Kathleen Woodiwiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy J

In a state of denial...
Registered
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Kathleen Woodiwiss passed away. Have any of you heard anything about this news?

She was the first romance author I ever read, and to this day, I still adore her work.

Sandy J

In a state of denial...
Registered
Reaction score
This was on her website this afternoon:

Just wanted to share with you a notice that was posted on the forumwise website that Heath Woodiwiss was kind enought to take the time and post. Kathleen has passed away 7/6/07.

"Hello. I am very sorry to inform you all of the death of my mother Kathleen. She took the death of my brother a bit harder than we thought and the cancer came back with a vengence. She passed away Friday morning at 0630 in Princeton, MN. I just want to thank you all for all of your support and being such great fans. My Mom was amazed at all of the people that supported her. Her final book is done, but not finished. We will be trying to polish it up for her. Her editor at Harper Collins has been a great source of stress for my Mom and the rest of us as well, so I am not sure how that will work out, but we are trying to get the book published as fast as possible. We all want this to be her greatest book ever. Thank you again for all of your support.

Heath."

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking around, but I can't find anything.

Damn - The Flame and The Flower was the first historical romance I ever read.
Mine too... Awesome romance writer!!

Sandy J

In a state of denial...
Registered
Reaction score
She was one of my favorites. I remember being twelve or thirteen and sneaking reads of The Wolf and the Dove because my mom wouldn't let me read it. I've read her books so many times, I have several of them practically memorized. A Rose in Winter was probably my favorite.

I'm so very sad to hear she's gone. :cry: She defined romance for me.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She was one of my favorites. I remember being twelve or thirteen and sneaking reads of The Wolf and the Dove because my mom wouldn't let me read it. I've read her books so many times, I have several of them practically memorized. A Rose in Winter was probably my favorite.

I'm so very sad to hear she's gone. :cry: She defined romance for me.
can't find anything about an obit?

Sandy J

In a state of denial...
Registered
Reaction score
can't find anything about an obit?

Not so far. Just the posting from her son on the message boards of her website.

If I find anything new, I'll post it.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
She wasn't the first Historical Romance writer I'd read but one of the top two. Woodiwiss and Rosemary Rogers were always a "must buy" for my oldest sister and me.

Sorry to see her leave us.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
How sad. She was very reclusive--once I got to hear her speak at a New Jersey RW conf--she didn't prepare any speech or notes, just took questions. Said she never spoke in public. So the few of lucky enough to get in had to scramble to come up with decent questions to get her talking.

Nice lady. Love her work. Will send prayers up for the family.

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
This news makes me so sad. She is my inspration to writing "Romance Novels". I love her work and still read her novels again and again.

Sandy J

In a state of denial...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm horribly sad. :( So I'm not repeating myself, I wrote about her in my blog.

My silly blog

Her last book is due to come out in October. I believe the title is Everlasting.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Oh, I'm hearbroken by this news. As with many, Kathleen Woodiwiss was not only a favorite author but an inspiration to write historical romance. Her earliest works are classics that I have read and reread and still reflect on.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I loved her books. Flame and The Flower was my favorite. I've read it a dozen times at least. She was the only historical romance writer I read regularly.

RIP Kathleen.

Viola2007

Registered
Reaction score
She was the greatest

Although I was much more into Rosemary Rogers. KW was instrumental in driving me into romance addiction. I read most of her novels. My favorite was Ashes in the Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.