UFC 73

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I know it's popular to dislike the UFC (despite its popularity), but I've been a fan ever since UFC 1. Is anyone else psyched about UFC 73? I think it's the deepest card they've put together to date and some of the most even matchups. My predictions:

Evans over Ortiz. I've underestimated Rashad from the start, but he's making a believer out of me. I love Tito, but I think Rashad is too strong on the ground.

Franca over Sherk. Sherk beat Florian because he was so much stronger, but I think Franca's submission skills will be too much for him.

Silva over Marquardt. Silva's still on the rise.

Nogueira over Herring. Heath's ground game needs to improve if he's going to keep moving up in the UFC.

And when is Diego Sanchez gonna get a title shot?

JamieFord

giving resonant directions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
I love MMA (UFC, Pride, etc).

UFC 73 looks great. I can't wait to see Big Nog--just wish he was fighting someone he hasn't already beaten twice.

I heard Diego will be fighting BJ Penn next.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I heard Diego will be fighting BJ Penn next.

Man, that would be an awesome fight. I guess BJ can just bounce between weight classes because ... well, because he's BJ Freaking Penn. That Welterweight division is just so stacked, though. I can't believe Serra is going to hold on to the belt for long.

Do you think Randy is gonna be able to hold off a monster like Gonzaga? I'm not sure if that's gonna be UFC 74 or if they're pushing it out.

JamieFord

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
I gotta go with Randy. It's hard not to root for that guy. That match is set to headline UFC 74. Also on the card is GSP vs. Koscheck--another good match.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Well I watched UFC73 last night. I guess the fights were okay, but all in all, it ended up being pretty boring. Most of the matches were chess matches of grappling, which is fine and well, but not when it's 12 straight rounds of it to start off the evening. The Ortiz / Evans fight totally sucked. Evans didn't want to bang. The Silva fight was good, but they didn't show a replay of the knockout afterward, which was rediculous. Oh well. UFC74 still sounds great.

JamieFord

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
I didn't see it, but read the play-by-play online. Sounds like Ortiz/Evans are gonna be given a rematch. I was glad to see Silva win--can't wait to see the rematch with him and Franklin.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Yeah, that was the first thing out of Tito's mouth after the fight - "we can do this again." and the crowd boo'ed him because it was such a disappointing fight. I have no desire to see that rematch. What's Matt Hughes been up to lately? He used to be everywhere, but since he lost to GSP I haven't heard anything about him.

JamieFord

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
Last I heard Hughes will be coaching on the next Ultimate Fighter. The other coach will be Matt Serra and at the finale, they'll fight for the welterweight belt. It forces them each to sit out the next few UFC, but I guess they don't want them getting injured and not being able to fight at the end of the next season.

The305itself

Registered
Reaction score
I don't like it when the fighters fight in MMA but only use one single fighting technique the entire fight