AW is my Blog...I shall not want

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
I made this comment as a kind of joke to a friend today, but then I realized it's true.

I have an actual blog, but have thus far gotten about three comments in a month. And I haven't actually posted anything to it in a month.

Whereas, on AW, anything I write might draw a bunch of literate, humorous, insightful and poignant comments (or else be hijacked utterly).

So now, whenever I think I have something I need to see in print, my first choice is AW (no, actually, a paid column or essay would be first).

Anyone else feel this way?

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: I don't have reliable time for a blog.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Hadn't ever considered it, actually. I don't blog and there's only a couple or three I visit semi-regularly... I guess you're right! If I have something to say - worthwhile or no - I say it here.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been meaning to get a new blog going, since I practically forgot about my original. But it's so much easier to blither nothingness here.

and the occasionally helpful post.

Yeah.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
Im not witty enough to have my own blog. So I post here just to watch people make an ass out of me :D

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a blog because I'm really not all that excited about who I am, nor do I expect others to flock to my daily drivel and hang on my every keystroke.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
No blog here, either. Too busy using my written words elsewhere, I suppose. Here, school papers and my novel. That's all I care about, anyhoo.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All that Trackback, linky-loo stuff makes my brain hurt.

(Although - if you'd like to see some good music vid - check my sig/blog)

Ahem. Yes. Now where were we?

You get most of it people. And yet - I do find time to uh... write politically in other venues.

(IT'S ALL HASKINS FAULT)
(Not Dawno this time)

Bye now. Don't forget to write!

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Only here. I'm still a member of that darn gather thing which makes me delete several emails daily, but I never post there. (Hijacking yet again, sorry.)

Besides, I waste enough time here when I should be writing.

But it sure is nice to have a place to go where folks understand what a writer is, the fears, the struggle, our perpetual failure (bouyed by the occasional success of fellow AW members which keeps us all going), and get the support so generously offered here at AW.

We can argue politics, clown around in the office party, mess with Mac, vent in TIO, laugh in humor, critique and be critiqued in SYW, but in the end, no matter how bitter I've seen some of the confrontations become, the folks here still support each other.

I like it here.

I'm not so keen on my new avatar, but I'll figure out how to change it one day.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Why should I have a blog when there are only about...ahhhhh ...3,000 intellegent people in the universe and most of them post here?:D

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
That's the sequel to 300. 3000. It will star us, smacking bad guys with laptops.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I made this comment as a kind of joke to a friend today, but then I realized it's true.

I have an actual blog, but have thus far gotten about three comments in a month. And I haven't actually posted anything to it in a month.

Whereas, on AW, anything I write might draw a bunch of literate, humorous, insightful and poignant comments (or else be hijacked utterly).

So now, whenever I think I have something I need to see in print, my first choice is AW (no, actually, a paid column or essay would be first).

Anyone else feel this way?

Im not witty enough to have my own blog. So I post here just to watch people make an ass out of me :D

I don't have a blog because I'm really not all that excited about who I am, nor do I expect others to flock to my daily drivel and hang on my every keystroke.
I can relate, yet I have a blog. I've done three entries in three months, and that's a lot for me. My latest "Reactive Writer" entry is an excuse explanation why I haven't done much with the blog or done much BIC-fiction-novel-writing, I'd rather post here (or previous addictions forums such as Usenet) where I'm writing directly back to a few people I'm pretty sure will come back and read my words.
That's the sequel to 300. 3000. It will star us, smacking bad guys with laptops.
I have a "desktop" system (actually I have several, the exact number is classified) with a steel case, a large power supply and two hard drives. Bad guys should tremble and fear at the thought of it being tossed in their direction.

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com

Ditto here and I take it one step worse....

I now log on here before my e-mail.

*stands*

My name is Auntybug. I'm an AW-a-holic.

*sits. grabs drink*

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
I blog weekly - usually about writing, but right now there's a killer Jamaican recipe up - and enjoy ranting (uh, I mean writing helpful things) for anyone interested.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kate Blogs! ? Oh - Wow.

::::Waves::::
How tricks? Thanks for helping me out with the NO-OLF - We're winning!

:D :D :D :D