PDA

View Full Version : Teenage boys and Truth or Dare

CaroGirl
07-07-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm not a teenage boy, nor have I ever been one, but what would a typical dare be if, say, three boys, living on a farm, were to play this game?

RumpleTumbler
07-07-2007, 12:50 AM
ewwwwwwwww

JoNightshade
07-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Jumping off of high places... creeping around into dangerous areas in the dark... going up into a barn loft where there are lots of bats... defacing a barn or perhaps even spray-painting a cow??

alleycat
07-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Ride a cow . . . swing acoss a steam on a grapevine . . . go through the "haunted house back in the woods" (there's always one) . . . go through the yard of someone with a bad dog . . . steal old Farmer Jones' prize watermelon . . . climb a tall tree . . . throw a rock at a hornet's nest . . . dig up an Indian grave . . . move someone's tractor to the back forty . . .

ac (who was a teenage boy and grew up in the country)

MidnightMuse
07-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Basically just ask Alleycat about his childhood!

CaroGirl
07-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Great suggestions so far! I quite like the idea of throwing a rock at a hornets nest. But keep them coming!

Oh, this is a horse farm. No cows to tip or paint, or, well, ew.

alleycat
07-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Basically just ask Alleycat about his childhood!
It was not I who set the field on fire!

That was my brother.

alleycat
07-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Great suggestions so far! I quite like the idea of throwing a rock at a hornets nest. But keep them coming!

Oh, this is a horse farm. No cows to tip or paint, or, well, ew.
Oh, then make it a horse that they're either told not to ride, or which is known as the wildest horse in the tri-county area.

alleycat
07-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Great suggestions so far! I quite like the idea of throwing a rock at a hornets nest.
You could also make the dare going up and hitting it with a stick.

ac (who has thrown a rock or two at a hornets nest)

alleycat
07-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Do "crop circles" in someone's corn field (hey, even I never did that one) . . . roll a giant snowball downhill and leave it in the middle of the road . . . swim in a swampy farm pond . . . play the "water can over the barn door" trick on grandpa . . . steal all of mother's eggs that her prize hens lay (lie, lay, lain) . . . put a frog or snake in your brother's bed . . . ride a bicycle down Deadman's Hill at full speed . . .

CaroGirl
07-07-2007, 01:39 AM
You know, alleycat, it's amazing you're still alive. Thanks for all the help. I like the snowball in the road trick. If only I were a kid again...

alleycat
07-07-2007, 01:45 AM
You know, alleycat, it's amazing you're still alive. Thanks for all the help. I like the snowball in the road trick. If only I were a kid again...
Well, I didn't think I needed to mention blowing things up or the homemade cannon my brother and I made. Or the giant slingshot. Or . . . never mind.

alleycat
07-07-2007, 01:56 AM
Have you got enough? Or should I move on to things I did in the seventh grade?

Izunya
07-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Go to the church service on Sunday and polish the visiting bishop's bald
head . . .

This was only possible because it was an outside church, incidentally, so it was fairly easy to sneak up behind him. Also possible because the bishop (Episcopalian, not Catholic) was an extremely cool guy.

Izunya

ETA: No, this wasn't me. I'm a coward. This was a friend of a friend.

Tish Davidson
07-07-2007, 05:08 AM
Do boys play truth or dare? Where I live, it is considered strictly a girl's game. I know that boys dare each other all the time. I'm talking about the formalized game truth or dare that girls play at slumber parties.

alleycat
07-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Do boys play truth or dare? Where I live, it is considered strictly a girl's game. I know that boys dare each other all the time. I'm talking about the formalized game truth or dare that girls play at slumber parties.
I've only played it with girls. ;-)

Puma
07-07-2007, 06:16 AM
(I know you said this was a horsefarm, Caro) - Boys used to tip cows over and tip outhouses over too in the area where I live. When the creek would flood in the spring they'd climb up onto the top of the old bridge (at least six feet above the roadway) and dive into the floodwaters. Rural community, not much to do on Saturday night - two of the boys got together and one of them dressed up as a tramp and then walked through the little town. His buddy was supposed to pick him up on the other side but a bunch of the other boys were in hot pursuit first. Tramp boy had to find his way home through the cornfields (with spotlights playing on the rows). (Amazingly, several women who lived a couple miles away claimed they were raped by the tramp.) Another time, same bridge - one of the boys rigged up a battery powered light that he could control from off the side of the road. There were some screeching tires when cars were suddenly faced with an unknown light that appeared in the middle of the roadway. And then there were the drag races - almost nightly some summers - no playing chicken, thank heavens. Puma

Don Allen
07-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Actually I'm finding a lot of the things that people are saying to be general activities that we used to do as teenagers, the dares we did all had to do with girls. I got so busted for unloosing the strings on a girl's halter top who shall only be known as Laura. My friends dared me and I got my ass kicked by her boyfriend and grounded by my parents cause the little b# $%@ch couldn't keep her mouth shut. Then we stole a car on dare, that ended poorly too as I remember. A friend needed hubcaps and we managed to steal those with out getting caught. Then there was the halloween dares. always involved lots of eggs and toliet paper as I recall. The stupidest dare I ever did was being dared to fight this kid on a whim by 2 of my other friends who insisted that if I didn't fight him I was a p#$@ssy. So I picked a fight with him and lost that too. I have won a few, I think I'm about 50/50 but the losses were usually because of dares.

Mom'sWrite
07-07-2007, 07:01 AM
.. defacing a barn or perhaps even spray-painting a cow??

I'm not a teenage boy either, but I've spent a lot time out in the barn with them when I was a teen.

Once during a truth-or-dare moment we conceived and carried out a sinister plan to p.o. one of the more uptight adults. We dyed all the white patches of her flashy paint horse green. It was perfect. I thought she was going to spontaneously combust right there when she saw it.

It's amazing how 20 years later, it's still funny.

alleycat
07-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm not a teenage boy either, but I've spent a lot time out in the barn with them when I was a teen.
Well, let's hear more about that!

Evaine
07-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Someone I used to know went to Cambridge University, famed for punting on the river Cam. He and a group of his friends got polystyrene blocks and painted them to match the stonework on one of the bridges, and then laid them out so they looked like the top row of stones on the bridge. Then they waited until a punt full of tourists went underneath, and pushed the 'stones' on top of them.

They got into quite a bit of trouble for that.

alleycat
07-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Get in the field with the crazy bull . . . unloosen someone's saddle . . . find an old outhouse and move it to someone's front yard during the night . . . jump off the barn roof with a homemade parachute . . . walk across a rotten log over a stream . . . paint the hooves of someone's horse pink . . . shoot an arrow straight up (and where it falls . . . ) . . . turn a jar of fireflies loose in the house . . . jump a high fence on a horse . . . wait in the barn loft and when someone comes in, rake all the hay onto their head . . . put a flowered hat on someone's horse . . . ski while have a horse pulls you . . . lock your brother in the shed . . . make a giant slingshot using a bicycle intertube and heave cantaloupes at the kid next door . . .

Azure Skye
07-07-2007, 03:20 PM
It was not I who set the field on fire!

That was my brother.

No, that was my brother.

Seriously.

He got a big ass whoopin' too. Seriously.

alleycat
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
No, that was my brother.

Seriously.

He got a big ass whoopin' too. Seriously.
My brother did it with the flaming arrow trick. I think he watched too many westerns.

Azure Skye
07-07-2007, 03:28 PM
My brother did it with the flaming arrow trick. I think he watched too many westerns.

Mine wasn't so creative; he just used matches.

That's what I always thought about Truth or Dare too. I didn't know boys even played that game.