PDA

View Full Version : Happy July 4th everyone

Susie
07-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Hope your holiday is safe and happy. Enjoy! What are you plans for it? Howie and I will probably just make burgers & fries.

TheIT
07-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Happy 4th! No plans other than taking a couple of days off and relaxing, though I might be visiting my brother next weekend.

Haggis
07-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Hope your holiday is safe and happy. Enjoy! What are you plans for it? Howie and will probably just make burgers & fries.

Happy 4th, Susie. Me, I'm gonna be out lookin' for some Redcoats.

cray
07-03-2007, 10:58 PM
remember people: don't put the fingers directly on ice
..put them in a bag first and then head off to the hospital

RumpleTumbler
07-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I will be sitting at home broke with no gas and no food. My dog will only appear to be interested in me because I might pet her or play with her. :cry:

At least I get the day off! :)

My-Immortal
07-03-2007, 11:02 PM
You do realize you're being rather insensitive to the British posters on this board, don't you? I mean, you're just rubbing in their faces-again-the loss their country sustained 200+ years ago.

To those of you celebrating the 4th of July - I hope it is a happy and healthy one for you. To those of you not celebrating the 4th - I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. To those of you in England....well....if you hadn't lost, Paris Hilton and GWB would have been your problem...

Feel better?

;)

Take care all -

Susie
07-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Apologies to the British. Just wishing everyone a happy 4th to those who are celebrating it.

TrainofThought
07-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Happy 4th Susie!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_14_7.gif

Meerkat
07-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Seven of my faves in one spot? Well then: Happy Independence Day, dear sweet Susie, helpful smart IT, outrageous witty Haggis, snort beverage through nose funny Cray, way-wit-werds RumpleTumbler, subtle omnipresent Immortal, and photogenic endlessly entertaining Train!

WackAMole
07-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Happy 4th!!!!!

Having a BBQ at my mom and dad's house, swimming in the pool, being lazy and waiting for the big bang :D

Cath
07-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Apologies to the British. Just wishing everyone a happy 4th to those who are celebrating it.
That's ok, I changed my avatar especially. :D

Happy 4th, y'all!

scarletpeaches
07-04-2007, 12:39 AM
You do realize you're being rather insensitive to the British posters on this board, don't you? I mean, you're just rubbing in their faces-again-the loss their country sustained 200+ years ago.

To those of you celebrating the 4th of July - I hope it is a happy and healthy one for you. To those of you not celebrating the 4th - I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. To those of you in England....well....if you hadn't lost, Paris Hilton and GWB would have been your problem...

Feel better?

;)

Take care all -

Um, no actually, because yet again I have to remind people that Britain is NOT the same as England.

RumpleTumbler
07-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Um, no actually, because yet again I have to remind people that Britain is NOT the same as England.

Who cares? If the whole lot just feel into the ocean and sunk it would just be another boring story on the news.

Have a happy 4th of July! :)

Meerkat
07-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Britain, England, GB, UK, Camelot, Middle Earth, objective D-plus-2011 in Operation Tax Base... it's all the same place to us!

scarletpeaches
07-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Who cares? If the whole lot just feel into the ocean and sunk it would just be another boring story on the news.

Have a happy 4th of July! :)

About 60 million people care.

Go shopping at Wal-Mart! :)

Haggis
07-04-2007, 12:49 AM
About 60 million people care.

The Hessians? :Shrug:

scarletpeaches
07-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Oh shit, I got mixed up with all of my personalities again. Doh!

Pardon me. Only about 37 people live in Britain.

Meerkat
07-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Operation Tax Base aborted

I say again: Operation Tax Base aborted

scarletpeaches
07-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Remember: tomorrow is Death-to-the-Whore Day.

Meerkat
07-04-2007, 12:57 AM
You had us at "go shopping at WalMart..."

JoeEkaitis
07-04-2007, 01:00 AM
http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Joe-Ekaitis/4th2000.gif

Little Red Barn
07-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Happy 4th, all! :)

Pat~
07-04-2007, 02:22 AM
Have a Happy 4th, all!
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif

September skies
07-04-2007, 02:34 AM
Happy Fourth of July everyone!
Be careful out there!

lostgirl
07-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!

There's a big parade tomorrow and then fireworks tomorrow night. We're going to see if the little shin biter (2 1/2 year old munchkin) likes fireworks. Ought to be interesting. We'd bbq but it'd probably end up like old Chicago and we wouldn't have the cow to blame it on.

Be safe everyone.

Serenity
07-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Happy Birthday, America! :partyguy: If the fireworks had been last night, I might have gone. It was beautiful! It's supposed to get really hot and humid here today. I really don't want to sit in the middle of a bug-infested field with that kind of weather.

A few of the families I know from where I teach were going to venture forth into DC today. I called them crazy. I'll watch those fireworks on tv and not get crushed by the millions of people on the Mall. :flag:

san_remo_ave
07-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Just enjoying the day off. Will wander over the local university early evening, grab a good blanket spot and watch the fireworks show.

Lyra Jean
07-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Going canoing with friends then watching "Transformers." I don't think we'll be seeing fireworks this year.

"Happy fourth of July. Remember don't let the kids play with fireworks and watch out for drunks on the road. Unless you're the drunk."
We almost said that over the PA at Walmart but decided not to.

*when did we get spellcheck on here?*

My-Immortal
07-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Oh shit, I got mixed up with all of my personalities again. Doh!

Pardon me. Only about 37 people live in Britain.

Hey...if you can't even keep it straight....????

<shakes head>

Happy 4th Everyone. ;)

maestrowork
07-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Remember what this day is really about.

Happy 4th!

DeborahM
07-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Happy 4th everyone! Hope everyone has a great safe and fun day!

I'm hopefully (providing it's not raining...again) taking Christie Ann to the Botanical Gardens here in FTW for a concert and fireworks tonight.

Mom'sWrite
07-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Happy 4th y'all!

It's all set to be 119 degrees here today, but I'm ready for it. I got beer in the fridge and dreamsicles in the freezer. The pool is nicely chilly. I'm teaching my 10 year-old to use a church key right now. Life's good.

wyntermoon
07-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Happy Birthday, America! :partyguy: If the fireworks had been last night, I might have gone. It was beautiful! It's supposed to get really hot and humid here today. I really don't want to sit in the middle of a bug-infested field with that kind of weather.

A few of the families I know from where I teach were going to venture forth into DC today. I called them crazy. I'll watch those fireworks on tv and not get crushed by the millions of people on the Mall. :flag:

What? You're not going to be crushed by the throngs of people trying to escape the mall by coming to Ida Lee? I'm trying to convince the family that a drive-by would be better then home for watermelon. :D

I'm spending part of the holiday researching Revolutionary era ghosts, I feel so patriotic.

Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!

JoeEkaitis
07-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Slept 'til 10:00am, made breakfast, watching "The Twilight Zone" Marathon on Sci-Fi, goin' to my folks' house for dinner.

MacAllister
07-04-2007, 10:47 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/4.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/6.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif

Soccer Mom
07-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Let's see. Washed up the horses and cleaned everyone's feet, even though they'll just go roll and stomp in the mud. It'll be a fresh coat.

Got rained on.

Tonight we grill: locally raised steaks, hamburgers, and lamb. Homegrown potatoes, corn, onions, and zucchini. Finish with watermelons and watching Soccer Dad and sons set off fireworks.

And I even added to a short story this morning. Great day so far.

Joe270
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Once it cools to a balmy 110 around 6 pm, my street is having a party. I'm in charge of the events.

Water balloon toss (no eggs), Water balloon races ( a relay where you have to pop your balloon with your bum in a chair ), a watermelon eating contest, a seed spitting contest, and a patriotic decorate your bike contest for the little ones.

Any other suggestions will help. Thanks.

Soccer Mom
07-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Water race? The one where you carry it in a ladle and have to fill your bucket first? It's a fun team event. Also crazy bat races--the ones where you place your forehead on the bat, spin around fifteen times and then run like drunken sailors.

wyntermoon
07-04-2007, 10:58 PM
How about a cotton ball race? Kids carry a cotton ball on a spoon to the finish line without it falling off.

Paper hat (from newspapers) decorating and subsequent hat parade?

Kool-aid station: kids design their own kool-aid from the powdered mixes (not sure how this one will work out, I just made it up)

have fun!

Siddow
07-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Beer funnels!

wyntermoon
07-04-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm headed to Siddow's party...

William Haskins
07-04-2007, 11:06 PM
happy birthday america!

http://www.lyricsforall.com/display/lyric/12870/1899059453/Various+Artists/America,+Fuck+Yeah+-+Trey+Parker/

Joe270
07-04-2007, 11:07 PM
I'd forgotten about the 'fill the bucket race', that one's in. You poke holes in the bottom of the milk jug so everyone gets wet. Fun.

The cotton ball on the spoon is in, if the wind cooperates.

I'm a champ at broomstick races, but this is a family event. And it's Vegas, nothing but concrete and rocks. Not a good combo. Keep the suggestions comming.

arrowqueen
07-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Have a great day.

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/9.gif

Soccer Mom
07-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks AQ! Have a good time doing whatever you normally do on a Wednesday that isn't a holiday cause your in Scotland, but that you like doing.

Cripes, I've spent to much time around the Davids lately.

Serenity
07-05-2007, 01:11 AM
What? You're not going to be crushed by the throngs of people trying to escape the mall by coming to Ida Lee? I'm trying to convince the family that a drive-by would be better then home for watermelon. :D

I'm spending part of the holiday researching Revolutionary era ghosts, I feel so patriotic.

Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!

Definitely not going anywhere now with all the tornado warnings in the area... :eek:

P.H.Delarran
07-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Happy 4th of July!

JoNightshade
07-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Yay! Happy birthday America! To celebrate the hubby and I just bought our first home ice cream maker. We're gonna take it to a friend's house and bbq.

This morning we went out to breakfast/lunch at a new little place called the "Breakfast Cafe" around the corner. It was full of mom-and-pop type Caucasian old people, young asians, latinos, and the Greek couple who just opened the place were bustling around and wishing everyone a very enthusiastic independence day. I looked around, turned to my husband, and said "I love this country."

swvaughn
07-05-2007, 05:59 AM
And a happy 4th to you too, Susie! :)

And everyone else too. Don't fireworks and drive! :D

swvaughn
07-05-2007, 06:00 AM
happy birthday america!

http://www.lyricsforall.com/display/lyric/12870/1899059453/Various+Artists/America,+Fuck+Yeah+-+Trey+Parker/

I love this song

*dies*

TsukiRyoko
07-05-2007, 08:41 AM
My 4th of July kicked major ass. I made friends with some semi-professional bands that played classic rock for four hours at a block party, and they let me jam with them for about an hour on stage. Best damn drumset I've ever played on. Also, it's the only time in my life where I've had more than 5 middle aged musicians trying to get me hammered on Captain Morgan and stuff me with barbeque ribs. It was a damn good day.

We finally stopped jamming after they got really drunk (between 10 of them, more than 6 big bottles of Morgan were downed, and I lost count of the beers) and couldn't drag themselves onto the stage anymore, then they started asking me questions like, "Did you have to sew your pants on?" (I was wearing my really tight, skinny leg, torn up pants), "Can I have a bracelet?", and "Wanna have a booze chuggin race? Wooooo!!!!!!! Freebird!!!!".

On an even funner note, I seem to have gained quite a few fans, all under the age of eleven. I had a parade of children following me the entire time, and most of them cried when I left.

Joe270
07-05-2007, 12:04 PM
What a wonderful night. Happy birthday, America. Our street, all of 15 houses, put a hundred people in the street. Mostly kids.

We ate like kings, hamburgers, hotdogs, and carne asada.

We got wet, threw water balloons, and enjoyed each other.

No rich people can pay for what we had tonight. I love where I live. I enjoy my neighbors, and we have a blast together.

And we shot off illegal fireworks for three hours. Cool.

Beat that, Bill Gates. We had a whole lot better time than you can buy. Ha.

triceretops
07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Gak, I'm late. Happy birthday to all of us and America!

Tri

Foinah
07-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Happy birthday America! :hooray: :partyguy: It's a great country.

Wet blanket time...
However I'm not too keen on this holiday's required festivities...where I grew up booms and explosions weren't all that fun and this day always makes me jumpy and jittery. I spend most of the night in need of a cocktail or a xanax ;) Not to mention the absolute f&**nuts who insist on setting off m-80's at all hours of the night for weeks before and after the fourth.
Here in Oregon you can't shoot off anything that goes air born or goes BOOM! I don't know why, a safety issue maybe? Fire hazard?

Anyways, Vancouver is right across the river and those kinds of things are legal there. All manner of yahoos buy that stuff and then set it off right next to my house. Especially the white trash rodeo across the street. EEK!

I do love the cupcakes with the red, white and blue sprinkles available at the market. Makes it all worth while I guess!