• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta/Mentor for Women's Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixSaga

Registered
Reaction score
I have a very rough first draft and I am looking for constructive criticism. This is my first novel and I like it but I know it needs work. I would love for someone with some published experience to give me feedback.

I put it as Women's fiction but maybe you could help me redefine as it also has a fantasy element but not entirely fantasy.

My story is about Kristin Blake, a single mother living in southern California and accomplished artist/owner of several Art galleries. She is plagued by vivid dreams of the Mermaid. At the height of her success, she finds out that she has a terminal illness. This changes her life in ways she never imagined as she comes to understand the true meaning of the mermaid in her life. In addition, Rachael (Pierce) Thomas is a homemaker from a small town on a small island in Maine. Her dearest wish is to have a child to complete her marriage and is devastated after finding out she cannot bare children. Through the miracle of the Mermaid, her wish is granted but she must hold the secret until she passes from this earth.

Itis about two women and how their lives are integrally linked through the Mermaid. Through reviewing life and experiences, good and bad, the true inner strength of women, their emotions, integrity and intuition is realized through trauma and overcoming.

Please let me know if you are interested and pm me.

I forgot to edit my signature. currently 30k and counting quickly.

Last edited:

PhoenixSaga

Registered
Reaction score
Still looking for Help if you are interested!

Okay, I am in revision now. Anyone willing to check this out? I am more than willing to take on any type of crit, preferably someone that will tell it like it is, I have a thick skin. I have received some great feedback on the first chapter in the share your work section, but I could definately use assistance with the layout of the rest of the story. I had read and reread the Shell Seekers (one of my favorite books and authors). I have the chapters now titled by the person introduced. Not sure if this works. Also, I am doing a big no no by opening in the 1st chapter with waking up and intro of the first of mainy dreams. However they are integral to the story. All help is enormously appreciated. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.