Can I just say how extremely jealous I am of you! Man, right now the thought of being finished my WIP seems almost impossible, so serious congrats in completing yours!

Rewards? Well alcohol or a movie or chocolate (or all three), those are always my favs . . .!

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
Rewards? Well alcohol or a movie or chocolate (or all three), those are always my favs . . .!

Hmm...I'm only 19, so the alcohol's kind of out...I don't like chocolate so much (aahhh, don't kill me! :flag: ) But movie sounds like a good time...

OFF TO WATCH A MOVIE!!!

which actually is kind of exciting cause I haven't seen one in a while...except HP (which was amazing...but I'll save that excitement for another thread :tongue )

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for Reenkam! :snoopy: I hope you're enjoying your movie-reward, you totally deserve it! Finishing a WIP is a big accomplishment. :Thumbs: