You probably don't want to know what Harry Potter thinks might happen to himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Interview with Daniel Radcliff over on Todayshow.com.

TODAYshow.com: With the final book coming out, do you ever get a sense of impending doom? Do you think you will survive "The Deathly Hallows"?

Daniel: I think I might die in it, but that’s just my prediction. I think so, but I’ve no idea at all; I have no inside hints.

This is what I've been saying, Potter lovers. Voldemort may be defeated... But POTTER GOES WITH HIM!

MUWAHAHAAH
HAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAH
HAH!

Reaction score
I've got an idea what will happen, but if I say, "Yeah I knew all along," the natural reaction from others would be, "Sure Nichola. We believe you."

So what I've said from the beginning is that...

POSSIBLE SPOILER - READ ON AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Remember the phoenix feather thing (?) in the wand? Only Voldemort could use the other, similar wand. So there's a connection with Harry. I bet he's really Voldemort's son. I seem to remember reading that no person could be the missing horcrux, so unless Rowling goes back on that, I'm going for the "Harry, I am your father!" ending. To defeat Voldemort, he has to top himself. Or something.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I don't think she'd kill Harry for no other reason than there are too many psychotic fans who would literally kill themselves or try to kill her.

Reaction score
But she's had the final chapter written since the first book came out, so unless she was prepared to re-jig the entire plot line to save her own life...;) I mean, is it worth all that work?!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Harry is going to wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette and realize the whole thing was a dream. :D

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I think Harry is going to wake up next to Daniel Craig (aka 007) and says, "Whew, what a dream, snookum. Now, fix me some sausage mcmuffins."

And the world rejoices.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
But she's had the final chapter written since the first book came out, so unless she was prepared to re-jig the entire plot line to save her own life...;) I mean, is it worth all that work?!

When she wrote the first one she was flat broke, but now she's richer than Brian Boitano and David Schwimmer combined, so she might want to re-consider if the story is worth dying over.

Heck, if I were her the series would end with Harry and Voldemort sharing a Pepsi on the hood of their new GMC truck, eating Dorito's, listening to their iPods and talking about new XBox games. Cha-ching!!!

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Can someone PM me when the book comes out and you find out for sure? I've not read a word of the HP books (or bothered with the films), but some evil little part of me is rooting for the bespectacled one to bite it.

I love a good, angsty ending.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I think Harry is going to wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette and realize the whole thing was a dream. :D

That's how Stephen Colbert says it ends (along with Hermione actually being a dude). And he's got an advanced copy, mind you. ;)

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
I love the HP story, and I'm really behind Harry dying, I think it would be the most satisfying ending.

Harry has the "power the dark lord knows not" and although Dumbledore said that was love, I'm more inclined to think that that power is ultimately self-sacrifice. Since Voldy fears death above all other things, I don't think self-sacrifice is something he understands.

Also:
Hermione will not die because she's Rowling's self-insert
Draco will turn from the DE's and he'll be the token saved Slytherin.
Snape will die *weeps* and after his death Harry will discover that he was always on their side.

Thus ends the Smoke's predictions.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
One thing she should have taken into account is not to annoy her fans. If she kills off Harry, then a lot of fans will be very, very unhappy and may not want to read her next series of books. So the safe course is to keep him alive to please the fans. But that's just my view.

Reaction score
When she wrote the first one she was flat broke, but now she's richer than Brian Boitano and David Schwimmer combined...

One thing she should have taken into account is not to annoy her fans. If she kills off Harry, then a lot of fans will be very, very unhappy and may not want to read her next series of books...

Which is why she should stay true to her original vision for Harry. It's not like she needs the money from another series of books and if she changes the ending to suit whiny fans who might cry at the death of a fictional character, well...I believe that's the wrong thing to do, let fans influence how she writes her own book.

And her house is like Fort Knox already. She's probably got more security than the queen.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Which is why she should stay true to her original vision for Harry. It's not like she needs the money from another series of books and if she changes the ending to suit whiny fans who might cry at the death of a fictional character, well...I believe that's the wrong thing to do, let fans influence how she writes her own book.

And her house is like Fort Knox already. She's probably got more security than the queen.

You're right, she doesn't need the money, she's a (dollar) billionaire and has more of it than she could possibly spend. Plus she's gonna get even more from this book and the movies which have yet to be released and the all the toys and stuff. However, I would imagine that even Rowling would like to write other books which will be a success. The only way of doing that is to make sure the fans are happy so they buy those future books.

The Harry Potter books have been getting gradually darker as the series comes to an end, so she has laid the ground work to kill Harry off if she so wishes, and she may just do that (if that was her original last chapter she keeps telling people she wrote at the beginning of the first book).

Whatever happens, she has to come to terms with the fact that anything she writes in the future won't be as successful as the Potter books as they won't be 'Harry Potter'. Something the critics may jump on.

Oh and btw, although I would never kill anyone off at the end of one of my stories ;) , I'm all for killing Harry off at the end of the book :D . It would bring the series of books to a complete end, and wouldn't have the 'she has to write another Harry Potter adventure to tell us what happened after he left Hogwarts', that would happen if he didn't die.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
No, the other one. :)

Overuse of adverbial everything tags?

I think Ray's got it.

The whole "Deathly Hallows" title thing is just a ploy. The REAL title is going to be "Harry Potter and the Brokeback Hogwarts CIA."

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.