I'm in Publisher's Weekly!

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm starting to feel like this is for real now. Because this just showed up:

10 July, 2007
s.gif
s.gif
Fiction:
Women's/Romance Jill Myles's SEX STARVED, the humorous adventures of a newly-fledged succubus as she copes with her new "life," the need for sex, and the dangerous vampire and sexy angel she's torn between; and SEX DRIVE, featuring a succubus road trip to New Orleans, to Micki Nuding at Pocket, by Carolyn Grayson at Ashley Grayson Literary Agency.

Exciting stuff!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :Sun:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Soooooo happy for you! It is real. Pinch yourself. Now do it again. Again. :D Okay, that last one was just for my entertainment. Bad Mommy.

But seriously, celebrate!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
That is simply the most awesomest news! Your books sound exciting. Congratulations!!!!!

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm pretty excited. It's a long way until publication date (Fall 2008) but it's starting to feel real, and I'm giddy with delight. :)

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
Can't wait to read them! Congrats!!

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Wow! I missed all the excitement!! That is really exciting and encouraging to me personally since you've been working with your agent for so long and through some ups and downs etc. etc. etc. But finally it all pays off!!! Yea!!! I am way, WAY happy for you! I have to hurry to your blog now.;)

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah. We went through a period where NOBODY wanted to look at mine because paranormal was a tight market. Either I hit the right editor, or there's room in the market again.

And yes - 16 months on submission. I think the editor that bought it had the ms for 7 months. So it can still happen.

(Mind you, I wouldn't have minded the intense burning love after 1 week of submission, but I'll take slow love. :) )