Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
I'm getting ready to put my proposal together and the quidelines are to give them books that are my competition. So does that only include those books that are on the bookstores today? Or can I use older books? My book is about a girl who is pulled into another realm and has to help the hero save the day. I'd like to compare it to Everworld Series and the Golden Compass series, but these were written a few years ago. (Not sure on Everworld, need more research.) Can I use them as competition or should I use what's on the bookstore shelves today?

kim

Last edited:

althrasher

Prodigal Muser
Registered
Reaction score
You could put it competing with my book...if it's ever published;)

moondance

Registered
Reaction score
I would use anything that is currently popular. The Golden Compass is still a bestseller, so that still counts as competition ;) Recently published doesn't necessarily equal your biggest competition.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
Thanks, Moondance!!! I appreciate your help!! I want to use the compass and Everworld. I figured since both are/have been made into movies and are about kids being sucked into another world, I'ld at least have a better chance of proving these types of stories are still popular amongst the kids. Thanks again, dear!!!

kim

Status
Not open for further replies.