Signed with an agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

katdad

I've just heard from the agency who was evaluating my private detective novels.

They have offered me a contract for representation, and are quite enthusiastic about selling my books to a publisher.

The agency is a legitimate one, AAR signatory, and non-fee charging of course.

kevacho

katdad,

Fan-flippin'-tastic! :trophy

You are where the majority of us strive to be. Well done.

Kevin
www.kevacho.com

"Write to Live. Live to Write."

"Don't forget the joe." :coffee Or, in your case katdad, down a pint for me. :cheers

Tish Davidson

Fantastic, exicting news that gives all writers inspiration to keep going. Congratulations!

katdad

Thanks! It's been a long road, plenty of postage spent and plenty of "no thanks" replies, but if you persevere you can do it.

My novel "Sudden Storm" will be submitted to some publishers right away. My next novel "Full Circle" is nearing completion/revision and will be off to the agency at year's end.

All my novels are in the same lineage, modern hardboiled private detective, the "Mitch King" series. I'll keep everyone informed of progress.

katdad

"good deal. did your search take very long?"

Months. I mailed dozens of query letters to agencies. Most of the replies were simple TBNTs (thanks but no thanks). A few asked for sample chapters, and then said TBNT afterwards.

But after some considerable plugging away, a couple of agencies asked for the full novels after they had read the samples. And one agency has now said yes.

ChunkyC

Congratulations!

Here's hoping your new agent finds a publisher with lots of
money8.gif
for an advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.