Any fans of The Munsters or Addams Family out there?

chickidy63

Registered
Reaction score
I love them too but in my opinion the Munsters are better.

L'Oiseau Noir

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't know, I think both of them are about equal on my level. They're both hilarious shows in my opinion, a little over-the-top, but a bit of madness or quirky fun never hurt anyone. :)

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Addams Family seems to be darker, and have a little more style.

Munsters was almost cartoony.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Me, Me Me :D
I love both the Munsters and Addams Family.
The Munsters crack me up and the Addams Family are just lovely to watch cause they rule.:hooray:

Last edited:

L'Oiseau Noir

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The Addams family are delightfully quirky, I love them. The Munsters are just goofy, which is also why I love them. Lily was my favorite--she was so oblivious to the fact everybody else knew she was a vampiress.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Oh, I love the Addams family. I thought the interplay between Morticia and Gomez was so erotic.

I always found the Munsters to be a bit goofy, and didn't enjoy them as much.

My daughter and I are planning to make an Addams-family style dollhouse as soon as Hobby Lobby has their house kits on sale.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
We love them both.

I grew up watching the Munsters on TV.

The Addams Family is more in depth, in my opinion.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
When I was a kid, these were shows I watched right before bedtime. I used to love The Munsters, The Addams Family, Mr. Ed, and Bewitched. I don't catch reruns very often nowadays, but sometimes I will.

I'm honestly surprised with all of the film adaptations that are coming out, so far no one has done anything with The Munsters. I can't imagine anyone but Fred Gwynne playing Herman, though.

L'Oiseau Noir

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
When I was a kid, these were shows I watched right before bedtime. I used to love The Munsters, The Addams Family, Mr. Ed, and Bewitched. I don't catch reruns very often nowadays, but sometimes I will.

I'm honestly surprised with all of the film adaptations that are coming out, so far no one has done anything with The Munsters. I can't imagine anyone but Fred Gwynne playing Herman, though.

At one point in the eighties, they made a new Munsters series, but it sucked in my opinion. The newer Addams family stuff though is actually rather hilarious, and I think it still remains true to the original series.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I enjoyed both of the Addams Family movies. Love, love, love Raul Julia (RIP). The sequel gets points for one of the best lines ever:

"I'll buy a glass of your lemonade if you buy a box of these delicious Girl Scout Cookies."

"Are they made with real Girl Scouts?"

Teehee.

L'Oiseau Noir

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I enjoyed both of the Addams Family movies. Love, love, love Raul Julia (RIP). The sequel gets points for one of the best lines ever:

"I'll buy a glass of your lemonade if you buy a box of these delicious Girl Scout Cookies."

"Are they made with real Girl Scouts?"

Teehee.

Haha, I remember that quote actually. Ahh, Angela Lansbury was a great Morticia in the newer movies, though I think her most astounding performance was with the broadway cast for "Sweeney Todd."

Boy, I love that musical. :)

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Loved them both... I was in high school plays with John Franklin, he played cousin "IT" in the 2 movies, but you would remember him best from Children of the corn, I forget his charactors name, but he was the little bad kid that everyone followed. The best scenes in television history are the close-ups on Gomez' face just before he's about to blow up his model train----priceless...

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
OH, wow, I feel dumb! That's who I meant. Angelica Huston. Sorry about that, my mind's still kind of knotted around Sweeney Todd. I was watching the musical earlier.

That's okay, Angela Landsbury did rock as Mrs. Lovett in Sweeny Todd. I'm actually looking forward to the theatrical version coming out next year. Johnny Depp as Todd? Oh hell yes.

*Attend the tale of Sweeny Todd. His skin was pale and his eye was odd... (I'm going to be singing that all day now. LOL)

Anyhow, to get back on topic. I loved both the Munsters and The Addams Family, but I adored the Addams Family movies.

"Oh, he has my father's eyes."
"Gomez, take those out of his mouth."

L'Oiseau Noir

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
That's okay, Angela Landsbury did rock as Mrs. Lovett in Sweeny Todd. I'm actually looking forward to the theatrical version coming out next year. Johnny Depp as Todd? Oh hell yes.

*Attend the tale of Sweeny Todd. His skin was pale and his eye was odd... (I'm going to be singing that all day now. LOL)

Anyhow, to get back on topic. I loved both the Munsters and The Addams Family, but I adored the Addams Family movies.

"Oh, he has my father's eyes."
"Gomez, take those out of his mouth."

Burton's really imaginative; if anybody can make a theatrical version of Sweeney Todd and do it right, his twisted (but wonderful) sense of cinema will! :)

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of both shows. The thing I really liked about the Munsters was the later theme song, with the really heavy rock 'n' roll sound. It sounded creepy and at the same time fun.

The things I liked most about the Addams Family was the train set, the play room, and the way the whole house shook when they rang for Lurch.

I think both shows have their own unique pros and cons. They're both funny in their own ways, and that what I like about them.

The one thing that really sticks in my mind, though, is Herman Munster busting through the front door. That scene makes me chuckle to no end.

:)

WordLover

Loki incarnate
Registered
Reaction score
Addams Family seems to be darker, and have a little more style.

Munsters was almost cartoony.
precisely! I went as Gomez for Halloween one year which is not far removed from how I look on a daily basis.

gotta love Uncle Fester.