Newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm pretty new here, and I have a couple of questions that I hope someone who is more experienced doesn't mind answering.

1) I know what reputation points are, and I know how to see my own, but how does one see another's rep point total? Or is that info only for the mods? Just curious. And can one respond to a rep point that they were given - like a quick "You're welcome."?

2) I am used to another forum where double posting and extremely short posts are discouraged. That doesn't seem to be the case here - am I right? Because I'd like to thank people on a thread for their responses sometimes, and the thank you would be very brief. Is that OK? And are two successive posts OK?

Thanks so much,

c.e.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
1:You can't see someone else's rep point total...however, if you hover your mouse pointer just under the P in the word 'posts' on the left under their location, it will give you a little description. Somewhere around here is what description corresponds to what rep point total. (I'll try to find it and give you a link). The only way to respond to a rep point is by finding a post by the rep point giver and give them a rep point in return.

2: If you accidently double post, it's probably best to delete one of the posts. But short posts are never a problem...sometimes you'll see posts that are simply a smiley. It happens quite frequently actually! And successive posts are fine too.

All that said...let me just say :welcome:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
The question of rep points and their levels comes up a lot, any chance, Lisa, on getting that thread as a sticky?

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
The question of rep points and their levels comes up a lot, any chance, Lisa, on getting that thread as a sticky?

That would be helpful - I did try to find the answer before I posted. I read through the FAQ section and it explained what rep points are and how to give them to others but not how to check levels.

Thanks everyone. kristie911's answer covered everything!

c.e.

Deleted member 42

I think I need to write an FAQ, actually, and stickie it. I've started collecting the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.