PDA

View Full Version : Another free flash fiction contest

TwistedDilettante
07-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Just wanted to share...

Third Annual InnermoonLit Award for Best Short-Short Story - 500 words max., no entry fee, $100 for first place and $50 for second, deadline is September 1, submit electronically, open to all genres

Can't get my link button to work, but here's the URL:
http://www.brianagincourtmassey.com/contests.html

Cath
07-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Cool! Thanks for posting this one. :)

dobiwon
07-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Am I reading this contest right? The winning entries will win money, but will not be published. All rights remain with the author. Bragging rights only?

TwistedDilettante
07-13-2007, 12:26 AM
You are correct, dobiwon. No publication or rights purchased, just something nice to add to the winners' bios and bank accounts.

jvc
07-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks for posting this, TD :) .

Cygnea
08-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Wow, I'm so late in seeing this. I'll give it a look.

birdfeeder
08-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the post!

benbradley
08-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Am I reading this contest right? The winning entries will win money, but will not be published. All rights remain with the author. Bragging rights only?

A couple quotes from the website:
The name of these contests, "InnermoonLit," derives from Allen Ginsberg's famous
admonition to: "Follow your inner moonlight; Don't hide the madness. You say what you
want to say when you don't care who's listening."

"In the interest of fairness,
please submit anonymously."

If I submit using my real name, would they think they were getting an entry from the retired editor of the Washington Post? Or more seriously... isn't an unpublished author pretty darn anonymous, and can't I send froma 'real' email address of, say, benbradley@myisp.com and be considered an anonymous entry?

Wow, I'm so late in seeing this. I'll give it a look.

Thanks for bumping, the Sept. 1 deadline looms, and I'm sure it will just fly by...