PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Normally I'm not a cartoon watcher, other than the occasional episode of Fairly Oddparents, but I am totally hooked on Avatar.

As if it wasn't cool enough that the story is a neat mix of eastern mysticism and mythology blended with a Tale of Three Friends, it's also got really cool guest voices like Jason Isaacs and Clancy Brown in there.

Anyone else watch this?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guilty. My son has a stuffed lemur named Momo.

And sometimes I watch it when the kids aren't home. :Ssh:

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
excellent show - we've got the first season boxed set and am anxiously waiting for the second...

it's a darned good show for kids and adults - and if you check the credits, there's actual martial artists credited for creating the movements.

double bonus points!

:D

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's the best cartoon to be made, as far as I'm concerned...

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
My kids watch it all the time on TV and YouTube. I haven't logged any time with it, though. I don't want to get hooked.

Ab_Normal

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, this is a good one.

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
A friend brought over season one, sat me down, made me watch it. Hooked. Shamelessly. I won't say it's the best cartoon I've ever watched, but maybe #3, after Gargoyles and Fullmetal Alchemist. (The quibble I have with it is that sometimes things are resolved a little too simplistically.)

I went to buy season 2 this weekend and it was $89!!!! *coughs* For five disks!

Anyone know a cheaper place to buy it than Best Buy retail?

Writer14

Christina.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
A friend brought over season one, sat me down, made me watch it. Hooked. Shamelessly. I won't say it's the best cartoon I've ever watched, but maybe #3, after Gargoyles and Fullmetal Alchemist. (The quibble I have with it is that sometimes things are resolved a little too simplistically.)

I loveeee Fullmetal Alchemist. Favorite show =]
Anyway, I need to buy the first two seasons of Avatar. I've missed so much of it, i'm really behind.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com

Best Buy actually had it on sale for $45 - even with the 89 label it was different at the cash... might want to go back and see if the sale is still on - got ours on Saturday!

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com

Jason Isaacs plays Lucius Malfoy in the HP series, and was Captain Hook in the most recent incarnation of Peter Pan. He's on my Short List of celebrities I'm allowed to leave my husband for.

Clancy Brown is a brilliant character actor who appears in damn near everything, including The Shawshank Redemption, the series Earth 2, and the original Highlander movie.

Avatar has some really cool people doing guest voices.

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Sheryl -- it's possible it was on sale, the DVD section was a mess there. It was tucked in with the anime, which probably wasn't where it was supposed to be on the shelf ... Alas, I spent my DVD money this month on other things. I'll probably get it from Netflix.

Anyone know if season 3 eps can be downloaded legally anywhere? I don't have satellite or cable TV. (I've found it cheaper just to pay for the TV episodes that I want off I-tunes or whatever, or wait and get 'em from Netflix.)

-- Leva

Best Buy actually had it on sale for $45 - even with the 89 label it was different at the cash... might want to go back and see if the sale is still on - got ours on Saturday!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like it, but I'm hooked on The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Camp Lazlo also has its merits, as does Foster's Home and My Gym Partner is a Monkey.

All of these are popular choices at my house.