PDA

View Full Version : The thinking woman's top five hot guys?

plaidearthworm
07-08-2007, 05:58 AM
Okay, so Matthew McConaughey, Brad Pitt, and company are considered the hottest men alive. But some women like their guys with a little more substance. Who do you think is more than just a pretty face, yet-oh-so hot, and why? My starter list so far:

The Discovery Channel guys--Mike Rowe (smart, funny, buff, and that voice!) of Dirty Jobs, Bear Grylls (fearless and fun) of Man vs. Wild, the captains from Deadliest Catch (every woman I've met has their favorite)

Wicked Wits: Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert

Worth Staying Up For: Craig Ferguson, with his sense of humor and humanity

May Change the World: Barak Obama

Do any of these guys float your boat? Do you have other suggestions? I'm mainly angling for the women over 30 demographic, but all comments will be helpful.

Thanks!

TrainofThought
07-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Sorry, you can’t put Matthew McConaughey in the same category as Brad Pitt. Matthew is a guys kind a guy, he’s funny and he's good looking. Brad’s not on his level, IMHO. :D

None of the guys you listed float my boat, but I’m sure none of mine will excite you.

Calm, serious approach to reporting: Anderson Cooper

Great accent, eyes, and humor: Hugh Laurie

Sarcasm and funny: Joe Rogan host of Fear Factor.

Sarcastic and funny: Hugh Grant. I have seen him in several interviews and his smart ass responses crack me up.

plaidearthworm
07-08-2007, 06:37 AM
Of course! Anderson Cooper! And Hugh Laurie is really talented--I remember him from the Black Adder days before he got his teeth into juicy drama. Thanks for the tips!

Scrawler
07-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Brad Pitt makes my skin crawl- in a bad way.
I love Jon Stewart- goofy and very funny.
I've only recently decided I like George Clooney because of his dry humor (I know he's handsome, but I think he's funnier than he lets on)
Liev Schrieber is one I've just discovered and like his quiet confidence.
Hugh Jackman because he's Hugh Jackman
John Hannah because he looks like a real person.

Selimthegrim
07-08-2007, 09:05 AM
I saw Bear Grylls drink his own urine last night. A few months ago, I saw him squeeze the juice out of a ball of elephant dung - directly into his open mouth. Imagine kissing that!

Melanie Nilles
07-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Hugh Jackman is just plain hot no matter what they do to him, imho. He wins in the looks department.

I definitely agree on Anderson Cooper on the calm, serious front. I also like Bill O'Reilly for his straightforward and fair approach (no liberal media propoganda).

Mike Rowe is good too for his willingness to get dirty.

kristie911
07-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Oh man, Anderson Cooper is high on my top five list! Very high...especially after I read his book, "Dispatches from the Edge". And it wasn't ghostwritten either.

Also high on my list, Edward Norton. Not as handsome as Matthew McConaughey but really sexy in his own right...and what an incredible actor!

I also gotta agree with Mike Rowe. He's sexy even when he's getting all grubby and there's something about his voice that really gets me going! :)

scarletpeaches
07-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Obviously, Joaquin Phoenix...because he's Wack. In a good way.

James Purefoy - if only because of that line in Season Two of Rome, "I'm not leaving this bed until I've fucked someone!"

Joseph Fiennes has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen on a man.

Hugh Jackman. He's Australian. 'Nuff said.

Neil Robertson. Again, Australian. Being an Aussie trumps his gingerness and even makes that look sexy.

Plot Device
07-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Romantic and sexual atttractionare very individualized things. I doubt you'll get much of a concensus here.

I think Brendan Fraser is a real cutie. And Eric Stolz has always floated my boat. I used to have a crush on Jeff Goldbloom. And JFK Jr. was America's quitessential Prince Charming.

Claudia Gray
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM
My general take on this has always been that my sex symbols don't have to have jack to do with the fact that I'm a thinking woman. ;) I like a lot of actors/writers/etc. for more than their physical appearance, but if a guy's just incredibly hot -- you know, I have no problem with that.

Jersey Chick
07-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Definitely Anderson Cooper
Keith Olbermann (anyone who can make me laugh while giving grim news is okay in my book - but his special comments sometimes make me flip off the news)
Stephen Colbert - just cuz he's so serious in his mocking. He's a genius
Steve Carrell - again, he's funny
Hugh Jackman - same reason as everyone else :)

my tastes tend to run into the 'I'm the only one who thinks he's hot" category, but what can you do? I was always the one who thought Tom Cruise was the biggest dweeb on the planet and I don't get the fascination with Brad Pitt (call me crazy).

kristie911
07-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I was always the one who thought Tom Cruise was the biggest dweeb on the planet and I don't get the fascination with Brad Pitt (call me crazy).

I loved Tom Cruise in Top Gun...but I still think he's a moron and not remotely attractive. Brad Pitt was good in Seven but he mostly just squicks me out.

sunandshadow
07-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Johnny Depp, Brad Dourif, Alan Rickman, Michael Douglas...?

WriterInChains
07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Jerry Cantrell: hothothot, funny as hell, and always donating time/money to one charity or other. Oh, and he's smokin' on the guitar.
Will Yun Lee: I dare anyone not to love this man after watching him do any martial art for 5 min with his shirt off. ("Thinking women" care about more than just what's inside a man. ;) )
Hugh Jackman: Is there anything he can't do?
Edward Norton: See above. :D
Robert Rodriguez: Gotta love a big man who writes, directs, cooks, and loves Leone. Plus, he writes such sexy music.

Bubastes
07-08-2007, 10:51 PM
I love reading these responses! I have to agree with some of these pics: Anderson Cooper, Hugh Laurie, George Clooney, and Steve Olbermann are definitely on my own list. This may sound dorky, but I'd also like to add Alton Brown because he's smart, funny, and can cook!

Chumplet
07-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I love the guys mentioned above, but I'll add some of my own:

Eric Clapton - a soulful man
David Suzuki - sure, he's old, but he's so sexy and funny in a save-the-world kind of way
Sting - because he's Sting
Jamie Oliver - a kick ass chef with an adorable lisp
John Cusack

scarletpeaches
07-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh, Sting. I'm so hearing that one. Yummy. (His wife's a stuck up cow, though).

arrowqueen
07-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Francesco da Mosta.

MMcC
07-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I'll second Hugh Laurie.

Shepard Smith... politics or no politics, I would totally love to tie him to something covered in velvet for a weekend.

Alan Rickman.

Colin Firth.

Tom Selleck.

I'll also second John Stewart.

Oliver Reed, but he's dead. :(

MonaLeigh
07-09-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm sick of the pretty boys like Brad and Matthew. Enough of him without his shirt already! We get it, he's got a hot body.

I love Joaquin Phoenix. I own all of his movies (much to my husbands amusement) I love his personality (or what I've read of it). He seems very laid back and natural.

I also love Jeremy Piven (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005315/)(Entourage) and Paul Rudd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0748620/). I like funny guys.

Britchik
07-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Colin Firth, no question.

Saanen
07-09-2007, 03:48 AM
I'm glad to see Alan Rickman on several people's lists! I've always thought he was great. And Sean Bean--mrowl!

Honestly, though, I don't really get into actors. Most of the ones who are supposed to be hot turn me off, and the more they appear in the tabloids the less I like them even if they're good actors.

I don't know what thinking has to do with hot guys on TV or movies, anyway. It's not like we can really gauge how intelligent they are or how interesting their ideas are when they're acting a part. The Discovery channel guys are okay, but even though I love Mythbusters and find those guys intellectually interesting, I wouldn't say they're hot.

Bo Sullivan
07-09-2007, 04:02 AM
No question about it! BRUCE WILLIS. Wow. The only other person with a bald head that made that kind of impression on me was Yul Bryner. BW is free and single. Dream ...

Ziljon
07-09-2007, 04:15 AM
What about Robert Conrad?

Saanen
07-09-2007, 04:21 AM
Ooh, I forgot Will Smith! No one's mentioned him. He's hawt, plus he's a fine actor.

christinex
07-09-2007, 04:53 AM
Seconding and thirding the Alan Rickman, Jon Stewart, John Cusack, and Colin Firth votes.

But I've also got to mention Clive Owen. Hot, hot, hot.

Bo Sullivan
07-09-2007, 05:10 AM
Ooh, I forgot Will Smith! No one's mentioned him. He's hawt, plus he's a fine actor.

Lisp?

Ab_Normal
07-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Well, I'm 40, I'm female, and I guess I think :D so here goes...

These guys have already been mentioned:
Hugh Jackman (I even forgave him for being too tall to play Wolverine)
Alan Rickman

Here's where it starts getting a little... odd:
Sean Connery
Chow Yun Fat

And obscure:
Clancy Brown

Norma

ideagirl
07-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Let's see...
Chris Martin (singer of Coldplay)
Hugh Jackman
Denzell Washington
Ewan MacGregor
Jon Stewart

I used to have the hots for Daniel Day Lewis, but in the last decade or so he seems to have become a maniac, and not in a good way...

WackAMole
07-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Stressed
07-10-2007, 12:05 AM
In no particular order [oh alright then, perhaps RDA just shades it for me…!]

Richard Dean Anderson When he was young and pretty – EW. But once he hit 45 and had the silver buzzcut – O-MI-GOD!!!!!! He can McGyver me any day of the week. Several times, in fact, if he has nothing else on.

Billy Bob Thornton I think it’s the way he drops the F-bomb, actually… with such aplomb and verve.

Stephen Colbert Especially in his Julius Caesar outfit.

Lindsey Buckingham [guitar genius from Fleetwood Mac in case anyone doesn’t recognize the name] Tortured genius always floats my boat.

Steve Buscemi I have no explanation, or indeed defense, for this one. It’s one of those inexplicable mysteries.

RumpleTumbler
07-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Thinking women. :roll:

Kate Thornton
Hugh Laurie
Alton Brown
Horst Stormer (1998 Nobel Prize, Physics)
Orhan Pamuk (2006 Nobel Prize, Literature)
Architect Paulo Mendes de la Rocha
and of course I don't care if he's gay - Ian McKellan

Kate Thornton
Thinking women. :roll:
Watch your mouth, kid.

Penguin Queen
07-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I dont quite know what exactly I'm doing here... I ought to be doing a terrible translation, so, er, naturally I found my trusty old bowser wending its towards AW.

So. In no paricular order:

Denzel Washington - anyone remember him in "Much Ado about Nothing?" Mmmmmm.....

David Tenant (Doctor Who) Cute. Very, very cute. And that Scottish accent...

Johnny Depp. Even when not being a pirate. Bloody fine actor. And toothsome.

Um. Do they all have to be male? Ive run out of males now.

Emma Thompson. Gorgeous, funny, clever. Mmmm.

Kate Mulgrew. (Cap'n Janeway). Yummy. Classy. Yummy.

MidnightMuse
07-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Carmine Giovinazzo

Paul Blackthorne

James Murray

Sean Connery

Ryan Reynolds

In no particular order :D

johnnysannie
07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Sean Connery.....

Billy Bob Thornton....(sigh)

Wes Studi.....

Liam Neeson....

Jason Haws (the TAPS guy)

plaidearthworm
07-10-2007, 03:22 AM
Wow, thanks so much for all the responses! I've got a huge list now that I'll be whittling down to size. I may change the 'thinking women's list' angle, I'll have to work that out. Mainly, I wanted to put together a list of men that women find attractive and 'hot' for other reasons than just their appearance--something different than the canned lists of young boy-toy types we see on the TV guide channel and People magazine. Men who are funny, charitable, intelligent, sincere, or just outside the norm of what the mainstream media finds 'hot'. It's interesting to see how wide the spectrum runs on this subject, and I appreciate all your help. I'll be working on this for a while longer, so feel free to keep those comments coming!

MidnightMuse
07-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Well you know what they say - Men fall in love on the first date, women fall in love on the second date :)

Alexandra Little
07-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Deadliest Catch: definitely Sig and Edgar

Mike Rowe is surprisingly hot to me because he used to sing in the Baltimore Opera.

New bond: Daniel Craig

Can I name Daniel Radcliffe (did you SEE his pictures from Equus? Goodbye Harry and Hell-o sexy) and Rupert Grint from Harry Potter? Younger, I know, but come on now.

sunandshadow
07-10-2007, 10:57 AM
HOMG how did I forget Colin Firth? And Kenneth Branagh!

kristie911
07-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Jason Haws (the TAPS guy)

Jason is a cutie but Steve's the one I want to take home! :)

JB_Finesse
07-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I find it odd that nobody put Conan O'Brien on their list...

Ab_Normal
07-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Deadliest Catch: definitely Sig and Edgar

Mike Rowe is surprisingly hot to me because he used to sing in the Baltimore Opera.

New bond: Daniel Craig

Can I name Daniel Radcliffe (did you SEE his pictures from Equus? Goodbye Harry and Hell-o sexy) and Rupert Grint from Harry Potter? Younger, I know, but come on now.
:D I caught me an Edgar nineteen years ago. He's got a lot of similarities to the TV Edgar.

Hrm, I had suspected that Mike Rowe had some sort of theater background...

Mud Dauber
07-11-2007, 07:33 AM
I find it odd that nobody put Conan O'Brien on their list...
Aw, I would take Conan!:Hug2:He makes me laugh, and I know it sounds cliche but the guys with the sense of humor are the ones I'd want to keep around.;) And put John Cusack on my list, too. He's a cutie and he's local.:D

Crčme de la Gem
07-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't know what thinking has to do with hot guys on TV or movies, anyway.

Right.

list of men that women find attractive and 'hot' for other reasons than just their appearance

What man has the quality that overrides his lack of obvious sex appeal? I think there are men out there to whom a woman would give herself up regardless of his appearance/age/emotional-availability, because of what he is or his greatness in what he does.

Example from a film: Ray Charles. He wasn't hot. He was blind. A heroin addict. But hey, his music was revolutionary and his talent limitless, and his wife stuck around despite all the faults. Or Jonny Cash. A married druggy, but June didn't mind waiting for him, being his wife on the road!

Example from the real world: Bill Gates. A computer nerd. His product isn't even that great. But he changed the world and became super rich, and he's gotta pretty wife.

Personally, if he ever comes around, I'd date Bob Dylan or Woody Allen. Even though the sex would be like, "he grabbed my butt today, yay," since they are over the hill, but it'll be a treat for me if Dylan can strum his guitar for me or if Allen can crack me up with a clever line, that would be quite something!

But, don't get me wrong. I'd take Brad Pitt over anyone any day! Did you see how he took the prisoner girl in Troy? Aww!

Cassie
07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Tee hee! You gals are cracking me up!!!

Here we go:
TAYLOR HICKS
MICHAEL YORK
CRAIG FERGUSON
MICK JAGGER
JOHNNY DEPP
What's his name: the guy who does the hair on "What Not to Wear:
PETER FALK (well ... maybe, maybe not)
Chef Gordon Ramsey (Hell's Kitchen)
Simon Cowell (I think so)
Clint Eastwood
Don Johnson, Kevin Costner

Stressed
07-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Tee hee! You gals are cracking me up!!!

Here we go:
TAYLOR HICKS
MICHAEL YORK
CRAIG FERGUSON
MICK JAGGER
JOHNNY DEPP
What's his name: the guy who does the hair on "What Not to Wear:
PETER FALK (well ... maybe, maybe not)
Chef Gordon Ramsey (Hell's Kitchen)
Simon Cowell (I think so)
Clint Eastwood
Don Johnson, Kevin Costner

Ooh… I forgot Gordon Ramsay. ;)

C.bronco
07-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who likes Alan Rickman. I think it's his voice.
I don't know if hormones have anything to do with thinking, although I have to say I'm only attracted to guys who have a sense of humor.

I don't know how Isaac Newton was personality-wise, but I had the page of my high school physics book earmarked- a nice portrait of the young Isaac.
Isaac Newton = beefcake

Chumplet
07-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I guess you don't really know David Suzuki. For 'thinking women', he's the guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Suzuki

Kate Thornton
07-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Right.

Personally, if he ever comes around, I'd date Bob Dylan or Woody Allen. Even though the sex would be like, "he grabbed my butt today, yay," since they are over the hill, but it'll be a treat for me if Dylan can strum his guitar for me or if Allen can crack me up with a clever line, that would be quite something!

Uh, the sex would be phenomenal. Trust me on this one. Both those guys are old enough to know *exactly* what to do. Woody Allen I can't vouch for personally, but Bob Dylan can still make you lose your mind and scream out loud.

Over the f***ing hill indeed. He's 66, not dead.

kikazaru
07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Ditto *swoon*

I consider myself a "thinking" woman, however the part of my anatomy that is thinking about these men is definitely not my brain - mmmrowww!

Alan Rickman
Liam Neeson
Sean Connery
Sean Bean
Hugh Laurie
Daniel Craig
Jason Statham (just saw him in "Crank" sexy, sexy man!)

The common denominator besides their sexy exterior, is their accent. I love a man with an accent.

I also find Johnny Depp very sexy but didn't notice him until he was in Pirates - where he had an accent.

Southern_girl29
07-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I love Hugh Laurie. He's not the typical handsome leading man, but he just does something for me. It's not even the accent, really, because I loved him before I ever heard it.

Simon Cowell -- I just want to tame him. LOL

John Goodman -- Ok, so I know he's not sexy in the traditional sense of the word, but I find him attractive. I think it's his sense of humor. I watched an interview with him once, and he was so funny and interesting. A sense of humor is a very sexy thing.

Saanen
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
But, don't get me wrong. I'd take Brad Pitt over anyone any day! Did you see how he took the prisoner girl in Troy? Aww!

I was too busy drooling over Orlando Bloom in that movie to look at Brad "I'm a buff version of Rick Moranis" Pitt. :) I forgot to put Orlando Bloom on my hot list. He's too young for me, but I can look, can't I?

Someone mentioned Alan Rickman's voice--you know, I think I react to voices on an, ahem, primitive level too. I'm an absolute fool for any kind of accent, too. I had a coworker once from the Netherlands, and while he wasn't much to look at and was actually kind of a jerk, I couldn't listen to him talk without wanting to throw him to the floor right there and have my way with him.

Er, in an intellectual, thinking sort of way, that is. :)

kristie911
07-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

Oded Fehr

<swoon>

I watched The Mummy for Brendan Fraiser...I watched the second one for Oded Fehr. Brendan who? :)

Stressed
07-12-2007, 01:45 AM
I love Hugh Laurie. He's not the typical handsome leading man, but he just does something for me. It's not even the accent, really, because I loved him before I ever heard it.

Simon Cowell -- I just want to tame him. LOL

John Goodman -- Ok, so I know he's not sexy in the traditional sense of the word, but I find him attractive. I think it's his sense of humor. I watched an interview with him once, and he was so funny and interesting. A sense of humor is a very sexy thing.

Actually you mentioning John Goodman makes me think longingly of Brendan Gleason… he was the sheriff in Lake Placid.

Aquarius1
07-13-2007, 03:10 AM
I saw Bear Grylls strip out of his Union Jack boxers and do naked push-ups in the snow. Pop a stick og Dentine, and I wouldn't kick the man out of my tent for drinking a little elephant dung.

Siddow
07-13-2007, 03:50 AM
Did ya'll miss the part where Kate said she did Bob Dylan?

I had a mad crush on Johnny Carson, but now I love Jon Stewart.

TrainofThought
07-13-2007, 04:54 AM
Did ya'll miss the part where Kate said she did Bob Dylan?No, I caught it. :Jaw: I haven't picked up my jaw from the floor yet. I pictured Kate as this wonder woman, hard working, organized and being there for everyone. Now we know she was there for Bob. *shakes head* Why didn’t I have fun when I was younger?

Danger Jane
07-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I saw Bear Grylls strip out of his Union Jack boxers and do naked push-ups in the snow. Pop a stick og Dentine, and I wouldn't kick the man out of my tent for drinking a little elephant dung.

I watched that episode with my friend...first reaction to the naked pushups? "Damn, he can do naked pushups on me any time."

So yes, Bear Grylls and Mike Rowe. Bear is a badass and Mike is...funny and has a sexy voice.

Hugh Jackman, he is SUCH a badass.

JOAQUIN PHOENIX is beautiful, brilliant, and beautiful.

I'm not a member of the target demographic, unfortunately :(

They're only around twenty but I love Jamie Bell and Trevor Morgan. Trevor Morgan is absolutely beautiful and Jamie Bell is going to make beautiful Irish babies with me someday, I swear. Yes I am American; no I don't care.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:gVMZBiyPLsuZEM:http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/01/14/20/10f.jpg jamie bell

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/offtheblack.gif trevor morgan is the one that is not nick nolte.

Hillary
07-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Since so many on my list have already been mentioned, I'll just add two more:

John Krasinski - Well, okay, I'm more in love with his character, Jim Halpert. Because really, who doesn't turn on The Office and think such things as "Where is my Jim?" He's not gorgeous, he's not rich, he's not all that suave. But he's got a kind heart, a brilliant sense of humor, and he's not going to disappear to strip joints every weekend or blow his salary on heroin (always a plus!).

Carl Barât - Former frontman of The Libertines, who booted Pete Doherty for his drug problems, and current frontman of Dirty Pretty Things. I adore him because his lyrics are soul-achingly brilliant if you pay attention, he has a British accent (*swoon*), and if he were mine, for once I wouldn't care that my boy was prettier than I.

Because I can't help myself, here Carl is modeling for J.Lindeberg:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/mysemicharmedlife/CarlAdsm.jpg

Oh darnnitall, looking at that picture I've gone and drooled on my keyboard (again). I hope it doesn't short outqawsnudf..../

Kate Thornton
07-13-2007, 05:51 PM
No, I caught it. :Jaw: I haven't picked up my jaw from the floor yet. I pictured Kate as this wonder woman, hard working, organized and being there for everyone. Now we know she was there for Bob. *shakes head* Why didn’t I have fun when I was younger?

Never let the future interfere with what needs to be done when you are still young, stupid and supple.

I was there for a lot of nice people back in the young-and-sweet days (the 1960s, after all - I was a Flower Child) Loved them all, especially soulful young geeks who sang like broken violin strings, clumsy young physics students who couldn't stop grinning and at least one brilliant seminarian who had a way with words. So glad I have lotsa good memories now, and even stay in touch with a few of those wonderful folks (not all, alas.)

davids
07-13-2007, 06:01 PM
This is an extremely depressing thread-I am extremely depressicated and feel no one cares-special girls do not-but it is silly Friday-ahem ahem-I am interlludicating here ladies so forgive me and I shall promptly leave elderly huffified type fella!

Melanie Nilles
07-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Alton Brown

How could I have missed that? We (my husband and I) watch his show. Not sexy hot but funny and interesting to listen to.

Other sexy guys mentioned I have to agree with--David Tenant, Richard Dean Anderson, Brendan Fraser

I almost forgot about Bruce Boxleitner and Jason Carter (in their Babylon 5 days, when they were younger), Julian McMahon, and now I draw a blank.

edited to add: Tom Wellin (how could I forget!?)

waylander
07-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Ditto *swoon*

I consider myself a "thinking" woman, however the part of my anatomy that is thinking about these men is definitely not my brain - mmmrowww!

Alan Rickman
Liam Neeson
Sean Connery
Sean Bean
Hugh Laurie
Daniel Craig
Jason Statham (just saw him in "Crank" sexy, sexy man!)

The common denominator besides their sexy exterior, is their accent. I love a man with an accent.

I also find Johnny Depp very sexy but didn't notice him until he was in Pirates - where he had an accent.

I have that accent.
Well not Bean or Connery, but I was at university with Hugh Laurie - it was a big university

TrainofThought
07-14-2007, 03:35 AM
Never let the future interfere with what needs to be done when you are still young, stupid and supple. LOL! I wish I was still young and supple, but I did get the stupid part down. :D

Mud Dauber
07-14-2007, 07:43 AM

Okay, then! I think we need to make a top five funniest-guys-whose-sense-of-humor-makes-them-sexy thread. Are you with me?;)

Stressed
07-14-2007, 05:40 PM
DAVID DUCHOVNY. But it has to be Season 4-5 floppy-haired Mulder. Preferably wearing his black turtleneck.

Inky
07-14-2007, 07:28 PM
The late Peter Jennings
Orlando Bloom
Carl Urban
Orlando Bloom
Ioan Gruffudd (only as Lancelot)
Mads Mikkelsen
Heath Ledger (Knights Tale only)
Orlando Bloom
Prince Harry (yeah, he's young, but he's already dashing!)
poetinahat (have you seen him? shy-guy cute...hint: ScarletPeaches MySpace)
Liem Neeson

Chumplet
07-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I totally forgot about Alex Trebeck!!!!

rhymegirl
07-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow, I missed this thread.

Top 5:
Viggo Mortensen
Kurt Russell
Matthew Fox (Lost)
Naveen Andrews (Lost)
Anthony LaPaglia

Sohia Rose
07-16-2007, 06:16 PM
I've had a crush on David Bowie for 20 years, tall, lanky and sexy!

PattiTheWicked
07-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Jason Isaacs
Gerard Butler
Ian Cusick (Desmond on Lost)
James Purefoy
Ioan Gryffudd

Guys who are sexy because they're funny and smart:
Denis Leary
Mike Rowe
Donal Logue (Grounded for Life)