Do you groom yourself like an ape?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I don't believe I'm a descendant of an ape but maybe some of you are. I'm pretty sure some people I work with are. I work on computers remotely all day and sometimes someone else needs to use my workstation to do something with one of their clients. Everyone without exception sits there while they are working putting their hands all over their face, mouth, ears, beard, hair etc. It isn't just once either it's almost continually. Really, really gross. Especially when their fixation drifts to my pen or some other object that they must pick up and rub their spit, boogers and ear wax on. Is it just where I work or is everyone on earth like this other than me?

Last edited:

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've never believed in the theory of evolution. I don't believe I'm a descendant of an ape but maybe some of you are. I'm pretty sure some people I work with are.
So you think that you are made in God's image, but people you don't like are lowly apes?

Wow. Just... WOW!

I'm not offended, but I'm embarrassed for you.

And you don't groom yourself? Really? ICK.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I'm guilty. I twirl a lock of hair around my finger when I am not typing. However, if anyone else uses my desk....I wipe it down with a 'bleach' towel, spray it with Lysol, and take apart the phone and spray that too.

I hide my pens.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I've never believed in the theory of evolution. I don't believe I'm a descendant of an ape but maybe some of you are. I'm pretty sure some people I work with are. I work on computers remotely

And yet in another thread you were bragging about your greasy farts. Yeah, you're descended from an animal all right, but it's not an ape.

Oink.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm big into personal hygiene, but I don't - like - wipe boogers around or anything.

Okay, sure, I can admit to using my PDA stylus to scratch the inside of my ear - they itch frequently.

But no one ELSE uses my stuff !

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
So you think that you are made in God's image, but people you don't like are lowly apes?

Wow. Just... WOW!

I'm not offended, but I'm embarrassed for you.

And you don't groom yourself? Really? ICK.

I never said I didn't like them I just find the constant grooming really weird.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I'm guilty. I twirl a lock of hair around my finger when I am not typing. However, if anyone else uses my desk....I wipe it down with a 'bleach' towel, spray it with Lysol, and take apart the phone and spray that too.

I hide my pens.

:) My daughter has the hair twirling thing down.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
And yet in another thread you were bragging about your greasy farts. Yeah, you're descended from an animal all right, but it's not an ape.

Oink.

Greasy farts? You must be thinking of someone else.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've never believed in the theory of evolution. I don't believe I'm a descendant of an ape but maybe some of you are.
The Theory of Evolution says no such thing. Perhaps you should understand something before you refuse to believe it.

That said, I'm a Silverback and proud of it. They get all the women, don't you know?

I also write fiction...

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
The Theory of Evolution says no such thing. Perhaps you should understand something before you refuse to believe it.

It's not my theory. As presented in school apes were there. I didn't teach the class nor write the textbook. Even without the apes it's laughable.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I've removed the reference to the theory of evolution in the OP so that it doesn't become the focus of the thread. I really just want to know if everyone picks at themselves like monkeys/apes.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I really just want to know if everyone picks at themselves like monkeys/apes.
More like an ape than a monkey. But yes I tend to twiddle hair, scratch, pull earlobes and generally fidget when I'm working.

There are two possible explanations that I can see.

Either it's because I'm not, by nature, a deskist and these fidgetings are me yearning to be free of this tie-shaped noose.
Or, it's because we get free coffee which makes me twitch after a dozen cups or so.

davids

Banned
Reaction score

That said, I'm a Silverback and proud of it. They get all the women, don't you know?

I also write fiction...

Me silber back Pappa-descended from long line of apes and proud of it-farting is such sweet sorrow!

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Or, it's because we get free coffee which makes me twitch after a dozen cups or so.

I so miss my coffee. I used to drink 16 ounce cups all day and I like it hot so it'd have to be quick. :)

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
farting is such sweet sorrow!

Anyone ever told you that you're a genius, Dave? :D Well, there... someone just did. Excuse me, it's difficult to type from the floor... :)

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Either it's because I'm not, by nature, a deskist and these fidgetings are me yearning to be free of this tie-shaped noose.

Too true. I'm already twitching...

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
I so miss my coffee. I used to drink 16 ounce cups all day and I like it hot so it'd have to be quick. :)

What tragedy has rendered you coffee-less? Ack! I couldn't live without the stuff... :D