% of novels published

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everybody, I'm hoping you can help me.

I'm looking for Miss Snark's piece on the percentage breakdown of manuscripts in the slush pile. So-many-percent were unreadable, so-many were obviously written by psychopaths etc. She ended up with a tiny percentage of submitted mss being credible (which meant that a large percentage of those would be published).

I can't find it on her blog, nor can I find it here - I know we discussed it before.

So I'd be very grateful if anybody could steer me in the direction of this information. #

Thanks in advance,

Tracy

Registered
Reaction score
That's perfect! It's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much. (This would, of course, explain why I couldn't find it on Miss Snark's blog!).

Thanks again, aadams73.

Dave.C.Robinson

... with the High Command
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daverobinsonwrites.com
I followed the link and there's a lot of great information there. The thing that always makes me laugh is the number of people who seem to forget that writers are suppliers and publishers are our customers. They really do want to buy our books, the only problem is that they want to make sure it's saleable before they do.

Sometimes it reminds me of people taking lemonade to a store that's advertising for a new brand of beer and taking their refusal to buy the lemonade as a sure sign there's a conspiracy against buying beer from new breweries when the truth is that they already have all the lemonade they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.