• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need a beta for 112k contemporary novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

EriRae

:P
Registered
Reaction score
I would really appreciate some help with my 112k contemporary novel, as well as give me advice on the query/synopsis process. I have already submitted to a few agents, but I've found that the partials I sent are coming back unread, which leads me to believe either my query letter sucks or my novel is too controversial.

I need someone with a strong stomach: the novel includes language, violence, cruelty to a wild animal, some gore, rape, torture, hetero sex and a gay relationship/ suggested sex.

The premise:

Randolph (Dolf) Price moves to New Vienna, Minnesota, and meets a clique of four friends who run a hate website. He declares himself leader of the group, renaming them the Schoolhouse Five and they start a local club to alienate the town's Jewish residents and berate Kennedy High School's two minority teachers. Dolf aligns with a terrorist group, frames the student council for drug use, arranges breeding partners to bring about the Master Race, and pays to have one of the original four killed in a drive-by shooting, all while exemplifying the model student.

Dolf becomes all his father wants him to be, but then he falls in love with Louis Levinston, son of the Jewish English teacher, after the other Schoolhouse Five members exploit Louis to win the student council election. Louis reminds Dolf of John Davis, a friend his father murdered because he was gay. When Dolf’s ex-girlfriend discovers the nature of Dolf’s relationship with Louis, she plans to expose and execute them at a school assembly.

Please send me an e-mail if you are interested: [email protected]

I would prefer a female reader's opinion because I have had four male readers and one female reader, but any reader willing to sift through 112k is game enough for me!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Erin

EriRae

:P
Registered
Reaction score
FYI: This book started out as a morality play to show that the religious right is taking over the country, and if they continue, we will have another Hitler on our hands. I am a Democrat, not a Nazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.