• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need beta reader(s) for first five chapters of WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen_D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdopson.com
I actually have a few projects I'm working on, but the one I really care about it roughly (at the time of typing this) only about 27,000 words.

I've been told that as a concept, it's a good story. But these types of stories fail to get any attention.

I believe that the first five chapters really give a pretty good insight into the entire story. With the exception of the climax, which I personally feel has an interesting little twist, or two.

I don't want to spend yet another year (after already having spent nearly two on it already) working on it, if it's going to turn out to be a waste of time.

I have other stories, which are/will be easier and more fun to write. The one I need a reader/readers for is kind of personal, and sometimes difficult to keep going.

The five chapters come out to roughly 13,800 words. I'm not worried about spelling and grammar, though critters are welcome to have at those as well. I'm looking mostly at flow, and interest (read: whether it's salable or not). Not completely sure of the genre yet.

The story is, very basically, about a seventeen year old girl with a rare medical condition. She's been physically and mentally abused by teachers and classmates for a number of years. There are some family issues as well. She tries to make a new, better life for herself, but finds herself in yet another bad situation.
And that's all I can say about that.

Not as dramatic as it first sounds, way scarier then you image by the time the climax comes around.

And of course there's a really clever and simple resolution.

Anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.