I wrote a lot today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenwolf103

I just wanted to take a minute to toot my horn a little.

On this day, I wrote over 3000 words in my novel. W-O-W! The last time I've written so much in one day (20 pages, actually) was about 4 months ago. So, I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for that.

It's amazing how much writing you get done once that Inner Editor's butt gets kicked. :grin

Sure I didn't check my E-mail, get the house cleaned up or read too much. But, hey! I got a lot of writing done! (I'll check my E-mail tomorrow. Maybe....)

katdad

It's a good feeling when the muse sits on your shoulders and urges you to get to writing, and the results are lots of words.

Good for you.

Myself, today I edited and tweaked a screenplay of mine before sending it to the agency (who has requested it).

Greenwolf103

Thank you, katdad. :) I have to agree with you there. I never thought yesterday's writing would bring about so much done. It's pretty cool. The process is kind of scary because it's like I'm living in two worlds but I hope that, in the end, it means having written a good story.

Good luck with your screenplay!! :thumbs

notsosweet

When you're finished with that muse, could you send her over this way?

Eowyn Eomer

I get distracted too easily. It's all this darned internet's fault. I get on the computer to write, but I want to check stuff on the internet and before I know it, hours have passed on the internet that I should have been focused on writing my story.

Stupid internet.

stormie267

Well, I'm here reading these boards, and I'm supposed to be writing. At least Greenwolf got over 3000 words written. (Does posting on AW count??)

Greenwolf103

Does posting on AW count??

Er, no. At least, not to me. I'm talking about how much I wrote in my novel. as far as how many words I wrote in one day as far as articles, essays and poems go, I have no idea! :wha

There are good writing days and bad writing days. Yesterday was a good one for me and I was doubly pleased at having written so much. I try to write at least 2K words in my novel/book a day.

evanaharris

Just don't take those 3000 words as an excuse to not do your minimum amount tomorrow.

I wrote 6000 words in one night, and didn't write for a week and a half after that.

Of course, my hands couldn't move independently for a while, either....

Greenwolf103

Just don't take those 3000 words as an excuse to not do your minimum amount tomorrow.

Exactly. If you go over your daily quota, great. But meet that same quota tomorrow, too.

stormie267

Greenwolf--I was teasing. I was talking about me posting on the AW boards--taking the time away from what I really should be doing! My problem is sometimes I get sidetracked into writing something else. Glad you were able to do it!
:clap

Greenwolf103

Greenwolf--I was teasing. I was talking about me posting on the AW boards

Ah, gotcha. ;) There are some people, though, who think that sorta thing counts. I'm glad you're not of that crowd.

I know what you mean about getting sidetracked. As far as the AW board goes, I only post here twice -- morning and at night -- and that's my rule. However, if I've written already during the day and I have a few minutes of free time, I'll check the boards. It's just a matter of deciding what must come first and of course I choose writing. :grin

But you have to find a way to keep yourself from getting sidetracked so that you can focus more on writing.

pencilone

Well done Greenwolf!
I hope you don't mind if I share my good experience/ revelation from last night...

I wrote a lot for my NaNo yesterday (4,165 words in 2.5 hours).

It was like I discovered the Holy Grail!

I've done it using a kitchen timer and writing in 5 sessions of 30 minutes separated by 10 minutes breaks.
The output for the 30 minutes sessions were the following:775, 800, 913, 788, 883.

It might not seem too much, but I feel I reached gold:jump .

Focussing totally on writing as quickly as possible for 30 minutes is not such a daunting task (not to mention that I am a poor typer as I type with two fingers only:eek ).

But I figure that if I can do it, so can everyone else.

It's worth giving a try to this method too.:D :clover
:party

Greenwolf103

Beat my record

Thank you, pencil!! :) Yes it is a good method to try. I was in and out of my chair today (because of my toddler) but I did spend A LOT of time writing. Probably gained 20 pounds in the process...

ANYWAY!

I beat my record today, 11-24-04 (what's left of it, LOL):
4,117 words. SWEET!!!
ARMS1.GIF

Greenwolf103

Re: Beat my record

Nope, but the whole NaNoWriMo craze has obviously bitten me. ;) I normally plan to write at least 2000 words in my novel each day -- just my system -- and I was happy that I got so much done yesterday.

Yeshanu

Re: Beat my record

It's becoming painfully obvious that I need to get off the net and start writing...

3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.