Not open for further replies.

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
I need a NON-TECHIE description of an X-ray machine, please. The modern kind used in hospitals, specifically. I've tried Wiki, howstuffworks and Answers.com, but they ALL got on the physics podium and I was lost on what the darn parts are CALLED! I mainly need the name of the swiveling screen thingy and the terminal used with a monitor to view results.

Thanks for any help. :)

Selimthegrim

Ottoman Sultan
Registered
Reaction score
This website illustrates the process by which x-rays work, and gives some terminology for you. I think the diagrams really help with clarity too: http://www.latticesemi.com/solutions/marketsolutions/medical/digitalxraymachinecameras.cfm

I think the swiveling screen thingy you're referring to is the x-ray tube, which generates the x-rays.

Here's another link where you can buy parts. I'm not a radiologist so I'm not sure if this is the terminology you want or not, but it's more info either way: http://www.ashaindustries.com/index.html

Last edited:

AggieCowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Since you are talking about a terminal to view images, I'm assuming you are looking at digital radiography. The terminal is simply that...a terminal or monitor

The swiveling screen thingy? Not sure what you're referring to there. It probably is the tube housing (or camera). If you have an actual screen attached to the housing where you can view in real-time, it's a fluoroscope.

Horseshoes

lisapreston.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisapreston.com
G,
I think your thingy is the collimator.
I'm picturing you looking at a ceiling mounted unit or a fixed stand and wanting to dial in the shot. You're using the knobs on the colimator.

Status
Not open for further replies.