The thinking woman's top five hot guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so Matthew McConaughey, Brad Pitt, and company are considered the hottest men alive. But some women like their guys with a little more substance. Who do you think is more than just a pretty face, yet-oh-so hot, and why? My starter list so far:

The Discovery Channel guys--Mike Rowe (smart, funny, buff, and that voice!) of Dirty Jobs, Bear Grylls (fearless and fun) of Man vs. Wild, the captains from Deadliest Catch (every woman I've met has their favorite)

Wicked Wits: Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert

Worth Staying Up For: Craig Ferguson, with his sense of humor and humanity

May Change the World: Barak Obama

Do any of these guys float your boat? Do you have other suggestions? I'm mainly angling for the women over 30 demographic, but all comments will be helpful.

Thanks!

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Sorry, you can’t put Matthew McConaughey in the same category as Brad Pitt. Matthew is a guys kind a guy, he’s funny and he's good looking. Brad’s not on his level, IMHO. :D

None of the guys you listed float my boat, but I’m sure none of mine will excite you.

Calm, serious approach to reporting: Anderson Cooper

Great accent, eyes, and humor: Hugh Laurie

Sarcasm and funny: Joe Rogan host of Fear Factor.

Sarcastic and funny: Hugh Grant. I have seen him in several interviews and his smart ass responses crack me up.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Of course! Anderson Cooper! And Hugh Laurie is really talented--I remember him from the Black Adder days before he got his teeth into juicy drama. Thanks for the tips!

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Brad Pitt makes my skin crawl- in a bad way.
I love Jon Stewart- goofy and very funny.
I've only recently decided I like George Clooney because of his dry humor (I know he's handsome, but I think he's funnier than he lets on)
[SIZE=-1]Liev Schrieber is one I've just discovered and like his quiet confidence.
Hugh Jackman because he's Hugh Jackman
John Hannah because he looks like a real person.
[/SIZE]

Selimthegrim

Ottoman Sultan
Registered
Reaction score
I saw Bear Grylls drink his own urine last night. A few months ago, I saw him squeeze the juice out of a ball of elephant dung - directly into his open mouth. Imagine kissing that!

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
Hugh Jackman is just plain hot no matter what they do to him, imho. He wins in the looks department.

I definitely agree on Anderson Cooper on the calm, serious front. I also like Bill O'Reilly for his straightforward and fair approach (no liberal media propoganda).

Mike Rowe is good too for his willingness to get dirty.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, Anderson Cooper is high on my top five list! Very high...especially after I read his book, "Dispatches from the Edge". And it wasn't ghostwritten either.

Also high on my list, Edward Norton. Not as handsome as Matthew McConaughey but really sexy in his own right...and what an incredible actor!

I also gotta agree with Mike Rowe. He's sexy even when he's getting all grubby and there's something about his voice that really gets me going! :)

Reaction score
Obviously, Joaquin Phoenix...because he's Wack. In a good way.

James Purefoy - if only because of that line in Season Two of Rome, "I'm not leaving this bed until I've fucked someone!"

Joseph Fiennes has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen on a man.

Hugh Jackman. He's Australian. 'Nuff said.

Neil Robertson. Again, Australian. Being an Aussie trumps his gingerness and even makes that look sexy.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Romantic and sexual atttractionare very individualized things. I doubt you'll get much of a concensus here.

I think Brendan Fraser is a real cutie. And Eric Stolz has always floated my boat. I used to have a crush on Jeff Goldbloom. And JFK Jr. was America's quitessential Prince Charming.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
My general take on this has always been that my sex symbols don't have to have jack to do with the fact that I'm a thinking woman. ;) I like a lot of actors/writers/etc. for more than their physical appearance, but if a guy's just incredibly hot -- you know, I have no problem with that.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Definitely Anderson Cooper
Keith Olbermann (anyone who can make me laugh while giving grim news is okay in my book - but his special comments sometimes make me flip off the news)
Stephen Colbert - just cuz he's so serious in his mocking. He's a genius
Steve Carrell - again, he's funny
Hugh Jackman - same reason as everyone else :)

my tastes tend to run into the 'I'm the only one who thinks he's hot" category, but what can you do? I was always the one who thought Tom Cruise was the biggest dweeb on the planet and I don't get the fascination with Brad Pitt (call me crazy).

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I was always the one who thought Tom Cruise was the biggest dweeb on the planet and I don't get the fascination with Brad Pitt (call me crazy).

I loved Tom Cruise in Top Gun...but I still think he's a moron and not remotely attractive. Brad Pitt was good in Seven but he mostly just squicks me out.

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Jerry Cantrell: hothothot, funny as hell, and always donating time/money to one charity or other. Oh, and he's smokin' on the guitar.
Will Yun Lee: I dare anyone not to love this man after watching him do any martial art for 5 min with his shirt off. ("Thinking women" care about more than just what's inside a man. ;) )
Hugh Jackman: Is there anything he can't do?
Edward Norton: See above. :D
Robert Rodriguez: Gotta love a big man who writes, directs, cooks, and loves Leone. Plus, he writes such sexy music.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I love reading these responses! I have to agree with some of these pics: Anderson Cooper, Hugh Laurie, George Clooney, and Steve Olbermann are definitely on my own list. This may sound dorky, but I'd also like to add Alton Brown because he's smart, funny, and can cook!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I love the guys mentioned above, but I'll add some of my own:

Eric Clapton - a soulful man
David Suzuki - sure, he's old, but he's so sexy and funny in a save-the-world kind of way
Sting - because he's Sting
Jamie Oliver - a kick ass chef with an adorable lisp
John Cusack

Reaction score
Oh, Sting. I'm so hearing that one. Yummy. (His wife's a stuck up cow, though).

MMcC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maureenmccarrie.blogspot.com
I'll second Hugh Laurie.

Shepard Smith... politics or no politics, I would totally love to tie him to something covered in velvet for a weekend.

Alan Rickman.

Colin Firth.

Tom Selleck.

I'll also second John Stewart.

Oliver Reed, but he's dead. :(

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sick of the pretty boys like Brad and Matthew. Enough of him without his shirt already! We get it, he's got a hot body.

I love Joaquin Phoenix. I own all of his movies (much to my husbands amusement) I love his personality (or what I've read of it). He seems very laid back and natural.

I also love Jeremy Piven (Entourage) and Paul Rudd. I like funny guys.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Alan Rickman on several people's lists! I've always thought he was great. And Sean Bean--mrowl!

Honestly, though, I don't really get into actors. Most of the ones who are supposed to be hot turn me off, and the more they appear in the tabloids the less I like them even if they're good actors.

I don't know what thinking has to do with hot guys on TV or movies, anyway. It's not like we can really gauge how intelligent they are or how interesting their ideas are when they're acting a part. The Discovery channel guys are okay, but even though I love Mythbusters and find those guys intellectually interesting, I wouldn't say they're hot.

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
No question about it! BRUCE WILLIS. Wow. The only other person with a bald head that made that kind of impression on me was Yul Bryner. BW is free and single. Dream ...

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I forgot Will Smith! No one's mentioned him. He's hawt, plus he's a fine actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.