BtVS Season 8

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to put this thread here instead of comics, because I think it makes a little more sense.

But ... is anyone else reading Joss's season 8 comic? Any thoughts on it so far?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Kelly we're being invaded by the comics :) . I haven't read these comics, have to go look down the shop tommorrow to see if they have any in stock.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
The first one came out in March, there's four issues so far. They're taking a break in July and coming back in August ... Picks up from where season 7 ended, and Joss is writing the storyline.

You can preview the first couple of pages here.

I've ordered a couple online, and bought the others at Newbury Comics. So ... hurry up and buy them, cause I need to discuss it!

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I subscribe to them via TFAW.com so they come in the mail about the same time they show up in the stores.

I'm enjoying the series but have one complaint - they're too short! Buffy was an hour long show and each comic gives me about 5 minutes of reading with a one month gap between episodes. Oh well.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I subscribe to them via TFAW.com so they come in the mail about the same time they show up in the stores.

I did that at first, but then I ended up with a variant cover. And while it shouldn't matter, it bugged me that they didn't all have the same look.

And yeah -- I'll agree on the too short!

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
We got a very vague glimpse of the Scoobies lives post-Buffy during the fifth season of Angel, but I need more!

Don't believe what you see!

Actually, I never finished watching Angel when it aired originally. I'm in the middle of season 5 now, for the first time.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Don't believe what you see!

Actually, I never finished watching Angel when it aired originally. I'm in the middle of season 5 now, for the first time.
I kept missing shows and found it difficult to follow because of it. I think it's back on one of the cable channels so may give it another go.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
But I'm reading... does that count?

Guess I'm posting now, though. :D

I'd heard a little bit about the comics a while back, hence I get the "don't believe what you saw in Angel" reference. I just haven't seen them anywhere. I'll have to check out Borders next time I'm there.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Glad you came out of lurking, Serenity. :)

Do stores like Borders and B&N carry the monthly episodic comics? All I've seen are the compilations of say, a whole year or more's worth of stories and things written as graphic novels - but maybe I wasn't looking at the right place in the store.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I think if you check out Dark Horse's website, they'll give you a list of stores in your area selling them.

Oooooh, enjoy it. Have you seen "Smile Time" yet? Best episode of the season, along with "A Hole In The World" (<---but that's because I hate Fred).

"Smile Time" is coming up soon. I stopped watching after season 3, I think, because I hated that he fell for Cordelia. Then, I caught random episodes of 4 and the Cordelia/Connor thing squicked me way too much to keep interest.

So far I'm pleasantly enjoying 5. Alexis Denisof looks way better than I remember. I always liked Fred, though, although I was spoiled on what happens with her. But, Spike!

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Angel's getting its own 12-issue season 6. Joss Whedon is plotting, but not writing, it.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
:hooray: Yay!

It's funny you should resurrect this thread. I was at a SFF con this weekend, and found the first three issues of Buffy Season 8. :D Haven't read them all yet, but I scooped those puppies up.

Now if only we could get Firefly, Season 2 in comic form. ;)