:)

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
LALALALALA

Imax on Friday night.

LALALALA

Saw at least 3 wizards/witches last night as Transformers let out. The youngest witch was about 40.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I hate you all.

I'm not going until next week, in vain hope of avoiding some of those annoying, yappy, little short people.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Of course I'm planning to see the movie, what do you take me for :D . I just haven't got around to reading all the books yet, so much reading to catch up on and not enough time to do it.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to see it tonight.

:::happy dance:::

Ab_Normal

Registered
Reaction score
My daughter was so disappointed in the previous movie that I asked her if she wanted to see this one. "Well, yes, Mom," was her response, "but I'm still going to complain about it afterward." (This is what you get when nerds reproduce, I suppose. :D ) We'll probably go Sunday morning -- it's after payday, and maybe everybody else will be at church.

Norma

Last edited:

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Seeing it tonight!! So excited.

Oddly for some reason Rupert Grint was in town this afternoon. I guess Toronto is the movie city (seriously, we get all these previews etc cause for some reason we just LOVE going to movies here, and of course we have the film festival), still, I thought it was a bit weird.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
::Slowly raises hand:: I haven't read the book either. I read the first HP, said, "Eh, that was okay, but I bet it would make a much better movie." Year or two later, it was a movie, and I thought, "Oh good, let's just do this." I like HP mainly for the monsters/creatures and the visuals, so seeing it in the theatre is a good way to go as far as I'm concerned. I'd never read the series even if it wasn't on film, so I don't consider myself to be breaking some sort of taboo. Although in general, books are usually better than "the movie."

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
We're going this weekend to see it at an IMAX Theater. I'm taking my four-year-old. She's going to love it, and she's super excited about seeing it. I just can't wait. We're going to be in Harry Potter overload for the next few weeks with the book coming out, too.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Seeing it tonight!! So excited.

Oddly for some reason Rupert Grint was in town this afternoon. I guess Toronto is the movie city (seriously, we get all these previews etc cause for some reason we just LOVE going to movies here, and of course we have the film festival), still, I thought it was a bit weird.

Rupert Grint...was...in....your....town. *swoons*

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I saw it last night. Not bad. My favorite movie of the summer remains Transformers, but there was a lot about this movie to like.

My favorite scene was, probably, the scene that should have been my favorite scene (kudos to the f/x department for living up to it): when the order gets its ass whooped, and the elite, original order shows up to show them how it's done. In a flick of an eye it shows that good can be as bad-ass as bad, and how very much more the kids have to learn in the ways of wizard war.

Also, I was as pissed off at the *significant death* in the film as I was in the book. What a stupid, anticlimatic, lame way to go.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the midnight showing! It was frikking awesome! <333

MMcC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maureenmccarrie.blogspot.com
Had a blast last night (this morning). The midnight showing is a tradition now.

I was so annoyed with all the dipwad adults who were muttering about it "not being as funny" and "much darker" on the way out. People who refuse to be responsible about what they drag their too-young children to see should be beaten with a Mega-Gulp bucket... still full of soupy, watered down Mountain Dew!

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
'Kay, y'all, now I have to see it tonight. Darn it, and here I was expecting to actually get some writing done tonight instead of wasting hours playing tower defense.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Had a blast last night (this morning). The midnight showing is a tradition now.

I was so annoyed with all the dipwad adults who were muttering about it "not being as funny" and "much darker" on the way out. People who refuse to be responsible about what they drag their too-young children to see should be beaten with a Mega-Gulp bucket... still full of soupy, watered down Mountain Dew!

Well, most people would probably think my four-year-old is too young to see it, but she knows what's going to happen. I haven't read the book to her, but I've told her about it. She's prepared for it. I'm expecting it to be darker than the others. I still say she's going to love it, no matter what.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I don't think I'd take a 4-year-old to see this. Between the self-mutilation, the on-screen sex scene, and the bloody gore and violence... it's no kid's movie.