Colleen McCullough

Justin91

Registered
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the Masters of Rome series written by Colleen McCullough. I have read the series several times. I have tried to read other historical novels about the Roman Republic since, but everything else seems bland and poorly written.

Any other fans of the masters of Rome series?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Of that series, I've only read Caesar's Women. But my all-time favorite book is The Thorn Birds. She's an amazing writer and it's a shame she is now blind.

Ned George

Registered
Reaction score
Rome Series

Yes, I've read them through about three times each. Wonderful stuff! The last was my favorite; I fell in love with all of her characters progressively, and since Octavian was the most enigmatic, of course I'd love to read more. I almost cried when she said she was done with it after Caesar's death. I mean, isn't it just getting started?

The research this author has done had to have been alarmingly tedious. I'm sure it's so hard, but how can she stop now? Maybe they just aren't selling that well?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
The Thorn Birds is one of my favourite all-time novels. I would also describe it as the type of book I aspire to write, or already write - big, lush, multi-generational, lifetime-spanning, where the country is a character; and of course a great love story.