PDA

View Full Version : July 500 words a day---All genres welcome

AnnieColleen
07-02-2007, 02:03 AM
Hey, I'm the first one here! So I get the big stick, right? ;)

:e2poke:

Anywho. 744 here.

Good Word
07-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Glad you started this, AnnieC. It's not even six am, and I've written three words so far.

Oh.

Oh my.

moth
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Ow! How'd you get three sticks?? I still only have one! ;)

I let yesterday slip away word-wise :e2cry: but worked out a nasty plot knot that's been bugging me on the WNQIPY (work not quite in progress yet). So I'm good to go for later today. *cracks knuckles*

AnnieColleen
07-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Ow! How'd you get three sticks?? I still only have one! ;)

Yardwork bonanza, plus rain/windstorms. Lots and lots of sticks here for the taking. :tongue

But:Sun: for cracking plot knots!

GW -- wait, you're worried about having only 3 words at 6 a.m., or you're just up and writing that early? Either way, :Wha: (quoth the non-morning-person!)

Soccer Mom
07-02-2007, 11:31 PM
1,000 new words so far. It's a bit info dumpy, but I'll clean it up on the rewrite.

You have permission to poke me (just with one stick!) until I announce I have finished my synopsis. I HATE synopsis.

ETA: wrote 334 words of a new short story. It's gonna be a longer work, not a flash piece. And I didn't work on the synop. Poke away.

AnnieColleen
07-03-2007, 08:44 AM
740 here.

Synopsing sounds ugly; I guess I'm lucky to have nothing to synopse yet! Um, where did I put that stick now...

Oh, and :Sun: for new words and new stories!

JDCrayne
07-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Alas, I did not get any scintillating prose done today. I decided I had to back off and consider motives and character relationships. If I'm going to knock off somebody, I like to have a good reason for doing it. So, I am just checking in!

Soccer Mom
07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
:Sun: for your 740 words Annie.

Plotting is good, Dian. No new words yet today (it's only 7:30. cut me a little slack). But after I logged off, I got a new idea for a short and wrote a couple hundred longhand. I'll type it in and get a count later.

Shara
07-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I think I need to be in for this month, simply because I need constant poking with a big stick to get any work done.

Ultimately I run out of excuses not to write (did somebody say 'easily distracted'?) So far no words for July, but we are only on the 3rd.

Can you stockpile your 500 words a day? If I write 3500 words on Sunday, will that make up for not writing anything during the week???

And what if they're not terribly good words? Do they still count?

Shara

Good Word
07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Shara, welcome.

ALL words count. What if you just work on daily goals? If you don't make it one day, the next is a clean slate. The "stockpiling" can be a setup for failure.

Every day is fresh, and every word counts.

And there's a nice group of supportive people here to hang out with. :)

moth
07-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi Shara! :Sun: This is a fun thread, and it really does make a difference in your output. And don't worry if your words on any day don't strike you as being very good -- mine regularly stink, and like GW said, all words count. :)

Annie and JD, great job. :Thumbs:

For me 804 yesterday -- on the now-WIP! That was my opening scene. I can tell it's not great but it's a start. Plus 162 on a flash fic piece I'm working on.

:e2poke: Soccer Mommmm...

ETA: everybody feel free to poke me with a stick too. I want to keep my momentum up this time.

Shara
07-03-2007, 11:24 PM
1300 words tonight!:hooray:

I chickened out of going to my aerobics class (big scary thunder storm put me off!) so I made a deal with myself that if I wasn't going to exercise, I had to spend time writing. So at least I could feel virtuous in some other way.

Shara

Thump
07-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Haven't written anything in three months :-/ On the other hand, I finally came up with a title for the story I've been meaning to send out into the wilds and printed it out with the determination to do a first round of mail tomorrow.

I'll go write my 500 words now.

moth
07-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Yay Shara! :snoopy: w00t! :D

Hiya Thump, welcome! Good for you for getting back into it. :Sun: We're all here for ya.

Soccer Mom
07-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Shara! :welcome: and great job! :Sun:

Hiya, Thump! Welcome back. :Sun:

Moth! you write, girl! :Sun:

me? Um....shuffles feet....I'm a bad kitty. I started a new story and wrote 1,000 on it and mapped out the rest. I just love the story and plan to finish it. No new words on WIP and nothing on synopsis. I know. Poke away.

AnnieColleen
07-04-2007, 06:18 AM
:Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun:

Wow, way to go all! Looks like July will be a good month!

Now, me, I just added 1353 to my WIP tonight...

that I'd written ages ago, but I finally got to the place where that scene fits...

but this puts me over my guesstimate back at the beginning for how long this thing would be (80K), and the story's not near done. But then, I know I have to chop quite a bit from the beginning (dropped a character I thought would be major, among other things), so I s'pose it'll even out. And this one moves things along to the next major piece of action.

Ok, right. Off to add new words this time...

:tongue

Mel
07-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Not been writing for too long now, so decided I really need to get back to it. Also thought it would be a good idea to play in other parts of the board. So tonight I worked a little bit on a couple of stories.

564 on the first.
472 on the second.

I like the first one the best so may stick with that one. Oh, and can I have the whip instead of the stick? I seem to need that one more. :D

Will Lavender
07-04-2007, 08:00 AM
The good news: over 8000 today.

The (possibly) bad news: a whole new section of the novel opened up and (1) I don't know if that's a good thing or not and (2) it's going to take me a while longer to finish it.

Will Lavender
07-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Can you stockpile your 500 words a day? If I write 3500 words on Sunday, will that make up for not writing anything during the week???

I definitely think you can "stockpile" words.

Coincidentally, I'm on the Weight Watchers diet at the moment. On this diet, you can stockpile calories. You can overeat one day as long as you eat within your calorie limit the next. And it works: I've lost 13 pounds in about 5 weeks.

Same with writing. If you have trouble getting pen-to-paper (or words-to-monitor in most cases) one day, just write like crazy the next to make up for the slippage.

I think a finishing line goal is good. It makes you can accountable for the work and keeps you trudging forward. If you write 2000 words every weekday, for instance, as I'm trying to do, then you should be able to write an 80,000 word novel in two months, which is how long it took me to write my first.

Will Lavender
07-04-2007, 08:07 AM
but this puts me over my guesstimate back at the beginning for how long this thing would be (80K), and the story's not near done. But then, I know I have to chop quite a bit from the beginning (dropped a character I thought would be major, among other things), so I s'pose it'll even out. And this one moves things along to the next major piece of action.

Same shape I'm in, AC.

I've actually just come up with, sort of out of the blue, a new narrator. I have 225 pages of one voice, and then here comes this second voice, a very minor character, who charges into the narrative.

My litmus test is always, as I'm writing, "Would I want to read this?"

And I don't know if I would like that sort of intrusion.

But now I've got about 30 pages of that second voice, so I guess it's onward and upward.

AnnieColleen
07-04-2007, 09:01 AM
And 962 tonight.

Yeah, I ran out of steam with that character halfway through, after alternating stories to that point. I know full well I wouldn't want to read a lot of what I have to this point...but if I go back to tinker now, I'll never hit THE END. I want to finish, never mind how messy, and then go back with the pruning shears and whatever else it takes. This is my training-wheels book, so I can do that. ;)

Soccer Mom
07-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Not been writing for too long now, so decided I really need to get back to it. Also thought it would be a good idea to play in other parts of the board. So tonight I worked a little bit on a couple of stories.

564 on the first.
472 on the second.

I like the first one the best so may stick with that one. Oh, and can I have the whip instead of the stick? I seem to need that one more. :D

:whip:

JDCrayne
07-05-2007, 12:46 AM
763 words today.
I decided, after an abortive experiment, that trying to writing a mystery without knowing in advance who the killer is, and what the motive is, simply does not work for me. I took off some time to plot out the where, why, how, and who and now I feel MUCH better about it. "I know where I'm going," as the old song goes.

JDCrayne
07-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Coincidentally, I'm on the Weight Watchers diet at the moment. On this diet, you can stockpile calories. You can overeat one day as long as you eat within your calorie limit the next. And it works: I've lost 13 pounds in about 5 weeks.

Hey, I'm on WW too! I'm on the Core plan and I've lost 11 lbs in about the same length of time! I agree about stockpiling words. Except that I'm more inclined to the "catch up" mode. If I don't write my 500 one day, I try to make up for it in the next couple of days. It makes me feel virtuous. :tongue

Shara
07-05-2007, 01:25 AM
1000 words tonight!

Most of which involve a dialogue between two characters that is kind of taking me by surprise!

I like this challenge idea. I feel obliged to find time to write words every day. Really, there is no reason why I can't find half an hour a day or so. I keep making excuses as to not having the time, but they are just excuses.

Thanks for support, everyone.

JDCrayne, I'm writing a mystery, too, sort of 'on the hoof'. I'm pretty sure 'whodunnit', and why, but at this point I'm not sure of the logistics, or how to insert the clues so it doesn't come out as being completely implausible at the end. Still, it's a first draft. I'm sure that by the end of it the plot will have revealed itself and I will know what I need to do to fix the problems.

Shara

JDCrayne
07-05-2007, 01:31 AM
JDCrayne, I'm writing a mystery, too, sort of 'on the hoof'. I'm pretty sure 'whodunnit', and why, but at this point I'm not sure of the logistics, or how to insert the clues so it doesn't come out as being completely implausible at the end. Still, it's a first draft. I'm sure that by the end of it the plot will have revealed itself and I will know what I need to do to fix the problems.

Shara

I'm sure you'll work it out! My first drafts are always a little rough (to say the least). I once had a couple of suspects leaving the area two days before they arrived in the next chapter. When I think I'm done with the final draft, I have my husband skim through it. He's not a mystery buff, but he's great at spotting holes in the plot.

Soccer Mom
07-05-2007, 06:57 AM
I've written mysteries both with an intensive outline and just on the hoof. Both can work. I kind of like on the hoof. I start out with a basic idea and just work around it. You can do it Shara! And a great beta is worth his/her weight in chocolate!

:hooray: for all the new words.

I didn't write on my WIP or synop. I know. Bad kitty. Get the poking stick.

But! But! I did write 1,200 so far on that short story I've been working on. I'm just obsessed with it and I simply have to finish it! It's one of those projects that just tackles you and won't leave you alone.

Mel
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
See, the whip works! 2288 words.

moth
07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
:Sun:

for all who deserve/need those...me included on the stick poking. Bad mothy, no words for two whole days! But I'm so thrilled for everybody who did get words -- wtg! I'm all inspired too, so thanks for posting. *cracks knuckles again*

Shara
07-06-2007, 12:35 AM
950 words tonight.

I am trying to establish a routine where at some point between arriving home from work and going to bed I will sit at the computer and write at least 500 words. No more excuses about no more time; I just spend less time messing around with emails or watching TV and write instead.

Seems to be working so far! i am having a very productive week.

Shara

moth
07-06-2007, 03:54 AM
My wonderful sainted mother in law took the kids for me today. I ignored every speck of housework and wrote an entire short story, start to finish, with occasional pop-ins to AW. 3316 words. I can barely believe it. And I can't wait to re-read and begin the edits tomorrow.

Shara, that's awesome! :Sun: And you've got the right idea with establishing a routine. That's what I need to do too, a fixed non-negotiable block of time every single day -- not depend on fluke days like today. I've always known that but I've never taken a good hard enough look at my schedule to do it. Thanks for the :e2poke:!

Soccer Mom
07-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Good for you, Shara! :Sun: BIC (butt in chair) is the only way a book gets written. Sounds like you're well on your way to a healthy routine.

Moth! :hooray: Wow! So very impressed! And you even gave me an excellent crit!

ETA: Me? Another 1,000 in the short story that wouldn't die. Yes, I'm hoping to bring it in under 5,000. It's tentatively called "Mrs. McGivney Feeds her Demon."

Mel
07-06-2007, 08:39 AM
You can do it, Shara! :e2cheer: Keep going!

Mel
07-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Go, moth! :hooray:

Mel
07-06-2007, 08:43 AM
ETA: Me? Another 1,000 in the short story that wouldn't die. Yes, I'm hoping to bring it in under 5,000. It's tentatively called "Mrs. McGivney Feeds her Demon."

Don't you love when the story doesn't die but keeps on going to the end.

:Sun: Yay, Soccer Mom! :Sun:

Mel
07-06-2007, 08:45 AM
524 on one story and 791 on another. The second one had a scene coming up that I knew wasn't going to be easy, but I finally got to it. Now maybe I can plow through the rest of it.

moth
07-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Yay for Mel and Soccer Mom! :snoopy: :Sun:
Mel, good for you for getting through a scene you didn't like. That takes guts. :Thumbs:

Soccer Mom...if it won't stay under 5000 now, just get out the :whip: and tame it in edits. ;) Annnnnnd...how's that synop going? :e2poke:

Mel
07-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Yay for Mel and Soccer Mom! :snoopy: :Sun:
Mel, good for you for getting through a scene you didn't like. That takes guts. :Thumbs:

It wasn't so much a scene I didn't like. Ah, who am I kidding! This novel is one that I decided to stretch myself with by using elements I've never done before, therefor, making most of it harder for me. But I do like it and the characters. Just seems to go slower, which is maybe not such a bad thing.

AnnieColleen
07-06-2007, 08:26 PM
:Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun:

Wow, y'all are doing great!

Me, I've been concentrating on my cross-stitch project the last couple of days (it's way overdue)...I'm hoping I can find a way to do both. We'll see how that goes!

JDCrayne
07-06-2007, 11:00 PM
947 words, which almost makes up for the days I missed.
It's too damned hot to work. I may have to give up and turn on the a/c.

moth
07-07-2007, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the explanation Mel. :) And I agree, going slower and stretching yourself aren't bad things at all. I should do them more myself. ;)

Annie, I haven't done cross stitch in ages! I hope both projects go well! :Sun:

Dian, you go! :Sun: And crank that a/c. Mine's been on for a while now. ;)

As for me - I re-read the short I did yesterday (I can see how rushed I was, how excited to get to the end :rolleyes: ) and got 665 new words between two other shorts. WIP -- stagnant. I'm not sure where to put my focus, shorts or the new novel. My heart is tugging me toward shorts at the moment, which is bittersweet.

Mel
07-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Way to go, JD! :Sun:

I was a slacker today. No writing and I'm too tired now. Where's the whip?

moth
07-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I was a slacker today. No writing and I'm too tired now. Where's the whip?

moth
07-07-2007, 07:04 PM
And now that I think about it, :e2poke: for the rest of us.

Shara
07-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Acknowledging stick poking!

Nothing yesterday. Went out after work and got home too late and too drunk (bad Shara) to do any writing.

800 words today.

Hoping for a productive day tomorrow, as Sunday is my usual writing day.

Shara

Soccer Mom
07-08-2007, 02:08 AM
550 words yesterday.

Nothing yet today. I woke up with a headache and I've been busy messing around with the horses. It's been sunny for a change :Sun: and I've been bathing and cleaning the little mudballs up. So....productive day. No words.

Poke away.

moth
07-08-2007, 02:30 AM
:poke:

Poking myself too, since I have zero words today. Stinking nice weather on the stinking weekend...:rolleyes: I did get another short story idea though, complete with everything but the ending. I'm excited to write that one but I fear I won't get the chance to start til Monday.

jordijoy
07-08-2007, 02:44 AM
This post is so on time! I just promised myself I'd write 1,250 words a day for the next two months. only 1,245 to go!!!!! Maybe 500 will be more my speed.

Soccer Mom
07-08-2007, 07:25 AM
500 is a good commitment. It's not scary. Very doable and often once I get started I can rip off a lot more than just the 500.

Mel
07-08-2007, 08:12 AM
1059 on one novel and 432 on the other. So guess not too bad.

You know, we all have days we don't write for one reason or another. Just think of all the words you've already done.

I have to say, though, if I see that whip then I know I'll feel guilty if I don't write something. :)

Shara
07-08-2007, 10:19 PM
1950 words today! :)

Shara

Mel
07-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Yay, Shara! :hooray:

Soccer Mom
07-09-2007, 06:44 AM
[quote=Mel;1457604]1059 on one novel and 432 on the other. So guess not too bad.

:hooray: for Mel. Don't forget I have the :whip:

1950 words today! :)

Shara

:hooray: for Shara! That's a productive day.

And I wrote another 700 words. Almost done with Mrs. McGivney Feeds Her Demon! I'm just loving this story! :snoopy:

BardSkye
07-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Wow, y'all are just zipping along!

No new words for me for a week or so; trying to get non-negotiable committments out of the way (like quarterly taxes), and trading edits with my AW partner on a couple of WIPs each.

I think I need someone to poke me now and again.

Mel
07-09-2007, 08:55 AM
:hooray: for Mel. Don't forget I have the :whip:

You know, I was going to go to bed, then I popped in here to see how everyone was doing. Saw the whip! Had to go write! 1180 on my 1st person novel - it began as a fun project for myself. :) 227 on a short I haven't looked at in forever.

And I wrote another 700 words. Almost done with Mrs. McGivney Feeds Her Demon! I'm just loving this story! :snoopy::Sun: Oh, yes! :hooray:

Soccer Mom
07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Good for you, Mel! :whip: Keep at it!

I finished Mrs. McGivney Feeds Her Demon today. :hooray: and it's a svelte 4066 words! Perfect length for the market I'm targeting! I'll let it sit for a few days and give it another good edit before posting it for crit.

Now I need to get serious about finishing that synopsis. Ugh. Poke away.

Mel
07-09-2007, 11:34 PM
I finished Mrs. McGivney Feeds Her Demon today. :hooray: and it's a svelte 4066 words! Perfect length for the market I'm targeting! I'll let it sit for a few days and give it another good edit before posting it for crit.

Now I need to get serious about finishing that synopsis. Ugh. Poke away.

:Sun:Yay, Soccer Mom! :Clap:

Cassiopeia
07-10-2007, 03:46 AM
Does working on my outline count? I was so into it, I didn't even sleep the other night.

Mel
07-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Does working on my outline count? I was so into it, I didn't even sleep the other night.

I don't see why not, it's part of writing. So, good for you! :Sun:

Decided to stick with one project tonight. 1446 words.

Cassiopeia
07-10-2007, 08:25 AM
I don't see why not, it's part of writing. So, good for you! :Sun:

Decided to stick with one project tonight. 1446 words.wooohoo! and well done Mel. I am looking forward to the time when this is ready and I get to write. :)

AnnieColleen
07-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey, y'all are rockin' here!

:Sun: :Sun: :Sun:

Me, well...I know I have that big book of excuses around here someplace...:gone:

(Actually I have gotten a good bit done on the cross-stitch. Now if someone would just invent a stitch-counter so I could report actual numbers!)

Mel
07-10-2007, 09:08 PM
(Actually I have gotten a good bit done on the cross-stitch. Now if someone would just invent a stitch-counter so I could report actual numbers!)

Well, I'm going to give you :Sun::Sun::Sun: for all that stitching. I haven't touched mine in too long. One big piece to finish and another I want to get started for a friend. How do some get a total count for a day? I've seen them post them on email lists.

AnnieColleen
07-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I've no idea how people get a total count! Possibly an estimate from how much area they've covered? That wouldn't work too well for me since I do a color at a time, so I'll go over the same area multiple times.

This is the one I'm working on:
http://www.holyneedle.com/store/files/images/small/t_403.jpg
I still have the sky and a good chunk of the hills yet to go, and it's bigger than it looks!

Shara
07-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Word count not quite so industrious this week as it was last week.

300 words yesterday.
470 today. Think I'll leave it there for now.

Shara

Mel
07-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Word count not quite so industrious this week as it was last week.

300 words yesterday.
470 today. Think I'll leave it there for now.

Shara

Yay, Shara! :hooray: Those words keep adding up.

Soccer Mom
07-11-2007, 06:46 AM
:Sun: to everyone for words and stitching!

Me? :shuffles feet: Well, I edited today. No new words, but I sent off a submission. So I'm actually happy. It was serious editing. Sometimes removing words is as productive as adding them.

AnnieColleen
07-11-2007, 08:26 AM
673 today, for the (belated) Sunday FF challenge. That was fun, exploring ways to expand an existing story that badly needs it.

And of course no stitching tonight. And my mom is annoyed with me for writing instead of walking with her. (I didn't expect to have the challenge pop up and be a prompt I needed to do!)

Cassiopeia
07-11-2007, 08:49 AM
:Clap: You guys are doing so well! Good job :)

BardSkye
07-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Sometimes removing words is as productive as adding them.

And often harder. So I think you deserve a::Sun:

I got 1920 on my historical today moving the characters from China to the Gobi Desert.

Soccer Mom
07-11-2007, 11:37 PM
:hooray: for Bard. That's some road trip!

:Sun: for Annie. I love it when a prompt tickles just the right way.

Shara
07-12-2007, 01:27 AM
1480 today. But it was hard work. I'm really not happy with the direction the novel is going in.

I am about to go on holiday for a week, and won't have email access so I was going to let you all know I won't be posting here till I come back.

I probably won't be writing, either (actually I will be sitting in the sun!!). But I need to think about my plot, and work out what direction it needs to be taking. So I shall ponder, and think, and maybe scribble notes, and hopefully by the time I come back I shall be ready to roll again.

So I'll catch up with you all in a week or so.

Shara

AnnieColleen
07-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah, we all know you'll be off plotting in your secret lair... :tongue

Have fun!

Will Lavender
07-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Finished the WIP today, y'all.

I'm going to take a couple of days off, and then start the revision process. Yipee... :D

Soccer Mom
07-12-2007, 06:00 AM
:Sun::Sun::Sun::Sun: Congrats Will!

Have fun, Shara.

Mel
07-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Looks to me like everyone is moving right along!

:Sun::Sun::Clap::Sun::Sun:

I'm writing, honest! Just wanted to come check in.

Mel
07-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Finished the WIP today, y'all.

I'm going to take a couple of days off, and then start the revision process. Yipee... :D

Whoop! Yay, Will! :hooray:

BardSkye
07-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Congrats, Will!

'Bout 120 written for me with the rest of the scene figured out, just not written yet.

Mel
07-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Congrats, Will!

'Bout 120 written for me with the rest of the scene figured out, just not written yet.
:Sun::Sun::Sun: Always nice to get scenes figured out.

Too tired to post last night. Wrote 1048.

Soccer Mom
07-13-2007, 06:55 AM
:whip: Hope everyone is writing like crazy. I'm heavy into editing mode again. Blech. And VBS is sucking up all my free time this week.

Mel
07-13-2007, 08:27 AM
:whip: Hope everyone is writing like crazy. I'm heavy into editing mode again. Blech. And VBS is sucking up all my free time this week.

Hope the editing is going well. :Sun:

I managed 1062 words, and started later than usual. Don't know why I don't writer earlier in the day and get more done.

BardSkye
07-13-2007, 09:18 AM
722 for me tonight. :D

Cassiopeia
07-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I edited and posted a three year old poem on my blog. I helped someone with their story. I am working on my outline. So still busy at it. I hope to get my story mapped out soon so I can begin the actual process of writing the story. :)

You all are doing fabulous. :) Keep on, Keepin' on. ;)

moth
07-14-2007, 05:50 AM
You're all doing so great. Keep going, everybody! :Sun:

But me, I'm lame, and full of shame. *sheepish* I've had no words the last few days, and I've even avoided coming to AW for that long in the hopes that I'd 'make it up' and not have to own up in this thread. Bad mothy. PLUS I've finked out on the pledge I made in the Suddenly Fiction forum (sub one flash piece a month) and I know it. :e2bummed: :e2smack:

I'm proud of all of you and still hopeful for myself. Back on the horse! :D

Cassiopeia
07-14-2007, 07:50 AM
You're all doing so great. Keep going, everybody! :Sun:

But me, I'm lame, and full of shame. *sheepish* I've had no words the last few days, and I've even avoided coming to AW for that long in the hopes that I'd 'make it up' and not have to own up in this thread. Bad mothy. PLUS I've finked out on the pledge I made in the Suddenly Fiction forum (sub one flash piece a month) and I know it. :e2bummed: :e2smack:

I'm proud of all of you and still hopeful for myself. Back on the horse! :D
Hey just cos you are taking a breather doesn't mean you need to avoid us. :D Just call it your think-tanking or mind mapping time. :D Yes, that is what I call it. ;) That or I am outlining! mwahahah ;)

AnnieColleen
07-14-2007, 08:20 AM
I hand-wrote a page or so -- no margins & small writing ;) -- re-doing a scene for the story I'm trying to expand. The benefits of looong training classes!

Hopefully more tomorrow.

(Moth, if you're a fink, I am too!)

BardSkye
07-14-2007, 08:29 AM
422 this morning, just about to start again.

Great to hear about everyone else, too. :banana:

moth
07-14-2007, 04:31 PM
:Hug2: Aww thanks guys! You all totally made me feel better. :D

Great job, Annie and Bard! :Thumbs:

*** :e2poke: at self, and anyone else who wants/needs it ;) ***

Mel
07-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Moth, don't feel that way, or I'll have to carry shame around too! I didn't write yesterday and nothing tonight. Not sure I'm really in the mood either. -- I know, we should even then.

Yay :Sun::Sun::Sun:for everyone who wrote, outlined, did some thinking, stitching and anything creative!

RaineeRose
07-15-2007, 09:28 AM
939 words on a story idea that occured to me after attending my husband's class reunion. I also wrote a few more notes on a previous idea/current WIP, so all in all, this was a pretty productive day for me. (I'm just getting back in the groove ... starting small, but at least I'm back!)

BardSkye
07-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Only 198 words today. Spent most of the day reading Flavius Josephus, volume one, only to realize the part I actually need to read is (apparently) in volume 15 or so.

Still, it was fascinating reading, so was time well spent. Back to the library to find the right volume.

AnnieColleen
07-17-2007, 07:55 AM
200 here, expanding a previous scene.

Reading is good!

Cassiopeia
07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
*puts on her cheerleader outfit* GOOOOOOOOOOO team! You guys are doing great! ME? I am STILL outlining and building my characters and locations.

*mutters* It was so much easier when I didn't outline. :D BUT I think this JUST might work.

Mania
07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
About 200 words so far, hand written, but I only wrote for a couple of hours this morning just to get started on a new chapter.

Soccer Mom
07-18-2007, 04:58 AM
:welcome: to Mania! Glad you could join us. You've written 200 words more than I have today.

I've been editing heavily. For some reason I'm just in love with this Mrs. McGivney Feeds Her Demon. I've given it two good edits (down to just under 4K now) and I just adore this story.

New words....um....rewrote another story based on advice and just submitted it.

New words?

Okay, zero.

Poke away. :D

BardSkye
07-18-2007, 07:25 AM
:poke: Well, you asked.

Seriously, good job. Editing's time-consuming.

Cassiopeia
07-18-2007, 09:55 AM
First 500 of new book written today.

Soccer Mom
07-18-2007, 07:58 PM
:Sun: Good job, Kim! Now you get to the fun part.

Mania
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks Soccer Mom :)

I've writen somewhere in about the same region again, but tomorrow it will go up as I have the house to myself and can just write to my hearts content.

Mel
07-19-2007, 04:32 AM
Wow, everyone is doing so well! :Sun::Sun::Sun:

Kim is done with her outline! :snoopy:

I've been sooo bad. Not much writing this week. Off to do some now.:whip:

Soccer Mom
07-19-2007, 04:57 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Mel.... :whip: :whip: :whip:

Good for you, Mania! :Sun:

My long WIP has stalled so I've printed it and I'm going to try and figure out where I went awry. I can usually find it if I back up a bit. No writing tonight, but I updated my submissions spreadsheet (which makes me feel all virtuous.) I've got seven stories out on submission. I need to get one more flash out to make my quota and I want Mrs. McGivney ready to submit in August or September.

Mel
07-19-2007, 05:03 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Mel.... :whip: :whip: :whip:

I'm writing! Really! Have almost 600 but am going for more to try to play catch up.

Soccer Mom
07-19-2007, 06:55 AM
:Sun: Good for you!

Mel
07-19-2007, 08:32 AM
1082 words. Not saying they're good ones. Just trying to plow through and not worry. Want to get the first draft finished and have something to work with on rewrites. On this one anyway. The other one didn't get worked on tonight and it's slower to write, which is fine.

BardSkye
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Nothing for me since I last posted. Blame it on UPS. I need my contest submissions picked up and delivered to me or this year's anthology is gonna be a real short book and they've been jerking me around for - count 'em - 15 days. Then they tell me today that I never called to book a pickup.

Mania
07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, I think somewhere between 1500-2000 today, according to calculations... or 16 pages of very small writing on narrow lines. Now, I'm tired lol

Bubastes
07-19-2007, 09:09 PM
:peeking in, waving hello:

May I join in here? Do I need to bribe someone? I need some serious hand-holding as I try (for the third time) to write my first novel (literary/mainstream/contemporary).

I started in mid-July writing 500 words a day, then I upped it to 600 when it felt relatively easy. Now I'm shooting for 700.

My first draft sucks so much that the filename is "Dyson."

Any rules for the 500-words-a-day thread I should know about? Thanks!

Oh, and I wrote 242 words during my lunch break. I hope to hit my 700 word goal this evening.

Mel
07-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, I think somewhere between 1500-2000 today, according to calculations... or 16 pages of very small writing on narrow lines. Now, I'm tired lol

Go, Mania! You did good! :Sun:

Mel
07-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Nothing for me since I last posted. Blame it on UPS. I need my contest submissions picked up and delivered to me or this year's anthology is gonna be a real short book and they've been jerking me around for - count 'em - 15 days. Then they tell me today that I never called to book a pickup.

You'll still write more! Sorry about the problems you're having.

Mel
07-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Waves back at MeowGirl! The only thing I've seen here, if you could call them rules, is :poke: and :whip:

Have to say, the whip gets me writing more than the poking. :)

Soccer Mom
07-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Hi, Meow! There are no rules here. We pledge to write at least 500 words a day, but when we fail, well, you only get :poke: or :whip:

When you do, you get a :Sun:

We just cheerlead, hand hold, and cajole one another along.

And poke when necessary.

Tonight I pledge to send off a new query.

BardSkye
07-20-2007, 12:59 AM
All carrot, no stick.

It's helped me a lot. :D

Shara
07-20-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm back! After soaking up the sun in Israel for a while.

Now back in rainy old Britain (well no rain today but I think it's a brief reprieve).

I have been deliberating whether to go back and revise Draft 1, to try and fix the problems, or carry on going and acknowledge the fact there are holes in the plot (not to mention complete cardboard cut-outs for characters and just fix everything in Draft 2.

I have decided to keep going. I want to finish Draft 1 by the end of the year. Who cares if it's rubbish? No one's going to read it but me.

I tend to do a chapter-by-chapter summary as I go along, and what I have decided to do is make copious notes on this on what I need to fix for Draft 2. And I'm going to do a write-up on each of my characters, in an attempt to get to know them better and hence make them more 3-dimension.

So, back at the computer now but no words tonight, as I have been making notes on what to fix for Draft 2.

Well done to everyone else, though. You're all doing great!

Shara

AnnieColleen
07-20-2007, 03:11 AM
Now back in rainy old Britain (well no rain today but I think it's a brief reprieve).

I think we got your rain!

I'm doing basically the same as you -- pushing ahead & ignoring early problems -- but without the outside work. That said, no words in the last couple of days, but I've gotten a good bit done on the cross-stitch (unfortunately with several more of those bits still to go!)

Bubastes
07-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Booyah! I wrote 800 words! :snoopy:

Mel
07-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Booyah! I wrote 800 words! :snoopy:

Yay, MeowGirl! :Sun:

reigningcatsndogs
07-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Since wandering into AW, I have avoided this thread because I was way too intimidated to look. Now, after spending time reading through this with a cup of tea, I know I have to give myself a kick in the ass. I just finished one WIP (first draft) and am working on three new outlines plus the rewrite, but now I know I have to be ready to start for the first of August (I hope):Shrug: .....(No, I'll give it my best shot!):).... (Oh, to hell with it, I will delete Big Kahuna Reef and Zume from my laptop and just get to work!!!):flag: . Thanks for the motivation!

(Secretly, or not so much any more, seriously I was thinking the last one was The Last One but writing is an addiction for me -- I just can't stop, especially now that I have discovered the water cooler)

Mel
07-20-2007, 07:22 AM
I didn't check it out because I thought it was for Mystery, Thriller and Suspense writers. Finally peeked in this month and saw that genre didn't matter.

In my -very- short time here I've come to think of it as a cozy room full of caring writers who want to encourage each other.

AnnieColleen
07-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Heh...and I didn't even notice it was Mystery/Thriller/Suspense until well after I'd jumped in. Teach me to read New Posts without looking which board they're on! :tongue

BardSkye
07-20-2007, 09:47 AM
:Sun: For everyone who got things done. I got about 100 words. A friend and I are playing with marrying characters from two seperate WIPs into a new story just for fun, a PI and my referee.

Soccer Mom
07-20-2007, 05:22 PM
:Sun: Yay for all the writing I see here.

Naw, genre doesn't matter a whit for this. It's just a place to encourage one another to write.

Finally pulled the trigger on a query for an agency I reallyreally like. Now I get to hold my breath again. In addition to all the stories I have out on submission. Yikes. :Ssh:

Mania
07-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Well done to everyone :)

I think I've done the same again because I finished part 6 of series 7 (which had 6 pages left) and then did the first 10 pages of part 7 so I'm happy!

burgy61
07-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Hello everybody, I was just snooping around and found this thread. I just woke up and haven't wrote anything today, but yesterday the count was
224 on a new SS
200 on WIP :)

Soccer Mom
07-21-2007, 01:10 AM
:welcome: burgy

New words today! about 800 new words on my long WIP. Yay!

ETA: And a request for a partial was waiting in my inbox when I got home! :hooray:

burgy61
07-21-2007, 01:15 PM
ETA: And a request for a partial was waiting in my inbox when I got home! :hooray:

That's great, congratulations! :D

597 words today.

Bubastes
07-21-2007, 06:50 PM

Yeeeehaah!!!!! Congratulations, and good luck!

Soccer Mom
07-22-2007, 09:51 PM
1,000 1,500 on the new WIP. And I finished off the synopsis and sent the partial (nothing like the right motivation, eh?)

Oh, and I read the first 300 400 pages of HP7.:tongue

BardSkye
07-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Congrats on the partial request, Soccer Mom! Best of luck!

Does copy-typing count? If so, then I claim 53 double-spaced pages. (My stuff finally got here.)

Shara
07-24-2007, 01:00 AM
I've been Plotting again tonight (no, not the kind where you rub your hands together in villainly glee and cackle "mwa ha ha...". The Working Out How to Fix Horrible Plot Problems kind).

I think I've finally worked out where to go from here, so tomorrow I'm going to get back into actually writing words.

So if Wednesday dawns and I haven't posted a word count here, will someone please get out the poking stick...

Shara

Bubastes
07-24-2007, 03:33 AM
The good news: I wrote another 700+ words and broke the 10K barrier on my WIP.

The bad news: all 10K words suck!

Cassiopeia
07-24-2007, 03:59 AM
1500 words yesterday :) It was for the FF though. :)

Soccer Mom
07-24-2007, 05:51 AM
:Sun: Thanks Bard! Sounds like good work.

:Sun: Good writing, Meow. I'll bet those words don't suck as much as you think. You're too hard on yourself.

:Sun: I love ironing out plot issues, Shara. I'll be back to poke if we don't see new words soon.

:Sun: Good job Kim! FF counts!

Where is moth? :poke:

And Mel? :whip:

ETA: Me? 460 new words.

Come back and play! :(

Bubastes
07-24-2007, 04:37 PM
:Sun: to BardSkye, Shara, Cassiopeia and Soccer Mom! Keep moving forward!

Mel
07-24-2007, 06:23 PM

Whoo hoo! :snoopy:

Mel
07-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Come back and play! :(

I'm back to play.

:Sun:To all who accomplished something!

moth
07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm so sorry I haven't been here! I've missed you guys and this whole site so much. I somehow got walking pneumonia, of all things, and it's thrashing me.:e2thud: Today's the first day I've felt able to come online for more than two seconds to check email. I've written zero words and still have almost no energy. At least my fever's down. Still coughing and hacking though...if you've heard horrible noises this past week, it was just me. :o ;)

But go everybody go! :Sun: I didn't read every post I missed but I saw some phenomenal stuff. Yay for all of you. :D I'm going to attempt some words tonight, as I need to get back in the daily BIC routine.

Shara
07-25-2007, 02:18 AM
I love ironing out plot issues, Shara. I'll be back to poke if we don't see new words soon.

But I hate ironing...(as my husband is aware; he's always ironed his own shirts!)

600 words tonight. Yay!:)

And that's in addition to going to my aerobics class tonight. I feel virtuous!!

Sorry, Soccer Mom, I can tell you were looking forward to getting out the poking stick.

Not sure what Walking Pneumonia is, Moth (surely the regular kind is bad enough??) but I hope you feel better soon! Make sure you take it easy until you feel well again.

Shara

Cassiopeia
07-25-2007, 02:34 AM
100 word drabble last night.

Soccer Mom
07-25-2007, 03:49 AM
:Sun: For all those with new words! And Happy Day, :snoopy: Moth and Mel are back.

Moth! :Hug2: Sorry you've been sick!

Shara: I hear you on the ironing. Plots are the only thing I like to iron around my house.

Mel: :whip:

Bubastes
07-25-2007, 05:02 AM
What is this "ironing" of which you speak?

Moth, get well soon!

Shara: can you send some of that exercise motivation my way? I feel so out of shape.

Cassiopeia: every little bit counts!

Mel: :poke:

ETA: 750 words today. :)

Mel
07-25-2007, 06:57 AM
:Hug2:Moth. I knew someone who had it. They won't hospitalize you like they do with regular pneumonia, but it's almost as bad. Get well soon!

Yay, Shara! :Sun:

Go, MeowGirl! :Sun:

Kim, words are words! :Sun: That's 100 more than you had before. :)

Yes, I'm writing! 1283 so far tonight. Can I get 2000? Will I make that? Pushing for it.

Soccer Mom
07-25-2007, 07:22 AM
:Sun: Yay for Meow!

:hooray: for Mel! :whip: Go get 'em!

Mel
07-25-2007, 08:06 AM
2,017 words. Whew.

Cassiopeia
07-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Good for you Mel. YOU rule!

burgy61
07-25-2007, 09:05 PM
490 words last night unless writing recipes count then it would be 720 words.

Shara
07-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Shara: can you send some of that exercise motivation my way? I feel so out of shape.

MeowGirl, the exercise motivation came my way in the form of the fact I'm having to wear my 'fat trousers' again and can't fit into the 'thin trousers'. I've hauled out the Weightwatcher books, too.

1,800 words tonight. Woohoo!

(but today, no exercise class)

Shara

Mel
07-26-2007, 01:40 AM
490 words last night unless writing recipes count then it would be 720 words.

Yay, burgy!:Sun: I always say, words are words.

1,800 words tonight. Woohoo!

Shara

Go, Shara! :hooray:

Mel
07-26-2007, 08:39 AM
2,043 words tonight. I hit 60,000! Took a ton of crappy words to get there and there'll be more of those before it's finished. :D

BardSkye
07-26-2007, 10:06 AM
:Hug2: for Moth and hope you feel better soon. My brother had that as a kid and was some sick!

:Sun: for everyone. Good work!

My copy-typing is done. The anthology will come in at 75138 words, give or take a few hundred after edits and I got it typed in over four days.

Those high-school typing classes I took way back when the dinosaurs roamed sure are coming in handy now.

Bubastes
07-26-2007, 05:06 PM
:Sun: to Mel, burgy, and BardSkye! Burgy, recipes definitely count in my book.

Another 700 words last night, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall. Maybe I should write from another character's POV to keep things moving.

Mel
07-26-2007, 05:47 PM
My copy-typing is done. The anthology will come in at 75138 words, give or take a few hundred after edits and I got it typed in over four days.

:Sun:BardSkye.

Another 700 words last night, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall. Maybe I should write from another character's POV to keep things moving.

:Sun:MeowGirl. I'm switching between two on this one and it does help when you feel stuck.

Soccer Mom
07-27-2007, 04:33 AM
Nothing today. But I did some beta work for someone and submitted a short story and sent another query out. So I worked, I just haven't added new words to my WIP.

Yet. I'll think positively.

:Sun: for Bard and :Sun: for Meow.

:whip: for Mel and I.

:Hug2: for moth. Feel better soon.

moth
07-27-2007, 04:49 AM
:Sun: for everyone! You all are rocking. :e2headban Go everybody go! :D

I got 750 over the last two days on a new story, but I'm finding it easier to edit pre-existing stories at the moment. Still thinking through a fair amount of cement in my head. :tongue

:e2cheer: for you all! Go go go, good productive vibes being sent out, and positive thinking all over the place. :D

Mel
07-27-2007, 05:59 AM
I got 750 over the last two days on a new story, but I'm finding it easier to edit pre-existing stories at the moment. Still thinking through a fair amount of cement in my head. :tongue

Yay, Moth! :Sun: Don't overdo, though!

I'm seriously thinking of not writing tonight. Just too tired. I did come up with an idea, some characters, and a few notes that I think I'll expand on and use in November.

Soccer Mom, you can use the double whip tomorrow. :D

Soccer Mom
07-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I worked out where I'm going next in WIP. That will have to do.

But tomorrow for both Mel and I....:whip:

Cassiopeia
07-27-2007, 07:33 AM
300 words today.

dahmnait
07-27-2007, 08:13 AM
sneaking back in

...I've been here the entire time....You've seen me log my pages for the last two months...I've been here the entire time...over 500 almost every day...

Writer's...pshaw...you would think with your imaginations a bit of mind control would work. :Shrug:

614 today (article)

I've missed you guys.

Cassiopeia
07-27-2007, 08:48 AM
sneaking back in

...I've been here the entire time....You've seen me log my pages for the last two months...I've been here the entire time...over 500 almost every day...

Writer's...pshaw...you would think with your imaginations a bit of mind control would work. :Shrug:

614 today (article)

I've missed you guys.:ROFL:well don't stay away so long. :)

moth
07-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Go Cassi! :Sun:

Yay dahmnait! :hi: C'mon back in, the water's fine, and we're nice here unless we're using whips or poking-sticks. ;)
( :e2poke: and :whip: for anyone who wants or needs it)

Soccer Mom
07-27-2007, 08:11 PM
:Sun: Happy to see dahmnait back!

:Sun: Go, Cassie!

:Sun: So far, I have 1,000 new words today. I'm going for a second thousand to make up for yesterday's sloth.

ETA: Well, a little short of the second thousand, but added another 500 for a total of 1500. I'm satisfied.

burgy61
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
:Sun:You go Soccer Mom, someday I hope to get my two fingers moving fast enough to hit that many words.

Mostly I have been editing my book, I hope I don't have to send it to PA, but I need to be ready just in case.

I did manage 235 words and one long email yesterday.:)

Bubastes
07-28-2007, 01:05 AM
:Sun: to everyone! Wow, so much productivity going on here. I love it!

ETA: 850 words today on my WIP. I didn't think I'd ever get this far. Seriously. I'm going into uncharted territory here because I normally toss my WIP when I hit the 10K mark.

AnnieColleen
07-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Somebody poke me if I don't check in tomorrow -- I'm feeling depressded (funerals will do that) & I need to use this weekend to actually be productive. :(

Cassiopeia
07-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Somebody poke me if I don't check in tomorrow -- I'm feeling depressded (funerals will do that) & I need to use this weekend to actually be productive. :(Hey Annie, my thoughts are with you. I will check in on you. Be sure to write about the funeral and that and your loss. it will help. PM me if you need.

Shara
07-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Nothing for the last two days.

But 1600 words this morning to make up for it.

Shara

Cassiopeia
07-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Going to bed now, but I managed to write 1400 words and edited 350 so now my WIP has a total of 2159 words.

I am finally into the swing of it. Feels good. :)

Night everyone and morning to those where the sun is up and shining. :D

moth
07-28-2007, 11:59 PM
How are you doing, Annie? I'm thinking of you too. :Hug2:

Editing is going great. A whole bunch of new words with that editing, a few hundred at least. I hope it'll all still make sense later!

:Sun: for everyone.

Mel
07-29-2007, 05:10 AM
:Clap:Yay for everyone!:Sun:

:Hug2:for Annie!

490 words yesterday and 1238 today. Slogging onward.

Cassiopeia
07-29-2007, 05:10 AM
*pokes at Annie* Annie, where are you?

Well, I have another 1000 words so far today.

Soccer Mom
07-29-2007, 06:01 AM
:Sun: for Cassie!

:Sun: for Mel!

Put away the whip, I got my 1,000 today as well.

:Sun: for moth.

:Hug2: for Annie.

dahmnait
07-29-2007, 07:06 AM
My body finally went on strike and slept for two days. I will be making the time up tomorrow. I have no choice. For now, I am going back to bed.

Good job everyone.

AnnieColleen
07-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm here! (I did peek in a couple of times today and saw the hugs...thank you! Where's a warm-fuzzy smilie when I need one?)

Mixed results with the day. I got some stitching done and I got notes taken and a couple of scenes plotted for a short story. (I'm trying to do this one as an exercise in planning...I have beginning & end, but not middle.) Also went to the movies with my brother, which was fun if not productive, and did a couple of errands. And some stretches of poking around the internet doing nothing, but they didn't take over the entire day at least. :)

burgy61
07-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Did some major rewriting and got 855 words in today.

Shara
07-30-2007, 12:48 AM
1400 words today.

And here we are nearly at the end of July! We've all been so productive this month. Well done to everyone!

Shara

Soccer Mom
07-30-2007, 01:09 AM
:Sun: Good for you, Burgy!

:Sun: Yay for Shara. You're really moving along.

Bubastes
07-30-2007, 02:29 AM
:Sun: to Cassie, moth, Mel, burgy, Shara, AnnieColleen and Soccer Mom. All of you are making great progress! I love seeing everyone busily working on their WIPs.

:Hug2: to dahmnait. Rest is very important, so I hope you got enough of it last night!

Brownies for everyone!

I'll be hitting my 700 word quota in another 20 minutes or so. The writing is getting more difficult because I'm definitely in uncharted waters here. I keep telling myself that this first novel is just to practice getting to "The End" on a piece longer than 11K words.

Humina humina humina. :breathes in paper bag:

Soccer Mom
07-30-2007, 04:25 AM
:e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer:

You can do it, Meow!

BardSkye
07-30-2007, 05:08 AM
:e2Order: You can do it! Nothing can stop you now! Listen, and believe. You can do it!

:D

AnnieColleen
07-30-2007, 07:27 AM
597 today, for the FF challenge; also some stitching. Doing ok otherwise. The family gets back tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes!

Bubastes
07-31-2007, 04:43 PM
:Sun: for AnnieColleen! What kind of stitching do you do?

:poke: Anyone else checking in?

Me: 700+ words last night. Thanks to everyone for the cheerleading and nudges!

Cassiopeia
07-31-2007, 05:56 PM
*gets out her cheerleader outfit* right...ready...here we go. Let's have a rocking great day for the last day of July. Go team! :D

Soccer Mom
07-31-2007, 07:09 PM
:hooray: for Meow!

I got a whopping 400 words done. But that's okay. New day. All that.

BardSkye
08-01-2007, 03:36 AM
Hey, what happened to Rambo Yorkie? He's changed breeds on us!

Bubastes
08-01-2007, 03:56 AM
I love the new doggie!

Go, team, go! :attempts the splits:

Ow, I think I pulled something....:D

Soccer Mom
08-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Rambo doggie needed the day off. :D I needed a cuter face, something hard to reject.

400 words so far today.

ETA: do otters say Meow?

Bubastes
08-01-2007, 04:51 AM
Rambo doggie needed the day off. :D I needed a cuter face, something hard to reject.

400 words so far today.

ETA: do otters say Meow?

:Sun: to Soccer Mom! And yes, the new doggie is so cute it hurts.

I think otters squeak, but then my cats do too. :)

Mel
08-01-2007, 06:37 AM
:Clap: Everyone is moving forward!

Careful MeowGirl, those splits can be dangerous!

Love the puppy, Soccer Mom!

1112 words. See, I didn't give up. Haven't killed them yet either.:) I'm hurting one right now though.:D

Okay, tomorrow's another day and a new month!

burgy61
08-01-2007, 11:57 AM
All the editing and rewriting has caused my brain to overload so I took a couple of days off. I got back at it today and managed to go through about two chapters and added 680 words.

Mel
08-01-2007, 05:14 PM
All the editing and rewriting has caused my brain to overload so I took a couple of days off. I got back at it today and managed to go through about two chapters and added 680 words.

:Sun:burgy61

Sometimes you gotta take a break.

Bubastes
08-01-2007, 05:14 PM
:Sun: for Mel and burgy!

Oh wow, is it August already?

Soccer Mom
08-01-2007, 09:06 PM
:Sun: for everyone. Oh wow! Is it time for a new thread?

AnnieColleen
08-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Looks like it!

I still may not be around much because the cross-stitch project still has to get done (but it's more done than it was!), but I'll check in as I can.

:Sun: all around!

Shara
08-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I didn't manage any words in the last two days of July.

But I wanted to sign off by saying I have calculated that I wrote 15,600 words in total in the month of July.

That's an average of 503 words a day, so I guess I did it in the end!

I'm going to go check out the August thread now.

Shara

Lynda
07-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Hi
I'm in for this challenge. I did start yesterday, 1st July, and completed 500 words. It is a standalone but has legs, as they say, so it might turn into a novella or something else. This is day 2, and I'm thinking about it. Procrastination rules.
Good luck to everyone participating.
Oh, dear. Am I in the wrong thread? This dates back 2007.

HistorySleuth
07-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Yep. Wrong thread. :) don't think Jude started the one for July 2016. Holiday weekend and all.

lizmonster
07-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Pretty sure hj doesn't have to start it, and as I'm here on the holiday weekend, I'll open one up. :)

And welcome, Lynda! :hooray: :hooray:

lizmonster
07-03-2016, 05:19 PM
2016 thread is here (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?320236-Joinant-July-500-words-day-or-editing-all-genres-welcome&p=9878215#post9878215).

HistorySleuth
07-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Thanks Liz!